• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

I can't really decide what summer shoe I want. Something that goes nice with shorts. I have the classic brown boat shoes already but I want something to break it up. I was thinking either some sneakers or suede oxfords or something. I just don't want to spend a lot of money.
I wear suede oxfords. Works well. Look at the Bass suede bucks. They're usually $50 or under when on sale.

Edit: Bass Brockton in Taupe is what I have. The white is also nice.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Why all the hate on polos? Polos are great as an in-between casual/classy top. My favorite polos are from Polo Ralph Lauren, they just fit so damn well and their materials are top notch. I have a few good J Crew polos but I don't love them.

Uniqlo

That's the short sleeve linen ones
I might try one of those as well.

Why all the hate on polos? Polos are great as an in-between casual/classy top. My favorite polos are from Polo Ralph Lauren, they just fit so damn well and their materials are top notch. I have a few good J Crew polos but I don't love them.
Just not my style. I'd rather wear a button-up any day of the week. I can understand their functionality I just hate the look generally.

Lunchbox

Banned

most people here buy their stuff from trashy places like uniqlo so they dont get a good fitting polo

Express, ralphs and tommy bahama have awesome fits

giga

If it's fitted and you want something more than a tee in the summer, rock that shit.

Jxuw+

Alucrid

Banned
most people here buy their stuff from trashy places like uniqlo so they dont get a good fitting polo

Express, ralphs and tommy bahama have awesome fits

unfortunately the elite seamen of new england have kept ivy league dress from spreading southwards. its not my fault i shop at uniqlo, its yours

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So here's the blue pants I noted I bought a few weeks back. I went with he grey shirts like suggested. Look ok? As mentioned I'm not used to wearing blue pants so am not sure what to throw with it. Also they are a bit more slim fitted than my other pants, so my regular slim fit Express shirts (like this one) seem a bit bigger. I grabbed two extra slim fit shirts and they work great with the pants, I just don't have the cash right now to buy like 5 more. :p

So here's the blue pants I noted I bought a few weeks back. I went with he grey shirts like suggested. Look ok? As mentioned I'm not used to wearing blue pants so am not sure what to throw with it. Also they are a bit more slim fitted than my other pants, so my regular slim fit Express shirts (like this one) seem a bit bigger. I grabbed two extra slim fit shirts and they work great with the pants, I just don't have the cash right now to buy like 5 more. :p
Would look better with white.

h3ro

Yeah, probably. I just don't have the cash to grab a $60 button up right now. What other colors?

Can't go wrong with the basic crisp white, maybe a light pink and blue to mix it up once in a while. I added some gingham print shirts in a while ago and like switching to those as well.

One thing I'd add is that I'd try going with another shirt instead of the Express 1MX or whatever they call their slim fit stretch shirts. Those things aren't built to last at all.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I have a pink oxford, a red gingham, and a blue gingham shirt that see pretty heavy rotation. Those three shirts fit in a surprising number of outfits.

Yeah, probably. I just don't have the cash to grab a $60 button up right now. What other colors?
Pink, lavender or brown would all look great. A lavender gingham print shirt, as others have said, would look wonderful.

As we've said millions of times however, sometimes you just need to go out and try things yourself. Go grab a bunch of colors and try them on until you find something you like. It's really that easy.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
As we've said millions of times however, sometimes you just need to go out and try things yourself. Go grab a bunch of colors and try them on until you find something you like. It's really that easy.

This is really the only way to learn how to match items by yourself without constantly asking someone else if what you're wearing looks good. Wear those pants when you go shopping and try on a bunch of shirts to see how they look. Only once you develop your own fashion eye will you be able to start making your own fashion decisions; otherwise you're just depending on a bunch of strangers on a gaming forum to make your fashion decisions for you.

So my Saint Laurent denim jacket came in today and, while the color and quality is amazing, it's cropped really short. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think this might be a return...

So my Saint Laurent denim jacket came in today and, while the color and quality is amazing, it's cropped really short. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think this might be a return...
I wanna see it. Hedi usually does denim really well. Some of those old dior homme denim jackets were incredible.

And yeah, I've heard a lot of comments re: the shorter fit of SLP, shirts, jackets, etc. Which is odd, since DH usually ran a bit long-ish.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Pink, lavender or brown would all look great. A lavender gingham print shirt, as others have said, would look wonderful.

Yeah. I just tend to buy one shirt every now and then and slowly build my collection. So a lot of what I have to work with is stuff already in my closet. Thus the grey today.

I found that the Express extra slim shirts fit me perfect and go great with the two pairs of "photographer" pants from there that are more slim fit. Those were both on display in the pic I posted of what I wore to the wedding. I need to get more of both, I only have 2 shirts (black, light blue) and two pants (navy, very light tan) to use right now. They fit so nice I'd like to replace all my other dress pants/shirts, just expennnnnnnsive.

Fritz

Bought these Frank Wrights as kind of an all-purpose shoe. Man, they HURT. The leather is hard as rock. They need some thorough breaking in.

Other than that they are pretty understated and I love it. Thinking about swapping the laces to something in the exact same shade or darker than the leather.

lenovox1

How do you all keep the collar on your dress shirts clean? Especially during this hot sweaty summer?? Hate that dirt streak that slowly builds

Form body oil based stains, I pretreat with hand soap and detergent. If the stuff's good enough to "cut through" the oil on my hands, it's good enough for the oils on my clothes.

giga

Anyone have the Dockers Alpha Khakis? What's the fit comparable to Levi's jeans? Similar to the slim straights or slims? I wear 514 slim straights.

I think we need to stage an indigo-dyed american workwear intervention for you salazar

<3

I'm actually waiting for the day you start jumping into junya watanabe

junya_watanabe_fall_2011_2.jpg

Salazar

I'm looking to jump back into the Northern Hemisphere in the next couple of years. Junya will get some coins from me at that stage.

Rookje

So I ordered some scoop necks from Asos. They're too skinny, fits me in my chest and shoulders fine but my biceps are too big.

Gotta stop lifting.

Desi

slp_skinny9-630x471.jpg

Also the t-shirt I bought. Inadvertently, I've managed to buy every piece of clothing that guy is wearing in that picture. [/IMG]
Actually met that model at last NYC fashion week. O'shea, was talking about when he was doing that shoot Hedi was driving him around LA and rollerskating in the showroom.

I think I would have to be an excellent rollerskater to even consider it. I would be crushed if I were skating around in my $900 skates and $5000 leather pants only to fall and rip something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom