• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought a dkny shirt for the first time

will be my last after returning it tomorrow. Worst fit ever, too much fluff on the shoulders, too tight under the arms, yet not slim enough in the midsection

It's like you're somehow posting from the year 2002. Somehow this thread is bridge through time. How can you be into so many brands from a past era?

Btw looking for a red gingham shirt.

I tried out the one from uniqlo in size small, and although the chest and neck fit, the length seems a bit long and it billows in the back.

If I go to XS the billowing may improve, but then my neck and chest will be tight as shit.

So any suggestions on a slim fit red gingham shirt? Looking for less than $50.

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/shirts/washed_shirts/PRDOVR~44765/44765.jsp

Lunchbox

Banned

lol 44 for a jwho, check this ralph-

60% off from tj maxx, 39.99 -

3XxjhiD.jpg

original - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...781.2498319.2498321&view=99&parentPage=family

Blackhead

Redarse
Just seemed stupid that the article said it was a waste because you were putting money towards something no one ever sees, which makes absolutely no sense.
Didn't say it was a waste of money. It just said it makes you a douche.

I've never been a fan of expensive underwear simply cause I'd rather put the money towards other articles of clothing.
Underwear is the most important piece of clothing imo. It's closest to skin and protects the crown jewels — I can't imagine skimping on that. Nothing more uncomfortable than sweaty, cramped balls. But by 'expensive underwear' I mean Icebreaker or Rapha not Calvin Klein nor Hugo Boss.

Lamel

Banned
lol 44 for a jwho, check this ralph-

60% off from tj maxx, 39.99 -

3XxjhiD.jpg

original - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...781.2498319.2498321&view=99&parentPage=family

I think I got my red gingnam at jcrew on sale for like under 40. All you need is some slight alterations and it's real nice.

I just happened to browse J crew factory during my lunch break, and they just put up a neon rose (red enough) SLIM gingham shirt up in size small.

Quickly grabbed it for 31.50 with the 30% off. As soon as I checked out with it, it was gone off the site.

Wooooo!

So overall I picked up navy chinos, 1 v neck, 1 crew neck, 1 gingham shirt for a total of $95, not bad.

now time to return the uniqlo one :(

This guy is my new manshion reference:

graham-elliot-masterchef-fox-325.jpg

...I just tweeted on how I was fascinated with his dress style and he responded :D

WOUHOU!

Hahahaha grant, you should see master chef its awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So suggestions for summer shirts (button ups maybe) that are light and airy and go well with chino shorts (untucked of course)?

Also what do you guys wear to work during the summer. Do you grab short sleeve button-ups? It's like 80 degrees in the office right now and I'm dying in my long sleeves.

So suggestions for summer shirts (button ups maybe) that are light and airy and go well with chino shorts (untucked of course)?

Also what do you guys wear to work during the summer. Do you grab short sleeve button-ups? It's like 80 degrees in the office right now and I'm dying in my long sleeves.

I have to deal with temps even higher than that, so I go with a mix of either short-sleeve button-ups or long-sleeve ones (sleeves rolled up). Avoid cotton undershirts unless you need to look dressy. Another member mentioned these undershirts, and they're an awesome bang for buck if you can get around the fact they are mesh. They're a lot cheaper than alternatives from performance/outdoors brands.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...ens-underwear-and-loungewear/mens-undershirts

Outdoor companies like Patagonia and others make a lot of button-up shirts in different materials and weights that can be great for hot weather assuming you don't mind their styling or fitment. I guess it depends on how casual you can dress mostly.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have to deal with temps even higher than that, so I go with a mix of either short-sleeve button-ups or long-sleeve ones (sleeves rolled up). Avoid cotton undershirts unless you need to look dressy. Another member mentioned these undershirts, and they're an awesome bang for buck if you can get around the fact they are mesh. They're a lot cheaper than alternatives from performance/outdoors brands.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...ens-underwear-and-loungewear/mens-undershirts

Outdoor companies like Patagonia and others make a lot of button-up shirts in different materials and weights that can be great for hot weather assuming you don't mind their styling or fitment. I guess it depends on how casual you can dress mostly.

Nice. Just looking for button ups overall that I can wear to work when it's hot, and others I can wear with shorts untucked that are a nice fabric. I'll do some checking.

kaskade

So I saw some Jack Purcell's I liked. Nothing crazy but they were white leather. For whatever reason the one in the store was a little beat up(I'm assuming intentional) and they looked really good. I always dislike white shoes because I feel like some of them don't look too good when beat up. These did.

Also, I've been called GQ multiple times now. Feels good.

Anastasia

So I saw some Jack Purcell's I liked. Nothing crazy but they were white leather. For whatever reason the one in the store was a little beat up(I'm assuming intentional) and they looked really good. I always dislike white shoes because I feel like some of them don't look too good when beat up. These did.

I have a pair in white leather too, but they didn't come distressed or anything like that. It's one of my favorite pair of shoes to wear in the spring and summer.

cons look best a little beat up. just roll em around in dust.

kaskade

I have a pair in white leather too, but they didn't come distressed or anything like that. It's one of my favorite pair of shoes to wear in the spring and summer.

I don't think they actually come that way, just the way they were on display (converse store in SoHo). I'll probably get a pair eventually. Zappos has them on sale but pretty much sold out in every size except the small ones.

Hauk

Neo Member
Not really sure if this is manshion, but it is related to bags/accessories for men, so what the hell:

Can someone recommend or guide me towards a great, durable and good looking "weekender"/travel bag? What I've been eyeing lately, though I'm hesitant to order as there's not even one customer review about this: Leather weekender bag in Amazon.co.uk Some of the other Gusti bags have positive reviews on them. But something with those dimensions is on my mind. What do? :z

I've mainly been looking for leather bags, my gf has one and it looks great, it's made of soft leather and folds up nicely too to save space. Canvas is also an option, if the material holds up..

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Bobby Flay was wearing the exact style of summer button up I am looking for on his cooking show, and now I can't find a pic. Untucked, with jeans and it was some super light fabric. Looked great.

Lamel

Banned
I don't know anything about express but I dig the apricot most out of those options. the blue and grey are kinda lifeless.

That's what I was thinking too. I would like to try out the extra slim fit and how it suits me.

Any other opinions/comments on express?

Edit: Also, navy chinos with brown clark desert boots. Works well right?

Bought these Frank Wrights as kind of an all-purpose shoe. Man, they HURT. The leather is hard as rock. They need some thorough breaking in.

Other than that they are pretty understated and I love it. Thinking about swapping the laces to something in the exact same shade or darker than the leather.
What are these type of shoes called? I'm looking for heelless boots in leather that go with almost everything. I recently bought a pair of black boots from Levi's but they look too formal:/

Lunchbox

Banned
how do you people not know about express?

they are basically am eagle but charge abercrombie prices because their employees dress like they are going to the prom instead of the beach. quality is almost same as am eagle, maybe a little better, but not significant enough to justify the extra price. the 1mx shirts look kinda cheap in person on the store

positive is their polos are fitted and the collars are nice and big to double up and pop, so thats cool. basically the 'in" brand now, but they wont last since they dont have a personality and they use the Old navy lion as their logo

hkebZNQ.png

people who shop at salvation army labels like uniqlo dont get to insult express

This kind of reminds me of how Republicans attack this made up version of Obama they have in their minds. You got this made up version of people in here that all shop cheaper brands than you when in reality most of us shop expensive.

Keep punching that invisible punching bag.

snoopen

girl i've seen a few times called me "preppy" and that she liked my style.. so now i'm looking up 2nd hand fashion after this thread made me realise it's a gigantic waste of money to buy new when suckers like me are hoarding too much gear.

It's not even second hand fashion, there is so much stuff out there that sits around at 75% off you really don't need to but at msrp unless you have a lust for a specific item.

Lunchbox

Banned
girl i've seen a few times called me "preppy" and that she liked my style.. so now i'm looking up 2nd hand fashion after this thread made me realise it's a gigantic waste of money to buy new when suckers like me are hoarding too much gear.

another lost soul following Style Fox's road to second hand clothes and dried jizz

Boken

Banned

that carpet

and, double roll your jean cuffs on the inside so you can see the hem sticking out

it makes it look more natural

#shortpeopletips

stylish double post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom