• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So. Lighter than expected, but they fit and look nice.

0FB6440C-C50D-4A65-B165-07986BD2B837.JPG

xun: if anything, something lighter shoe-wise would be cool, like brandy/whiskey.
I did a little Google research and it turns out that it seems to vary be region and country on whether undershirts are appropriate. I guess I wrongfully assumed that guys always wear undershirts under dress shirts to absorb body funk and to undermine the nipple factor. The more you know.
hah well my response was kinda dicky (didn't mean it to be so). It might be a necessity in the east due to humidity (just guessing, no idea), but I've never really gained anything from it over here on the w(b)est coast. I have nothing against them, though.

MegalonJJ

Banned
That's true heh.

I'm not sure there is much of a social "acceptability" with velvet. Well, at least not here in London. I've only ever received compliments (especially from women), and some guys say stuff like, "I should invest in a velvet blazer, shit looks awesome".

I think it's more to do with how you dress it with the rest of your clothes (and obviously if you feel comfortable wearing it).

Of course it's easy to end up looking like a fool, but keep it simple and it's not a problem.

Oh I don't think it's necessarily socially unacceptable (well in a city environment, I'd be given side eyes here heh), I was just saying that a dark plaid velvet blazer isn't going to catch any attention/heat that a regular ol velvet blazer wouldn't.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Oh I don't think it's necessarily socially unacceptable (well in a city environment, I'd be given side eyes here heh), I was just saying that a dark plaid velvet blazer isn't going to catch any attention/heat that a regular ol velvet blazer wouldn't.

I agree with you. Once, a homeless chap at 5am gave me the evils, the only guy who disliked the velvet. My previous post was aimed at Style Fox :)

Zekes!

Close to ordering a pair of mocassin's, just waiting to hear back on some measurements. A little nervous they're not going to fit and it's a final sale...

dubc35

What are some places to get relaxed fit pants? I have big thighs and none of the normal fit, which are now basically slim, fit me well so I'm looking for relaxed fit. I work for an engineering/manufacturing company so I don't want full on dress pants, something more casual/chino type.

All I really know is mall type places. Gap stuff falls apart pretty quickly in my experience. Banana Rep (obviously part of Gap) only has one style of relaxed pant. I'm not looking for saggy, doesn't fit relaxed; just something that fits me well, looks good, and will last for a while. Thoughts on places to look? I'd prefer a store so I can try them on but I guess will buy online if necessary.

LtOrange

Wow this thread has given me inspiration to clean out my closet and get new clothes....I have no idea where to start!

Could you guys recommend me a good brand for collared shirts I can wear to work. My work is really casual so I can wear short/long sleeve. Looking to pick up about 7 new shirts so price is definetly an issue. Really appreciate it if you guys could send me in the right direction because I am completely lost!

Wow this thread has given me inspiration to clean out my closet and get new clothes....I have no idea where to start!

Could you guys recommend me a good brand for collared shirts I can wear to work. My work is really casual so I can wear short/long sleeve. Looking to pick up about 7 new shirts so price is definetly an issue. Really appreciate it if you guys could send me in the right direction because I am completely lost!
Be less worried about the brand and more worried about the fit. That's the most important thing. Determine your size and find a number of different shirts at your local department store of choice and try them all on until you figure out which one fits you best. The fit is going to determine how well you look more so than any other aspect of your outfit.

I remember Bob Page vouching for the JCP Stafford line in this thread awhile back, although that may have changed. That's about as affordable as you can get and from what he posted, they looked pretty solid. Outside of that, DKNY is pretty solid/affordable, however their shirts tend to be a little on the short end, so depending on your build they may often come untucked.

Regardless, glad you got inspired to get some new clothes! You'll definitely thank yourself for doing so.

Boken

Banned
Gonna buy gaf hated item, skinny white jeans

Be less worried about the brand and more worried about the fit. That's the most important thing. Determine your size and find a number of different shirts at your local department store of choice and try them all on until you figure out which one fits you best. The fit is going to determine how well you look more so than any other aspect of your outfit.

I remember Bob Page vouching for the JCP Stafford line in this thread awhile back, although that may have changed. That's about as affordable as you can get and from what he posted, they looked pretty solid. Outside of that, DKNY is pretty solid/affordable, however their shirts tend to be a little on the short end, so depending on your build they may often come untucked.

Regardless, glad you got inspired to get some new clothes! You'll definitely thank yourself for doing so.

That leather jacket you're wearing in the hair thread
what is it.

I need to pick up a new pair of sneakers for Summer.

Can anyone suggest anything reasonable I.E. under $100.

Ideally looking for something white/beige/cream.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
Are there any good sites that ship to Canada that carry a wide selection of clothing in medium-tall size? Large shirts are always too billowy and wide, and medium are too short. My small town doesn't seem to carry much clothing at all in medium-tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom