• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all, I've been doing some copywriting for a selvedge denim Kickstarter: $95 jeans, and every order comes with three pairs to try on at home (the extra two can be sent back free of charge). He's already raised a fuckton of money, so I figure y'all might be interested. Let me know if you have any questions.

He's at 68k, currently, well beyond his stretch goals:

http://rpmwe.st/Z0c8l7

f86f1febe5d340d6714e826cfa1d6be7_large.jpg

Some of my friends started work on Wallstreet fresh out of college and said people there wouldn't wear any tie that wasn't "Burberry level or higher". If you couldn't tell the brand, it wasn't cool either.

Deeku

Geez...tell me their secrets (or PM me if it's too off-topic).
no secrets really, just get good grades and network. though in america firms apparently hire from certain schools or whatever so i guess you need to consider that too.

also those people (a minority that tend to be alpha male traders, thankfully) are the worst, shows money can't buy taste!

Lunchbox

Banned
no secrets really, just get good grades and network. though in america firms apparently hire from certain schools or whatever so i guess you need to consider that too.

also those people (a minority that tend to be alpha male traders, thankfully) are the worst, shows money can't buy taste!
our own professor was like its not what you know, but who you know that matters. no shame in admitting, there are far more talented people than me without a job who deserve it more than me and can do my job better. I got mine through my schools internship program where firm reps come to recruit.

join a frat, make bros, wear sperrys

Zekes!

None of you guys have tried the Naked & Famous Super Skinny guy have you? I wanted to try a pair of the Left Hand Twill but I wanted to find out more about the fit. Weird Guys seem to be not working for me much anymore, and I like the Skinny Guy, but wish it had a narrower leg opening (which is apparently what the Super Skinny Guy is).

Zekes!

Weird guy is a more fashionable fit though

I wear a size 28 and I've been finding some Weird Guys to be too big in the waist for me lately, or a little too baggy in the legs in general. I have a pair of Skinny Guys too and I really like them which is why I want to try the Super Skinny

Boken

Banned
I wear a size 28 and I've been finding some Weird Guys to be too big in the waist for me lately, or a little too baggy in the legs in general. I have a pair of Skinny Guys too and I really like them which is why I want to try the Super Skinny

whoops
im a size 28 too, and apparently my N&F jeans are skinny guy also! I thought they were weird guys because they fit between a straight leg and a slim fit on me

I imagine the super skinny to fit like regular skinnies for us duders

Looks like the thread has moved to the Community sub-forum. Time to subscribe.

Any of you have issues with denim dye transferring onto white shoes (rough suede)? How do I clean that?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Geez...tell me their secrets (or PM me if it's too off-topic).

I joined an NYC investment bank straight out of college too. It's pretty straightforward - get really good grades, hit up every single recruitment event, and hobnob with everyone in the hopes of making a good impression. It doesn't hurt to know people who work at the banks to push an interview your way. I'm not saying it's easy mind you, but the steps are pretty straightforward.

And yeah bankers can get pretty picky about clothing. I have a female friend who also used to do banking and she said the male bankers were a lot more bitchy about what others wore than the female bankers lol.

Hey y'all, I've been doing some copywriting for a selvedge denim Kickstarter: $95 jeans, and every order comes with three pairs to try on at home (the extra two can be sent back free of charge). He's already raised a fuckton of money, so I figure y'all might be interested. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://rpmwe.st/Z0c8l7

Any reasons why someone would get this over Unbranded jeans? Unbrandeds are cheaper also

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I've been in SoCal for two days and am already wearing a button up and chinos, rocking Sperry's and drinking Heineken at a boat club for my cousin's wedding reception. What just happened?

Zekes!

Aight, I think I'm gonna bite on the N&F Super Skinny Guys Left Hand Twill next week. Will let you guys know how that goes. Seeing as they're just Skinny Guys with a narrower leg opening, I'm looking forward to them.

Aight, I think I'm gonna bite on the N&F Super Skinny Guys Left Hand Twill next week. Will let you guys know how that goes. Seeing as they're just Skinny Guys with a narrower leg opening, I'm looking forward to them.

Really curious what the super skinnies looks like. Post some pics when you get them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom