• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

I just spent an hour at JC Penney trying every brand and style of shorts they had. All of them were dreadful fit. Flat front just exposed my package and many were cameltoe problematic.

Walked away with one pair of navy blue 'classic' style. I'd like a pair with a bold color or something aside from the usual blue/navy or tan/beige.

0X7je64.gif

beautiful.

I picked up a pair of Naked & Famous jeans on sale at Gilt, and I want to get them hemmed because they're a few inches too long. What's the difference between just getting them hemmed somewhere and getting them chain stitched? Will they look the same? Is it a matter of durability?

Alucrid

Banned
no difference really. people just get it chainstitched if they want to keep it 'authentic.' some people claim that it helps roping and what not, but it's not really true.

I just spent an hour at JC Penney trying every brand and style of shorts they had. All of them were dreadful fit. Flat front just exposed my package and many were cameltoe problematic.

Walked away with one pair of navy blue 'classic' style. I'd like a pair with a bold color or something aside from the usual blue/navy or tan/beige.

I am not a fan of JC Penney myself. I am thinking of taking a pair of my Union Line Carpenter jeans and having them hemmed into a pair of shorts. I'd probably go with an inseam of 16-18".

I have a party for someone I don't know tomorrow night but I still have to go.

I found an old dark brown dress shirt with black stripes that I never wore, cause when I bought it, it didn't fit, but now I've lost weight and it fits so I wanna wear that. I also bought new jeans yesterday. What colour tie would go with a dark brown dress shirt? I don't have a beige colour tie, well I did get a new one, but it's beige/light blue plaid. Would that work?

I should probably take photos.

I ask cause at the moment I don't have a proper suit. But I still have to dress up. Somewhat.

I have a party for someone I don't know tomorrow night but I still have to go.

I found an old dark brown dress shirt with black stripes that I never wore, cause when I bought it, it didn't fit, but now I've lost weight and it fits so I wanna wear that. I also bought new jeans yesterday. What colour tie would go with a dark brown dress shirt? I don't have a beige colour tie, well I did get a new one, but it's beige/light blue plaid. Would that work?

I should probably take photos.

I ask cause at the moment I don't have a proper suit. But I still have to dress up. Somewhat.

yeah, pics would help.

but i'm not a fan of jeans + shirt + tie on its own. do you have a nice cardigan or v-neck sweater you can wear over the shirt and tie? also, what color are your jeans? this look probably wouldn't work if they are a really light/faded wash.

I picked up a pair of Naked & Famous jeans on sale at Gilt, and I want to get them hemmed because they're a few inches too long. What's the difference between just getting them hemmed somewhere and getting them chain stitched? Will they look the same? Is it a matter of durability?
chainstitching is only really worth it if you are going full repro-style, which n&f are definitely not.

neither is more durable/better than the other.

yeah, pics would help.

but i'm not a fan of jeans + shirt + tie on its own. do you have a nice cardigan or v-neck sweater you can wear over the shirt and tie? also, what color are your jeans? this look probably wouldn't work if they are a really light/faded wash.

Unfortunately no cardigan or v-neck. I'd wear it one if I owned one. I have a black jacket that I was just gonna throw on (Old Navy field jacket I got last year). Dark brown Clarks shoes. Brown belt.

If I get off work early enough, I'd like to go to The Bay and buy a new shirt or something. Off-white chambray, something with texture. But I might not get off early enough, so we'll see how it goes.

My slutty tees arrived. Quite startling when you first put one on. Will take some getting used to.

Oh god, I have the sluttiest t-shirt. It has a huge scoop neck, and is just translucent enough that you can see the outlines of my nipples. It's great.

Anyways, just bought a orange/brownish Balenciaga wool/cashmere/silk blend v-neck sweater. Autumn will be here closer then you think!

So here's the shirt and jeans I've got. Here are the ties I was thinking about. I'm partial to the first and fourth combinations. First tie is a bit thin and flimsy... apparently it's linen, but I'm not sure. The fifth is a navy silk knit, second is cotton, third is wool.

I'll be wearing these shoes... I need to clean them and polish them though. Also will wear a brown belt and maybe a tie bar.

Here's the jacket:

The flash washed it out, but it's pretty dark. I need to throw it in the wash.

I have no cardigans, v-necks, or blazers and all my suits are way too loose and baggy and now to wear. I could wear a suit jacket separately, but... ehhhhhh.

What tie should I choose? Also, is this okay?

Anybody got good shorts recommendations? Looking for a pair that's black. I don't want them to be chino shorts. Definitely looking for a more casual look. I guess maybe street ninja without the crazy price tag. Thanks

I like calvin klein shorts; simple cut, sometimes with slightly interesting fabric etc. They don't usually have a 'chino' look, but are more slick if that makes sense. I have a pair of black seersucker shorts that are pretty cool, for shorts.

do you have a better shirt? brown is kinda yuk and tacky imo. but if that's all you got i guess lose the tie?

yeah, ditch tie if you're wearing that jacket/shirt.

I can drop the shirt. I currently have... a white shirt, a white shirt with black pinstripes, a light grey shirt, a dark grey chambray shirt, and a dark grey shirt.

I like wearing ties, so I'd like to wear a tie.

Edit: I can drop by the mall tomorrow and pick up a different shirt if it's within a reasonable price... any suggestions? I'd want a blazer, but those are a lot pricier and I'd wanna get one tailored.

kaskade

White pants are great. First time I wore them out some girl (who seemed to be with her boyfriend) commented on them. Just sucks because you have to be careful because they will show dirt much easier.

kaskade

I figure I'll ask here for a friend. He lifts (like bodybuilding) and had some big ol thighs. What are some good stylish jeans for him. I was trying to think of some but I'm usually in the slim fit area so I'm at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom