• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAYWT #teamwhitepants Edition.
DSFi6Uz.jpg

Lamel

Banned
Looking for a watch with a brown leather strap, and preferably silver. Around $100-200. Any suggestions?

I see a bunch on macy's but they are all just ok, I know some of you guys may know of ones that look great.

Lunchbox

Banned
Looking for a watch with a brown leather strap, and preferably silver. Around $100-200. Any suggestions?

I see a bunch on macy's but they are all just ok, I know some of you guys may know of ones that look great.

if you want something special save up and get a tag heuer formula 1

but i dont like steel watches, looks too much like jewelry. so i wear this swiss army leather one, light and summery. 100 bucks on amazon, 180 something at stores

kMdSVaw.jpg
lApajbQ.jpg

It was SUPER short though. I think it was a good move overall considering the price.

The thing is.... the day I returned it the SLP t-shirt that it was worn with in the lookbook came in. Right before I ran out the door to drop off the package at UPS, I tried on the jacket with the shirt one time, just to see what it looked like... and it looked a lot better. I returned the jacket anyways, and the shirt as well, but.... I dunno. You're probably right about the price, though. $860 for a denim jacket was a little much.

giga

Note: Amazon won't exchange clothes for a smaller size. Even if it's in stock. Only refunds. (And I'm not reordering it, since the price increased.)

Fuck em.

Zereul

Neo Member
Got some off-white sneaks to go with shorts for the summer, any suggestion for a belt?

Also, how can people stand to wear shoes with no socks? Feels so gross, and rips apart my feet. Short socks yay!

(first time manshion poster, will post some pictures for approval/judgement later!)

Lamel

Banned
There are other much cheaper socks that go below the ankle. Not hard to find at any general clothing store. But those may not work for some other really open shoes.

Lunchbox

Banned
You can't even keep your story straight. First we are cheap uniqlo buyers now we're splurging too much on socks.

i support spending money on quality useful things, like northface backpacks, lacoste belts, swiss watches, am eagle underwear. things that matter and people will notice

what are socks? a small piece of cloth that you wrap around your feet that no one sees and you throw out after they get too dirty. not to mention i never wear them unless im at work. (boatshoes and sandals) why spend more than the bare minimum on that?

thats wasting money on crap which you could use to buy quality clothing instead of cheaping out and going second rate like jcrew and uniqlo

Lunchbox

Banned
That's where you fuck up man. Every item you put on your body has to be quality and pricey.

I wouldn't expect a macys shopping jabroni to understand.

thats new money attitude. driving a honda and 5$ socks thinking all items are equal are "pricey"

they dont realize how they can skip on socks and use that money to drive a merc and wear a gator on their chest instead. no priorities

Boken

Banned
so youre sitting at a whisky bar drinking your 1985 glentrothes and you see this fine asian girl in a little black dress. you smile at her to get her attention and she smiles back, making her way to the empty chair placed strategically opposite you.

she stops suddenly. she notices the socks that are sticking out from beneath your pants.

target brand.

she turns around and leaves. ugh gross, what a cheapo, she thinks. theres no way he'd be able to buy me a car.

Blackhead

Redarse
Au contraire: few people are would be able see what the brand of socks is until you're both in the bedroom about to be disrobed. Like boxers**, there's little point buying branded pairs to attract a partner because the only time they'll notice is when you've already sealed the deal. No one is going to poke around your dirty nondescript underwear trying to figure out what brand it is (just don't, you know, wear neon green christmas elf briefs or something equally silly that can be seen in the dark).

FWIW I do buy expensive socks but, again, by expensive I'm thinking icebreaker or rapha not hugo boss nor calvin klien

**Unless you're staring in a 90s MTV video where the imperative is to show off your LV/CK/ boxers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom