• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
How can you wear an american eagle outfitters shirt without killing yourself

you probably wear classic fit to work because you have an "american" body right

Sadly I have to get glasses. Trying out these pairs what do people think?? Sorry for Instagram style framing but works the best with my phone... I'm probably going to go with two frames.

glasses1.png

glasses2.png

kaskade

I got my mosaic tie in. The thing is pretty damn nice. It's hard to explain but it looks really clean, but also fun and bright.

he probably got tired of dealing with internet people, plus he's been talking about starting a restaurant since toj was formed and that's what he's gonna do.

topically, my cop phasers are set for totokaelo's sale this weekend. the cp perfs, assuming they are part of this sale, will be mine.

I'm surprised at the support for the keyhole glasses... those strike me as glasses that make you look older/nerdier but the girlfriend liked those too so I think I'm going to go with those and #3 (ones right below keyhole). Thanks for the feedback boys.

what's marc jacobs leather like? need a new work bag and there's a really nice one on ssense

Actually? That's pretty big. Why?

Anyways, just bought some white SLP Highs to compliment my black ones. Also, ysl.com is having an online sale, with some pretty good deals, if anyone cares.

have you had a chance to look at any slp suits?

have you had a chance to look at any slp suits?

I'm not really a suit guy, but at the store I've checked over a couple of the blazers a little. Seem nice, but there is a surprisingly large amount of polyester in them. I dunno. Good cut, though.

Anyways, what's the stance on silk? Besides some of my sweaters being silk blend, I haven't really come in contact with the pure stuff before. On the SLP website, they are selling a white silk v-neck for about 50% off, and I was thinking about taking the plunge on it. What's the GAF stance?

mainline mj leather is quite nice. haven't touched bags but if it's like the leather outerwear you should be good to go. don't know anything first-hand about marc by marc.

silk is cool but i can get a bit nippy. I had an old school hedi ysl silk shirt from... 2000? back in the day that was quite nice. I wonder if the new ones are similar. I'd go ivory personally, reminds me of the old ysl suntan color.

I saw the suits at mario's in seattle, they are definitely cut slim but well made. it's basically dior, but a little more classically aligned (not ultra slim lapel, etc)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How can you wear an american eagle outfitters shirt without killing yourself

you probably wear classic fit to work because you have an "american" body right

Hey, not all AE is bad. I like their plain t-shirts and the occasional polo. I don't get anything with huge logos or lettering though, just the small eagle logo if anything.

I tried on (or at least attempted to) some Topman stuff the other day when I was at Nordstrom to see what the hype was about, and I immediately hulked through the back stitching. I even sized up. Twice.

Unless you're built like Illithid Dude I don't see how anyone could wear those clothes. Talk about slim fit.

Boken

Banned
Yay ebay package arrived

pickups:

*New unbranded grey skinnys

*Woolrich grey wool shirt jacket thing

*2 Weird Gant button ups

ー
Also new camera and thus considerably less shitty pictures

What sort of camera bag do you have? I am i need of one..
I dunno about the black and red one
Alright, got 5 frames in from Warby Parker. Already counted two out, thoughts on these three? What's best? I'm leaning to #1.

I guess 1/3 are similar and similar to what I have now.
They are a little boring. 2 doesn't suit you

Alright, got 5 frames in from Warby Parker. Already counted two out, thoughts on these three? What's best? I'm leaning to #1.

I guess 1/3 are similar and similar to what I have now.
Outside of #2 (which I agree, doesn't suit you), they all look just like the ones you currently have. Why not try something different?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
None of them. Try a different style and something that isn't black.

Outside of #2 (which I agree, doesn't suit you), they all look just like the ones you currently have. Why not try something different?

I dunno about the black and red one

They are a little boring. 2 doesn't suit you

Problem is they were the best ones I could find on Warby Parker. They don't have a huge selection... I used my insurance for contacts, so Warby is a great deal if I can find frames for me there.

Are we talking about the same Warby Parker? Last time I checked they had a huge selection, unless of course you have to buy from a third party store for your insurance.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Are we talking about the same Warby Parker? Last time I checked they had a huge selection, unless of course you have to buy from a third party store for your insurance.

No, their online store. Those were really the only five I liked. I could go a similar style in another color but unless I'm missing something they only have one page of frames...

http://www.warbyparker.com/eyeglasses/men

None of the others seemed like they would work well on me. I guess I could try another color. Part of the issue also is that I still dress down from time to time and like to throw on baseball caps. I need a frame that will look fine when doing that too, thus the black and the style. (Also a lot of frames don't have the other colors available for home try on).

I could not pull that off. :p

EDIT: I ordered another 5 frames from WP to try on, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom