• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got my Clark's in. Thoughts? I think I like them, but I need to get used to them. I think they're better than the Sperry's.

6F218974-8A2D-403B-AE48-BE2C2FB0B8ED.JPG

Oh, look, picture time. I think I've finally figured out how to take good mirror selfies. It's officially summer in L.A.

8740118396_09ea9fe12e_b.jpg

And the sunglasses I wore it with.

8740118596_c665e46e14_b.jpg

Shirt- Naked and Famous

Jeans- Edwin ED 88 (fucking love these, gonna wear every day until my SLP ones come in)

Shoes- Opening Ceremony.

And a bonus shot of the haircut I got thanks to wonderful GAF advice! It's not the greatest picture, but you get the idea.

#teamuntucked (for now)

So I take that as a no? Think the Sperry's would be better?

I just can't win with shoes. Need to go back to Nikes.

They're okay, but I think the Sperrys suit you better - also the bonus being that you like them more it seems.

And for the Nikes, the grey gatos (I think?) looked good too tbh, especially with your outfit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They're okay, but I think the Sperrys suit you better - also the bonus being that you like them more it seems.

And for the Nikes, the grey gatos (I think?) looked good too tbh, especially with your outfit.

Ah those were Reeboks.

The Sperry's I need to decide between are the classic or the slip on. May just wear shorts and hit the shoe store this weekend to make the final call.

As posted before, these:

or these:

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
That polka shirt is amazing. Do they have retail stores or do they only sell stuff online?

For deodorant I use Old Spice, it's pretty good. I've also used Dove in the past but I like the smell
f
of Old Spice more.

It's deodorant, as long as it prevents me from smelling bad I don't care where it comes from. No one is going to peer under my shirt to see what brand of deodorant I'm wearing.
this is beta fashion thinking. all of the labels associated with your body need to be of equal position (price, cache, etc) on the market. brand synergy > *

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
• That basketball(?) player's suit is rad, but it needs to be on someone much younger and with a far more narrow frame.
• I use Tom's of Maine girl antiperspirant. Has aluminum but doesn't stain my shirts. Go figure.
• I want to be Illithid Dude. :(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, so I still kind of like those Clark's I bought and posted above, but I agree they look a bit off with shorts.

Think maybe they'd go with jeans or chinos? Maybe I could keep them and use them for work/cooler days when I wear jeans.

Hmm, so I still kind of like those Clark's I bought and posted above, but I agree they look a bit off with shorts.

Think maybe they'd go with jeans or chinos? Maybe I could keep them and use them for work/cooler days when I wear jeans.

I'd just get the Sperrys and be done with it. The Clarks look a little awkward.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got an idea what shirt Kobe is wearing?

Yeah they'd probably go better with chinos/jeans. The way the top is shaped makes them a little awkward with shorts.

Kenka

I don't know if mentioend in this thread earlier (which is quite huge) but I think Tyrolian/Bavarian clothing styles can't be featured enough on GAF. They are awesome:

trachtenhemd-666002.jpg

6062417.jpg

Trachtenhemd_Copper_schwarz_v1_894.jpg

Kenka

More miss than hit then. Sorry. I have quite a few friends who wear them as a symbol status, those cloths are expensive.
Girls on the other hand look (in my humble opinion) really good:

Trachten_Midi_Dirndl_Serena.jpg

451_3.jpg

dirndl_pink_heart_dsc_1287_1.jpg

Fritz

Ah those were Reeboks.

The Sperry's I need to decide between are the classic or the slip on. May just wear shorts and hit the shoe store this weekend to make the final call.

As posted before, these:

or these:

Just my 2 cents, but I think people should stay clear from gimmicky shoes (as in ornamental seams, fabric arrangements etc.) and stick to classic styles. Only exception are trainers obviously.

So two!

And Kenka, what you posted is "Landhausmode" and is the tackiest shit ever. "Trachten" are great though.

Kenka

And Kenka, what you posted is "Landhausmode" and is the tackiest shit ever. "Trachten" are great though.
I think a lot in fashion has to do with your attitude when you wear clothes, the context and the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. From my experience, these clothes are a symbol of power, and are favoured by hard working people who like to experience a "return to roots". The Bavaria/Switzerland/Tyrol is so cosmopolite now due to hiring foreigners to maintain the economy that sometimes, men like to take a sip at the fountain of tradition. That's the context to me, and it adds to the sexiness of the outfit.

But I understand it can appear tacky elsewhere. I just happen to really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom