• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
positive is their polos are fitted and the collars are nice and big to double up and pop, so thats cool. basically the 'in" brand now, but they wont last since they dont have a personality and they use the Old navy lion as their logo
Express has been around since 1980, they have plenty of lasting power even if their clothing stinks and is cheaply made.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hey, I like Express. Currently wearing their Photographer pants now and they are the best fitting chinos I've found for work. They are actually super comfortable too. Their extra slim fit button ups fit great as well. The combo together of the photographer pants and extra slim button up is by far the best fitting stuff I've found for work and looks great together on me. :p

Issue is now that I need to find some cash to replace 3 more pairs of pants and 3 shirts with that style from there. Expensive.

what does "double up" mean here?
6r6KKEJ.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Express is a huge no if you're short. I tried an XS slim fit shirt once and it was long enough to double as a hospital gown. If I tucked it in, the damn thing would've been bunched up in the legs of my pants.

Lamel

Banned
Express is a huge no if you're short. I tried an XS slim fit shirt once and it was long enough to double as a hospital gown. If I tucked it in, the damn thing would've been bunched up in the legs of my pants.

What if you're 5'10" and get a small?

Lunchbox

Banned
hey guys I have an AE polo and a RL polo

which one do I wear on the outside?
Lacoste goes on the outside

aes on the inside since they have shorter arms and don't stick out. don't wear Ralph polos since there are a lot of counterfeits out, only button ups. some wear Vineyardvines since its the least counterfeited, but that whale is dumb looking

hey guys I have an AE polo and a RL polo

which one do I wear on the outside?
RL, their collars are stiff, so when you flip them upwards you have a good support for the AE collars which have a better drape. This creates a nice collar juxtaposition and helps move the eye upwards, and has the secondary effect of hiding the hickey you got last night from your parents.

lunchbox you are clearly ignoring the importance of collar arc in your layering

Lunchbox

Banned
RL, their collars are stiff, so when you flip them upwards you have a good support for the AE collars which have a better drape. This creates a nice collar juxtaposition and helps move the eye upwards, and has the secondary effect of hiding the hickey you got last night from your parents.

lunchbox you are clearly ignoring the importance of collar arc in your layering
I starch my collars so they are always arched and blooming in an inhale exhale shape. if you have a limp collar, you can always sandwich it between 2 strong ones. the middle one acts like an accent border between the two

I starch my collars so they are always arched and blooming in an inhale exhale shape. if you have a limp collar, you can always sandwich it between 2 strong ones. the middle one acts like an accent border between the two
wow. I have been sonned hard here. I don't think I can post here anymore.

Holy fuck this is some next level collar technique right here.

So, my Jonathan Saunders jacket is already coming apart at the seems, and I've worn in literally three times. I've got holes all over the sleeves where the stitching has come undone. I'm fucking pissed! However, I bought it on final sale, and as such, am technically not allowed to return it. Is there anything I can do?

So, my Jonathan Saunders jacket is already coming apart at the seems, and I've worn in literally three times. I've got holes all over the sleeves where the stitching has come undone. I'm fucking pissed! However, I bought it on final sale, and as such, am technically not allowed to return it. Is there anything I can do?
whoa really? I'd call up sssense and talk some shit. is the fabric knit or something?

Lunchbox

Banned
my am eagle canvas jacket that I bought on Black Friday and wore in my trips over Europe, Middle East and South Asia is still perfect and hanging in my closet, ready for its next continental trip.

think about that before you insult my brand next time

#3continents1jacket

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yo FashionGAF, recommend me some affordable sunglasses (or a style / brand) that may actually fit my face. Here's my face.

jbOjK2O2WkXjI.png

Go.

Pocks

oh God I have to leave that thread before I pull my hair out in frustration.

It shames me to think that there was a time, just a few years ago, that I had the same mindset.

Lamel

Banned
I finally took the plunge and got the slim blue oxford from J crew. Literally the best fitting shirt I have ever worn, well worth it.

Broke for the next 6 months though :(

40% off at Massimo Dutti for the next two days. Just picked up some decent shoes, socks, and polos. Definitely have some decent selection and good prices for summer looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom