• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

thats new money attitude. driving a honda and 5$ socks thinking all items are equal are "pricey"

they dont realize how they can skip on socks and use that money to drive a merc and wear a gator on their chest instead. no priorities

You can't talk about budget priorities when you're wearing a battery powered watch bro. Nobody ballin in that

giga

Au contraire: few people are would be able see what the brand of socks is until you're both in the bedroom about to be disrobed. Like boxers**, there's little point buying branded pairs to attract a partner because the only time they'll notice is when you've already sealed the deal. No one is going to poke around your dirty nondescript underwear trying to figure out what brand it is (just don't, you know, wear neon green christmas elf briefs or something equally silly that can be seen in the dark).

FWIW I do buy expensive socks but, again, by expensive I'm thinking icebreaker or rapha not hugo boss nor calvin klien

**Unless you're staring in a 90s MTV video where the imperative is to show off your LV/CK/ boxers.
I think he was joking.

For socks, the general rule is that they shouldn't be 100% cotton. Wool or synthetic blends are necessary not just for moisture wicking, but longevity. Cheap cotton socks from Wal-Mart will most likely stretch, develop toe holes, and wear out after several washes.

Alucrid

Banned
so youre sitting at a whisky bar drinking your 1985 glentrothes and you see this fine asian girl in a little black dress. you smile at her to get her attention and she smiles back, making her way to the empty chair placed strategically opposite you.

she stops suddenly. she notices the socks that are sticking out from beneath your pants.

target brand.

she turns around and leaves. ugh gross, what a cheapo, she thinks. theres no way he'd be able to buy me a car.

asian? no thanks.

Lirlond

Northface make awful bags, you're much better going for a berghaus for a rucksack. For a backpack/school bag Wenger is probably better.

Northface make good climbing equipment and shell jackets. Their tents aren't too bad either if a little overexpensive.

Can anybody vouch for the quality of calvin klein suits? I saw one on ebay that looks pretty good.
the "slim" stuff at places like macy's fit pretty well, at least the last time I checked into them. Collection is a tier above the rest, but is only half-canvassed or fused depending on the specific suit.

Should I buy this shoe?

8266085_fpx.tif

Rookje

Have any of you become the "fashion/clothes dude" of your crew/friends? At first I was flattered, but now I'm getting kinda annoyed. "Take me out shopping!" "Link me some cool shirts... but under $30"

Boken

Banned
Have any of you become the "fashion/clothes dude" of your crew/friends? At first I was flattered, but now I'm getting kinda annoyed. "Take me out shopping!" "Link me some cool shirts... but under $30"

youre basically the nerd of your group now

fix my computer!
install word for me!
do my homework!

i got so sick of this i purposely would link super expensive shit

giga

Yes, but I enjoy it. I would love to pick out what people wear.

Alucrid

Banned

Nope, no one here gives a fuck about clothes.

edit:

black, navy or charcoal

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Two things:

1. What do you guys think of these shoes? (in the first pic, the salmon color specifically)
2. If I wanted to wear these with shorts, I'm assuming no-show socks are the way to go? If so, are there any brands y'all recommend?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I like the vans ludlow more:

vans-otw-2011-holiday-ludlow-1.jpg

but yeah they're fine without/hidden socks and shorts

I like those too. I think what I dig the most about the ones I posted are the brighter/more interesting colors and the contrasting leather laces.

I also already ordered what I posted : )

(._.)

Banned
Do piercings count in this thread?

(GAF doesn't have a general piercings/tat thread)

or is it strictly clothes?

I'm thinking of getting my septum pierced? (and maybe eyebrow & lower lip later)

Should I post pic and ask for c/c?

giga

Do piercings count in this thread?

(GAF doesn't have a general piercings/tat thread)

or is it strictly clothes?

I'm thinking of getting my septum pierced? (and maybe eyebrow & lower lip later)

Should I post pic and ask for c/c?
There's a tattoo thread. I would keep it there or make a piercing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom