• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, was thinking about some Ray Bans. It says they are "prescription friendly." How does one go about getting prescription lenses in them?

I like these (not sure how they'll look on me though).

RB2140-06.png

So, was thinking about some Ray Bans. It says they are "prescription friendly." How does one go about getting prescription lenses in them?

I like these (not sure how they'll look on me though).

pretty easy. my optometrist did this for me with the exact pair of ray-bans back in 08 (though i got the oversized frames). it's no different from getting rx lenses in any other pair (and by rx, you mean clear ones, right?). i did the same thing again last november with the oversized clubmasters.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
pretty easy. my optometrist did this for me with the exact pair of ray-bans back in 08 (though i got the oversized frames). it's no different from getting rx lenses in any other pair (and by rx, you mean clear ones, right?). i did the same thing again last november with the oversized clubmasters.

Interesting. I want them as prescription sunglasses. So I just order them as-is, then go into my eye doctor and have them order prescription sunglasses lenses that will fit?

EDIT:
Just checked with my Eye doctor and they said $259 to put prescription sunglasses lenses in them. Good god. Warby Parker has similar frames and gives you prescription ones for $150 total. May do that instead.

Antagon

Interesting. I want them as prescription sunglasses. So I just order them as-is, then go into my eye doctor and have them order prescription sunglasses lenses that will fit?

EDIT:
Just checked with my Eye doctor and they said $259 to put prescription sunglasses lenses in them. Good god. Warby Parker has similar frames and gives you prescription ones for $150 total. May do that instead.

Just shop around. Most places here old me I would pay €180 for just the lenses. I ended uo getting wayfarers for €150 total.

Yeah, I'm checking with more places around here but am afraid that they will want me to be a patient of theirs to do it.

dang man, you don't have vsp or other vision insurance to take some price off the frames + lenses? or are you out of your coverage cycle? i think your eye doctor is trying to fleece you.

i paid $80 (including $10 copay) for my clubmasters + clear rx lenses thanks to insurance. the optometrist was able to order wholesale and i was mostly covered for the frames and lenses.

Lol what the hell man, I'm #teamtucked. I know I sounded sarcastic, but I wasn't (not entirely).

Da fuck. You included teamtucked players in there.

dang man, you don't have vsp or other vision insurance to take some price off the frames + lenses? or are you out of your coverage cycle? i think your eye doctor is trying to fleece you.

i paid $80 (including $10 copay) for my clubmasters + clear rx lenses thanks to insurance. the optometrist was able to order wholesale and i was mostly covered for the frames and lenses.
Sorry #tucked bros, I was too consumed with rage to see straight. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I just got contacts updated yesterday, so insurance was all used there. :\

Also fuck VSP for not covering contact fittings. I have insurance and the damn eye doctor visit cost me $160.

I just got contacts updated yesterday, so insurance was all used there. :\

Also fuck VSP for not covering contact fittings. I have insurance and the damn eye doctor visit cost me $160.

:( did you sign up through your work? i know my gf and i have vsp but two entirely different sets of coverage/co-pay/etc.

Lunchbox

Banned
i had to go to one of those dark ass artsy restaurant with this chick, and the fuckers were eating fried tilapia fish. i came from work and was wearing good clothes and she spilled fish sauce on my fucking favorite a&f cashmere sweater. i gaver her my creditcard to handle the bill for her friends and ran to my car in the rain looking for a cvs for a bleach stick......and this cunt texts me and says "sometimes you forget to care about people and feelings, how could you run out on us"

i wanted to type something nasty and break up over the phone but i didnt text back and now shes mad that i didnt call. she ruins my sweater and im in the wrong? she also spilled soda on my seat that sits on top of the sub in my car and after i flipped out she was like its just soda.........just soda on my dealer installed subwoofer

fuck her, gafs girlage simps wouldnt get it. but you guys gotta find me a good revenge strat before i dump her. this is the second shirt she ruined, i got it soaked in the sink right now

Picture time!

Firstly, my much discussed (and now returned) SLP jean jacket, and the eastern corner of my very messy room. It's clean now, though.

So short!

Secondly, a little WAYWT, featuring my brand new Dior Homme suede boots. I think they are from A/W 2008, but the guy who sold them to me said they were Hedi era, so I'm not sure exactly what season they are from. Anyways....

Boots- Dior Homme
Cardigan- Trussardi
Jeans- Edwin (SLP is supposed to arrive any week, though).
Shirt- Splendid Mills

Joe

So I bought this shirt at Express because I loved it at first sight and it was also 40% off. The problem is that I have no idea what color or what kind of pants to wear it with.

I wore it with a pair of dark, dark blue pants and it looked OK....not great but not bad.

Any ideas?

726xf3q.png

Joe

The mannequin they had the shirt on had it paired with a nice pair of solid blue chinos. I actually bought the shirt and pants together but I just couldn't pull off the pants.

The pants were wearing me, I wasn't wearing the pants if that makes sense.

The mannequin they had the shirt on had it paired with a nice pair of solid blue chinos. I actually bought the shirt and pants together but I just couldn't pull off the pants.

The pants were wearing me, I wasn't wearing the pants if that makes sense.

Whenever I wear a top with a lot going on I like to go with a basic color pant like black, grey, etc.

Also, illith dude has the perfect body, that male thigh gap.

Minah

Neo Member
for those into the goofninja aesthetic

Ovate is having a sale tomorrow, 25% off. Use code 25OFF at checkout.

other stuff:

yesterday i bought a pair of april 77s, sized 2 down. here's hoping the first couple of wears don't hurt too much. raw denim is a pain in the ass to deal with.

i also need boots with a small instep, any ideas

Yeah I've been leaning pretty hard towards the first one.
First one is way better. I've come around to liking short sleeve button ups (though I don't own any), but the sleeve length on both of those shirts looks off. Should be a little slimmer and higher up. Maybe you could roll/cuff them a bit? Regardless, pattern on the first shirt is way better.

First one is way better. I've come around to liking short sleeve button ups (though I don't own any), but the sleeve length on both of those shirts looks off. Should be a little slimmer and higher up. Maybe you could roll/cuff them a bit? Regardless, pattern on the first shirt is way better.

Yeah but you're thinking of it on your muscled up low fat body. You gotta think of it on my lack of muscle overweight body.

Yo, what's the consensus on this jacket?

I think it's really beautiful, but I'm not entirely sure how to wear it. If I get it, I might just end up copying the way it's worn in the Ssense editorial.
I think it looks cool. it's a pretty standard baseball jacket so you could probably wear it with just about anything, really. slp jeans and high tops would look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom