• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

My office is business casual and most people wear some sort of blazer. I only own a black one though and I've been looking to expand that part of my wardrobe (especially something that works with khakis).

Uniqlo has a nice stock navy blazer reasonably priced. Muji has a decent as well. Not navy though.

tranciful

KNsbO.jpg

Materials closeup: http://i.imgur.com/G6D4J.jpg

Weather is permitting wearing more than a t-shirt so I'd like to dress sharper on a day to day basis. Would love some feedback -- what I'm doing wrong/right. Found the jacket at a thrift store for $5 - hoping to tailor it into a workable blazer/sportscoat. Is the material/pattern ok to wear without the pants? 5'10 + 120lb = hard to find fitting clothes, but I'm starting to be more selective of what I wear (without spending too much). Going to look at getting the jacket (maybe vest, too) tailored.

Thanks!

Alucrid

Banned
Doesn't look that great with the jeans imo. If you have matching pants I'd probably wear them. Then again, I'm not a fan of pinstripes or blazers/jeans combo myself so it could just be my bias.

KNsbO.jpg

Materials closeup: http://i.imgur.com/G6D4J.jpg

Weather is permitting wearing more than a t-shirt so I'd like to dress sharper on a day to day basis. Would love some feedback -- what I'm doing wrong/right. Found the jacket at a thrift store for $5 - hoping to tailor it into a workable blazer/sportscoat. Is the material/pattern ok to wear without the pants? 5'10 + 120lb = hard to find fitting clothes, but I'm starting to be more selective of what I wear (without spending too much). Going to look at getting the jacket (maybe vest, too) tailored.

Thanks!

That looks like a suit jacket man. Do you have the matching trousers to go with it? Suit jackets are really weird by themselves

Futureman

page 35 I'm reading that H&M jeans fall apart after two washes? LOL what? is that for real? I've never heard of clothes falling apart like that.

They dont fall apart (uk here) but I just find them not very nice, Ive wasted enough money on H/M and Topman Jeans to have learnt to never do it again!
Their trousers arnt too bad though.

tranciful

I'm 5'10 and I measure like 34 at the chest and have a hard time ever running into stuff my size. What are my options for affordable blazers etc?

edit: http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?sgid=701&affid=1130 looking at this -- thoughts? I'm thinking of getting the pants, too -- but could I wear the jacket separate for a more casual look?

Blue seems more common for blazers, but my gut says gray is more versatile. Am I wrong?

IrishNinja

not sure if this is the right thread, but i'm looking to do some traveling/backpacking next year (europe, parts of south america) and ive been recommended hiking boots, but im far more accustomed to sandals and lightweight running shoes. any recommendations?

also: i dig messenger bag (i think satchels falls under this?), but haven't seen one idea for this purpose. id like to travel light and wear something across the shoulder, if anyone's got any suggestions i'm down.

What's your price range?

$15 - $25, I suppose. I haven't seen them any of the stores I visit, but I might not be going to the right ones here.

Are you looking for something like this?
2436.jpg

If so, can't help you with that. If you just want a regular tie made out of wool then try thetiebar. $15 a tie.

Not sure. I saw a few online that were pretty cool, but at like 85 bucks a pop, I can't really justify purchasing it. Just want a couple that look nice honestly. I'll check out the Tie Bar, thanks.

Alucrid

Banned
$15 - $25, I suppose. I haven't seen them any of the stores I visit, but I might not be going to the right ones here.

Not sure. I saw a few online that were pretty cool, but at like 85 bucks a pop, I can't really justify purchasing it. Just want a couple that look nice honestly. I'll check out the Tie Bar, thanks.

Yeah. Wasn't sure if you were after the 'stylized' wool tie or just a tie made out of wool.

entremet

I'm 5'10 and I measure like 34 at the chest and have a hard time ever running into stuff my size. What are my options for affordable blazers etc?

edit: http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?sgid=701&affid=1130 looking at this -- thoughts? I'm thinking of getting the pants, too -- but could I wear the jacket separate for a more casual look?

Blue seems more common for blazers, but my gut says gray is more versatile. Am I wrong?
Navy is classic. Goes with tons of stuff--chinos, jeans, grey wool trousers.

Alucrid

Banned
Hmmm. Have you heard of The Knottery then? They release a limited amount of ties at a certain time. They're very cheap too, usually costing around $25 per tie. At the moment, they don't have any wool in stock, but I think you should join their mailing list if interested.

That's a pretty cool site. I'd definitely grab some but I hope to not have to wear a tie except on formal events..

I'm looking for boxer shorts with a small in seem. Like, a shorter, almost brief-length boxer short.

Not boxer briefs because they traditionally have an elastic band around the legs, but just... "short" boxers.

Anyone have any idea? I got a pair in a Japanese supermarket while in a pinch, but living in the US it's infeasible to get more.

Also in lieu of a recommendation, I'm open to someone telling me that it probably looks awful and I should abandon the search.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm looking for boxer shorts with a small in seem. Like, a shorter, almost brief-length boxer short.

Not boxer briefs because they traditionally have an elastic band around the legs, but just... "short" boxers.

Anyone have any idea? I got a pair in a Japanese supermarket while in a pinch, but living in the US it's infeasible to get more.

Also in lieu of a recommendation, I'm open to someone telling me that it probably looks awful and I should abandon the search.

Import?

Hmmm. Have you heard of The Knottery then? They release a limited amount of ties at a certain time. They're very cheap too, usually costing around $25 per tie. At the moment, they don't have any wool in stock, but I think you should join their mailing list if interested.

That is a pretty cool site. There's a really neat tie there that I like, but it's sold out. I'll keep an eye out on this site, thanks.

While I was procrastinating yesterday to avoid work on my paper, I came across this tie:

kobe-bryant-02.jpg

It's like... a Tommy Hilfiger tie or something. I like it. But the GQ site says it's like 50 bucks and it's from two years ago. I wonder if they still offer it. Their website has a couple of neat ones that are similar but not the same for 35 bucks.

You know what else blew my mind? They make ties out of cotton. I was surprised that wool ties were a real thing, I always assumed they were made out of silk or polyester or something.

bob page

That is a pretty cool site. There's a really neat tie there that I like, but it's sold out. I'll keep an eye out on this site, thanks.

While I was procrastinating yesterday to avoid work on my paper, I came across this tie:

kobe-bryant-02.jpg

It's like... a Tommy Hilfiger tie or something. I like it. But the GQ site says it's like 50 bucks and it's from two years ago. I wonder if they still offer it. Their website has a couple of neat ones that are similar but not the same for 35 bucks.

You know what else blew my mind? They make ties out of cotton. I was surprised that wool ties were a real thing, I always assumed they were made out of silk or polyester or something.
Love that tie. I have a similar wool one but it's light red & gray.

Rookje

Hey guys, I'm looking for an affordable reddish color (Bordeaux) velvet blazer for an xmas party.

Something like this:

FLgAB.png

My budget is max around $300. Any ideas?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Maybe it's different for people with longer arms, but there's nothing that can make me hate a jacket or coat faster than those elastic cuffs.

Alucrid

Banned
Maybe it's different for people with longer arms, but there's nothing that can make me hate a jacket or coat faster than those elastic cuffs.

I don't really think it's the size of your arms but the size of the jacket. It's all about getting the right sleeve length. Then again, ribbed cuffs are quintessential to bomber jackets.

Quick

Banned
I'm looking for a nice pair of boots for the winter. I'd probably mostly wear it with casual clothes, if that helps. My budget's probably around $150-200. Preferably cheaper, of course.

entremet

Speaking of Navy blazers, picked up one from Uniqlo on sale. 99 bucks. Half off today. Can't have enough blazers/sportcoats.

Desi

I think Sander was more interested in getting out and designing again. Starting a new High Street line is better than starting a High Fashion one since she can not use her name. Also it gave her the ability to play with materials that she wouldn't otherwise have (price is the stars) to regarding her own line.

I'm looking for a nice pair of boots for the winter. I'd probably mostly wear it with casual clothes, if that helps. My budget's probably around $150-200. Preferably cheaper, of course.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...ch=true&isProduct=true&parentid=M_SHOES_BOOTS
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...ch=true&isProduct=true&parentid=M_SHOES_BOOTS

Doytch

Anyone know a jacket comparable to this but not £215 as that is alittle high for my price range but godamn do I like it.
http://image1.superdry.com/static/images/products/upload3528072349536856337.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You want a cheap leather jacket? Start frequenting thrift stores unless you want some fugly pleather thing. Leather is expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom