• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want a cheap leather jacket? Start frequenting thrift stores unless you want some fugly pleather thing. Leather is expensive...

Fair point. I forget about thrift stores and such.
Well £150+ to drop on a jacket is alot in my mind so thats probably why it puts me off.. Ive found a few ok ones in TK maxx for £100, damn shame they were L rather than M though.

picked up some earthkeepers moc toe boots in grey.
_6450200.jpg

man, i just might buy a few more pairs of these in different colors. very comfy, and i feel they can go with almost every non-dressy outfit.

are moc toe boots considered all-season? or should i keep em in the closet during the spring/summer?

hiryu

I went to an H&M store for the first time this weekend. No wonder their clothes are so cheap. They are shit. Easily, the worst fitting clothes I've ever tried on. Do yourselves a favor and pay a little more for quality that will last and fits properly.

equap

Banned
i'm gonna go to NYC in early December and I don't really have any winter/cold clothing. I'm looking for a jacket but don't really know where to start...

i like the look of this BR jacket but it's too expensive:
br875037-00vliv01.jpg

i'm a skinny dood. i wear my shirt size small.

Quick

Banned
I think Sander was more interested in getting out and designing again. Starting a new High Street line is better than starting a High Fashion one since she can not use her name. Also it gave her the ability to play with materials that she wouldn't otherwise have (price is the stars) to regarding her own line.

Thank you!

Loving the Ben Sherman Arista Brogue Boot and the Timberland Abington 5" Hiker Boot.

I'll probably start shopping next week for a pair. Those two are the styles I'm looking at.

entremet

i'm gonna go to NYC in early December and I don't really have any winter/cold clothing. I'm looking for a jacket but don't really know where to start...

br875037-00vliv01.jpg

i'm a skinny dood. i wear my shirt size small.

Get a peacoat.

TxdoHawk

Just picked up this brown blazer instore for $80 (30% off today). It looks a lot nicer in person that on the website- it has a nice slim fit:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=874332012&tid=goaff2178999&ap=2&siteID=goafcid150

GAP-Moleskin.jpg

Yeah I want one of these too, although I think it looks better in black in-person. If the brown was actually as dark as the picture makes it look, I'd be all about it. Waiting to see what happens for Black Friday though...I don't feel like my size/color choice is in any danger of selling out.

I went to an H&M store for the first time this weekend. No wonder their clothes are so cheap. They are shit. Easily, the worst fitting clothes I've ever tried on. Do yourselves a favor and pay a little more for quality that will last and fits properly.

Really depends on what you buy. The store is all over the map quality-wise...some of the stuff is laughably bad, but there are definitely diamonds in the rough based on what you pay. I haven't been thrilled with the men's stuff lately though...I think the choices used to be better.

Looks nice, but yeah, not $300 nice. I'm not exactly sure why they call it a mac jacket...looks more like a top coat/car coat to me, although I'm no expert on this. May want to Google terms like that if you're looking for something similar.

Desi

fits good on me. My only complaint is the sleeve length on jackets is always too long. If they did a 34S I would be set.

Some looks I'd like to recreate or steal pieces from:

tumblr_luqnfps9z41qa20meo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lt6qvtfa3Z1ql65k1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr9r94bPWV1qdjijro1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqwvuzOC291qzleu4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrxje9X0691qas00bo1_500.jpg

(Contrast collar, not the nasty hair)
tumblr_lrzpjcUpoS1qc965to1_500.png

tumblr_leh6zcSPtc1qcupx8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrurqk5tHC1qzz8m7o1_500.png

tumblr_ls7fr4l3u41qmpptko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsnspf3PlQ1qitigdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsnwhpIwXM1qc6h32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsqc4iwFID1qdf0t7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsyry7pTbY1qeuobqo1_500.jpg

(Blazer)
tumblr_lsv7pjQzK81qdjijro1_500.jpg

Also, am I the only one who loves spread collars? I would have all my shirts in spread collar if I could...

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Some real good stuff there - I like ones like these that have real good color popping in them.

Also, anybody here holding out for some good Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals? I have a wishlist set up to check, I'm hoping for some decent price drops.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I am going to New York in the winter break and would like to buy some boots(not cowboy boots) to wear over there, anyone recommend some

looking for something like this
K9HZV.jpg

GG-Duo

do any of you guys have the f/w +J coats? I'm thinking about a down or duffle coat and they seem to have markdowns right now. (I don't live in nyc so I'll be buying via a proxy.)

Desi

hm, that is nothing more than a shawl collar cardigan which you can find absolutely anywhere! Gap, BR, UO, H&M, Zara, Brooks Brothers, Gucci, Uniqlo, Space Mountain.

I am going to New York in the winter break and would like to buy some boots(not cowboy boots) to wear over there, anyone recommend some

on trend would be some Wingtip Brogues, duck shoes, or hiking boots. you can find a decent amount at lower prices by checking Asos.com, urbanoutfitters.com, Aldo shoes Mr. B collection, and revolveclothing.com

I like those Palladium's in the picture too. Though you may want to try a pair on first and keep away from the canvas models.

Zilch

Banned
do any of you guys have the f/w +J coats? I'm thinking about a down or duffle coat and they seem to have markdowns right now. (I don't live in nyc so I'll be buying via a proxy.)

In general I like the +J stuff but there are 2 things that keep me from buying:

1. everyone in NYC is gonna be wearing the same coat as you (not a prob for you I guess since you live elsewhere)
2. +J stuff is at a pricepoint where i'd rather save up another $100-150 and get a much better quality/brand coat.

But kop if you wanna kop, this is the last season of Sander +J after all.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I only own 1 belt, and it's reversible brown/black that I wear with semi-formal and business attire. I'm looking to pick up a couple of more casual belts that I can wear with jeans or chinos. Any recommendations? I don't really know what makes a "nice" or "good looking" belt. Looking to stay under $40-50 per belt.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Zilch

Banned
What do you mean?

Are your pants around your ankles? If so, wear a belt. If not, I dunno, do you feel like wearing one?

Any recommendations on specific belts from there? I'm not so good at matching belts with pants, or knowing what style to look for. I didn't really grow up wearing belts often...

Looks pretty nice, might go with the "Natural" one. Thanks.

Uh whoops, I read your post inside out lol. I'd go with tanner/corter if you are looking for a good match with jeans. With choinos I usually wear tumbled leather or leather/fabric in the summer.

_Isaac

I wear a belt when I tuck my shirt in, but I don't wear one other times. The reason I ask is because I had someone act surprised multiple times when I wasn't wearing a belt. That is all. :)

Is there anywhere online that sells Vans slip-ons with cool / unique designs? All the normal ones are so boring. I got a really cool pair from Ryz last year but they don't seem to be selling them any more.

Alucrid

Banned
I wear a belt when I tuck my shirt in, but I don't wear one other times. The reason I ask is because I had someone act surprised multiple times when I wasn't wearing a belt. That is all. :)

If you're tucking your shirt in you should have a belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom