• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Team Untucked - casual Friday edition.

B625A726-A4ED-4347-86C0-0D8E80737DC4.JPG

Also, those Sperry's I got were fantastic in Cali. Broken in now and ready to go. Worked great at the wedding with my below outfit (Express extra slim shirt and Photographer Pants):

Lunchbox

Banned
tag heuer

should i get the leather in brown to match my eyes or black to match my jet hair bros. my sperrys are also brown, so leaning brown

Zekes!

Posted this in the jeans thread, but it seems as if there's not a lot activity in that thread anymore.

Anyhow, I'm trying to start dressing better and just picked up my first pair of raw denim, the Nudies Slim Jim. I'm a little heavy set (working on that) and normally wear size 36 but sized down to size 34 for the Nudies. My problem is, they are extremely tight. It is even tight in the thighs and it feels like they are coming off my ass. I know that they are supposed to stretch a little but am worried that they are going to still be too tight. Should I stick with these or size up to a 36?

If it's uncomfortably tight I'd recommend going back and at least trying a 36. They should stretch out, though. When you wash them (if you do) they'll shrink back down, though they'll end up stretching back out again.

Try sitting down, moving around the house and lounging in them for a bit and see how they feel.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So I met Macklemore this afternoon and can confirm that he would fit in with stylegaf: floral print shirt, skinny chinos, red suede oxfords.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I was over at the school for a friend's pastry presentation and Mack was there for his brother, who's finishing up the culinary program.

Mr. F

Banned
Probably a dumb question considering how broad it is, but the range of opinions could be interesting; Does anyone have recommendations on 'bare essentials' on which to build a wardrobe?

Kind of in an awkward transition cleaning out old stuff in favour of new (lost some weight in the last year) and sort of want to start over from scratch but not sure where to start. My budget is a bit on the modest side, but interested in any suggestions all the same.

Probably a dumb question considering how broad it is, but the range of opinions could be interesting; Does anyone have recommendations on 'bare essentials' on which to build a wardrobe?

Kind of in an awkward transition cleaning out old stuff in favour of new (lost some weight in the last year) and sort of want to start over from scratch but not sure where to start. My budget is a bit on the modest side, but interested in any suggestions all the same.
Broad question, sure, but there are definitely pieces I'd argue as essentials to any wardrobe, primarily due to their versatility.

Among those are some brown shoes. These can be oxfords, derbys, even desert boots if your wardrobe is particularly more casual. If you wear (or are planning to wear) suits frequently, your first purchase should either be charcoal grey or navy. Those two colors go with literally almost anything and can work in a multitude of situations. Beyond that, I'd recommend a solid collection of oxford (dress) shirts. If you aren't sure where to start here, go with white and light blue for your first two purchases. Get yourself a good pair of jeans and call it a day. If you need a tie, get a skinny light grey wool tie. It'll work with all of your shirts.

Hope that helps!

giga

Quantify modest.

Keldor

If it's uncomfortably tight I'd recommend going back and at least trying a 36. They should stretch out, though. When you wash them (if you do) they'll shrink back down, though they'll end up stretching back out again.

Try sitting down, moving around the house and lounging in them for a bit and see how they feel.
I went back and tried on a size 36 Slim Jim and it was a little loose. I guess I needed something in between a 34 and 36. I ended up exchanging the Nudies for some APC New Standards which I'm really happy with. Thanks for the help.

skynidas

Banned
Guys, now that the summer is coming a lot of people have sweaty armpits, I just don't pay too much attention to it but sometimes when I wear t shirts of certain color it can be very noticeable, so do you guys care about this? Do you do anything to prevent it?

Alucrid

Banned
well you could wear anti-antiperspirant but i dislike the effects of aluminum salt

i guess the other thing would be to wear colors that show it less or try a fabric like linen which is lighter, soaks up more and dissipates it faster

are you wearing a tank/white beater? another layered shirt could help as well.

Just bought a Saint Laurent jean jacket and t shirt. Probably the most overpriced jean jacket in the world, but I liked the cut, so watcha gonna do?

edit: the white high's still exist? or are you hoping?

Yeah. I was trying on sizes in the store yesterday.

lol it's ok, a lot of people pretend it's still YSL anyway :p

A lot of people pretend it's Dior Homme as well.

Also, the Paris Fashion Week schedule came out. Curios to see what Saint Laurent does, since I seem to be on a Saint Laurent bent right now. Obviously, I really like what Heidi is doing, but I still think he was much more creative during is DH days. Hopefully we see some of that in the S/S collection.

Lamel

Banned
Just bought a couple Uniqlo Dry Pique Polo shirts, and the fit is AWESOME. Usually polos are loose on me (I'm 5'10", 150 lbs with a lean muscular build), but these fit JUST right. Also are super comfortable. Wrap the arm well, but aren't suffocating.

16_075417.jpg

kaskade

I can't really decide what summer shoe I want. Something that goes nice with shorts. I have the classic brown boat shoes already but I want something to break it up. I was thinking either some sneakers or suede oxfords or something. I just don't want to spend a lot of money.

I tried wearing oxfords with shorts and I felt like a dork. ymmv. I got common projects rec sneakers and they hit the sweet spot much better. vans ludlow are basically the same (well, the original, really) and should work:

Vans-OTW-Ludlow-Decon-Spring-2012-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom