• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Do jackets like these have a name?

92ZTSST.jpg
Unconstructed blazer. The one you posted is odd. (Very small lapels and high buttons.)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright. Few things. First, I think I found what I want to wear to the wedding in San Diego I'm going to in two weeks. Do these colors go together (from Express)? If so, what color shoes do I need to wear? Will a brown work? With a brown belt?

Second, I went to Target to check out their Mossimo stuff you all recommended and came away with 3 shits and a pair of Menora shorts. Do these shirts go with the shorts? What other colors should I wear with the shorts? (the shorts are a light blue, that shirt on the right is a darker blue, not a gray. The one on the left is a medium blue)

Here's me wearing them (I didn't buy that shirt):

Finally, I ordered the Clark's for shoes. If they don't look good I found the Sperry's I mentioned earlier this week at the shoe store here, and I found some slip on Sperry's I kind of like (below) so I'll decide between those.

EVOL 100%

yeah that button stance is awful

Yeah, but it's the closest to what I was looking for, which is basically tiny lapels.

I searched for deconstructed blazers, but it looks like it's just a general term for more casual blazer styles, and doesn't necessarily refer to what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway though, it still narrowed down the search a bit.

Lotto

I own a lot of Everlane tees but I find that the half inch collar hem gets pretty messed up after a few washes. Really comfortable tees though, XS feels a little big on me. My go to tees are probably Uniqlo premium cotton shirts, the XS is the most perfect fitting shirt I've ever worn (sizing for tees changes a lot, but I find the premium ones best). Also, no pilling. I'll probably pick up a few new colors from that Everlane drop though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Any comments on my questions above?

Brown shoes/belt with the wedding outfit; more specifically, a lighter caramel brown versus a darker chocolate shade.

The tees and shorts are perfectly fine together. I mean, the shorts are light enough that you can literally wear any colors with them. Same for shoes: those grey Sperrys in the back? Fine. White kicks like you were looking at a few days back? Even better. Brown, black, orange, blue, red, green... All fine.

I've mentioned it before, but yeah, you've gotta stop over-thinking and be more confident about putting something on. Most of what you post is very safe, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'll 100% guarantee no one is looking at you on the sidewalk and thinking, "Wow, did he get dressed in the dark?"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Brown shoes/belt with the wedding outfit; more specifically, a lighter caramel brown versus a darker chocolate shade.

The tees and shorts are perfectly fine together. I mean, the shorts are light enough that you can literally wear any colors with them. Same for shoes: those grey Sperrys in the back? Fine. White kicks like you were looking at a few days back? Even better. Brown, black, orange, blue, red, green... All fine.

I've mentioned it before, but yeah, you've gotta stop over-thinking and be more confident about putting something on. Most of what you post is very safe, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'll 100% guarantee no one is looking at you on the sidewalk and thinking, "Wow, did he get dressed in the dark?"

Thanks! Yeah the picture doesn't show the shorts or shirt color at all. Shorts are a very light blue, not off white like they look. Shirts are both blue too. So the shorts are a bit outside the box, some sky blue shorts. :p

My shoes come in tomorrow so we'll see how they look. If they don't work I'll go with either the tie or the slip on Sperrys.

bob page

Yep. There's pretty much no reason to get socks anywhere but Uniqlo. They're like 4 pairs for $10 for great quality and plenty of designs.

Happy socks. Uniqlo.

Blue is fine.

Happy Socks seems a bit too out there for me... plus I don't like how the brand their name into each pair. Uniqlo is a bit more safe but they are cheap so might look into those. Thanks for that.

Bought another Mussimo Dutti bracelet. Was happy with the last one and I think they look pretty decent especially for summer.

1660055700_2_1_6.jpg

Picked up a new belt too. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

1035053710_2_1_6.jpg

LOCK

Guys I spent about 700 dollars on clothes today....for no real reason other than to shop...

:(

Tried on Trukfit shorts, kinda nice, really surprised lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Socks seems a bit too out there for me... plus I don't like how the brand their name into each pair. Uniqlo is a bit more safe but they are cheap so might look into those. Thanks for that.

Bought another Mussimo Dutti bracelet. Was happy with the last one and I think they look pretty decent especially for summer.

1660055700_2_1_6.jpg

That looks EXACTLY like the kind of bracelet I have been hunting for. Thanks! I will probably swing by Massimo Dutti tomorrow to see what they have.

Guys I spent about 700 dollars on clothes today....for no real reason other than to shop...

:(

Same, I spent ~$700 today. I spent about an hour in Uniqlo trying on all their stuff only to realize that the only things they make that don't completely suck are their T-shirts, so I bought 4. Then I walked into Zara and found the most amazing and well-fitting vest ever. After looking around a bit more I came across an amazing blazer and yellow button-up shirt, so I bought them. I've always said Zara has some of the classiest off-the-rack stuff you can buy, and I was proven right today once again.

Alucrid

Banned
That looks EXACTLY like the kind of bracelet I have been hunting for. Thanks! I will probably swing by Massimo Dutti tomorrow to see what they have.

Same, I spent ~$700 today. I spent about an hour in Uniqlo trying on all their stuff only to realize that the only things they make that don't completely suck are their T-shirts, so I bought 4. Then I walked into Zara and found the most amazing and well-fitting vest ever. After looking around a bit more I came across an amazing blazer and yellow button-up shirt, so I bought them. I've always said Zara has some of the classiest off-the-rack stuff you can buy, and I was proven right today once again.

this uniqlo suit looks pretty bad

Anyone ever bought anything from 20jeans.com? I am not sure of the quality but 20 bucks sounds like a bargain.
No idea, but try a standard blue pair (probably their best fabric since there is so much of it on the market). The cuts look fine, which is all that matters at that price. If it sucks, you're out shipping.

Alucrid

Banned
Have you tried putting on Uniqlo suits/shirts? They fit like shit and their materials suck.

Sure.

I own a few. Tasmian wool trousers are pretty great for the price they're at. Just need a taper to 7.5 and you're good to go. Slim fit OCBDs are good as well. For the $50 and $30 (irrc) price tags they're fine as they are. T000 jeans are fantastic too. Dry packaged shirts are pretty shitty though. I'll echo what someone said about the premium shirts they have, they're good. About the fit, I dunno, maybe you're shaped weirdly.

heads up; ebates is offering 14% cash back at a nordstrom, karmaloop (good place to buy naked & famous), and a couple other manshion type stores. Pretty good deal, beats the 3-6% I usually get.

My Naked and Famous shirt came in. It's certainly a great pattern, but the material feels a little rough, like burlap.

Oh, and for this shirt... #teamuntucked

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think those pants would look better if they weren't part of a suit. Those kinds of pants are pretty fashionable these days and can look good as they have both a casual (showing the ankle) and formal (the material and cut) air about them. Putting them as part of a suit makes them look goofy.

Can anyone speak to the quality of Frank & Oak? I've been close to buying some of their items but I hesitate and all the S and Ms are quickly gone.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I try to avoid buying clothes online, since you can't really tell how a certain item will fit/drape until you try it on. The only things I buy online are shoes since it's pretty easy to figure out shoe sizes.

I try to avoid buying clothes online, since you can't really tell how a certain item will fit/drape until you try it on. The only things I buy online are shoes since it's pretty easy to figure out shoe sizes.

Well I was going to get a blazer which I'll likely have to get tailored anyways. I'm just curious on whether it will last longer than a season.

Buying shoes online has been the biggest hit or miss for me. I know I'm a New Balance 11.5, but because of the difference in lasts, toe box shapes and materials, I have to be careful with all other brands. For example, a 11.5D Allen Edmonds Neumok is my most comfortable shoe, but my 11.5D Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue is a half size too big.

I had to break my rule and get my unbranded denim hemmed cuz it's just insane how long they make those things. I can't imagine being a short guy with those things on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom