• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only true space boots.

%2524%2528KGrHqN%252C%2521gsE8pHJOvzgBPMnMfUzMQ%257E%257E60_3.JPG

What are the second ones? After wearing my white SLP highs for a while, I've decided I'm all about the white highs. I gotta get more.

tell me more about the 2nd ones

i kinda want them now
AMI. I got the 9's here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13092390432...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

There is a 10 and 12. I am assuming they are true to size.

How tall are you macuser
5'9". I don't tuck my pants, though. I look weird. Or maybe I look fine but I think I look weird. Either way... nah. And this is kind of the problem with my silver space boots, I can't wear them with shorts less I look like a ...less than heterosexual spacefarer.

Just got back from a week of wearing my white highs around rustic Lake Arrowhead. I don't know what it is about white highs, but they just look so much better with some wear and tear.

Does anyone know where they sell a black dress shirt made in USA? The darkest I can find is a light gray made by Union Line. I may pick it up one day but I prefer black.

you mean like, low-key technical-ish clothing?

I didn't know that's how Outlier's clothes are labelled, hehe.

Thanks for the suggestions, mac, but I checked them and overall it's not what I'm looking for (Mastrum and Acronym have some great items, the rest not so much).

Maybe if I give you some exact examples of items that I love...

205-OUTLIER-UltrafineT-MinimalFront.jpg

201_Slim_Dungaree2_front_full.jpg

102-OUTLIER-NycoSlims-Gusset.jpg

105-OUTLIER-NycoSlims-Fit.jpg

What I like the most about this brand is how well crafted their items are. The pants shown in the last two pictures, for example, are made of a fabric that it's thick and feels almost indestructible, yet... at the same time it's extremely soft and kinda glossy, in a silky way. Probably the most comfortable pants that I've ever worn.

So, in short, I'm looking for clothes like those examples, that are, in my opinion, minimalist, very elegant, and versatile too, cause these Outliers can be used to ran away from wolves, like you like to do, or in the office.

Man, I sound like an Outlier employee, but I swear I'm not. Just a very happy customer that want more options of the same style/quality.

Cheers and thanks again.

That Outlier stuff looks pretty basic (not in a bad way). Shouldn't be too hard to find similar items. I mean it's basically just a tee and some canvased pants. Naked & Famous has made some canvased pants in various colors (the Ducks for instance), you could look there.

haha, well, technical in that they focus on performance or a particular fiber more than say embellishments and prints.

But I don't know, there are a lot of labels out there that dip their toes in stuff like that, but I can't think of one that is quite as specific as outlier. But if your thing is simple high-quality stuff maybe look at patrik ervell or unis?

And I haven't evaded wolves in years :p

Does anyone know where they sell a black dress shirt made in USA? The darkest I can find is a light gray made by Union Line. I may pick it up one day but I prefer black.

American apparel makes a couple

That Outlier stuff looks pretty basic (not in a bad way). Shouldn't be too hard to find similar items. I mean it's basically just a tee and some canvased pants. Naked & Famous has made some canvased pants in various colors (the Ducks for instance), you could look there.

When it comes to the design, yes, I agree. But with the same quality? I don't know if that's easy, that's why I was asking you guys.

Those Naked & Famous look really nice, thank you!

haha, well, technical in that they focus on performance or a particular fiber more than say embellishments and prints.

Oh I see, I see.

But I don't know, there are a lot of labels out there that dip their toes in stuff like that, but I can't think of one that is quite as specific as outlier. But if your thing is simple high-quality stuff maybe look at patrik ervell or unis?

Thank you, those ones are much closer to what I'm looking for.

Blackhead

Redarse
Do you guys know some sites more or less in the same vein than Outlier?

I really love their stuff, but it would be nice to have more options.
When it comes to the design, yes, I agree. But with the same quality? I don't know if that's easy, that's why I was asking you guys.

Thank you, those ones are much closer to what I'm looking for.
Outlier is kinda unique... Here are some other 'options':

casual/cycling techware
proofny
swrve
mission workshop
rapha
vulpine

merino extras
icebreaker
ibex
smartwool
minus33

you mean like, low-key technical-ish clothing?

maybe the cp company family?

There is also ar'teryx veilance and the like which does more technical-sporty stuff.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/116740-urban-techwear/

this is probably a good thread for you to skim

Yeah, SuFu is the best place to keep tabs on this stuff.

ar'teryx veilance jackets are too nice

Greyface, you rock!!!

Overall, all the sites you posted have great items that I'm now very interested in buying (my credit card is already crying :p).

Swrve and Proofny are exactly what I wanted (Proofny HAS to be related to Outlier cause the concept of the site itself is so identical that's not even funny).

Thank you, mate!

Lamel

Banned
J crew factory has 50% off everything right now.

Could work if you were dressing for a Ivy League college.

Dunno how serious you are with this, but I hardly know any Ivy kids who would have ALL that stuff from putthison (aside from the very rich ones).

Building a wardrobe is difficult, but mine is coming together for the fall.

Blackhead

Redarse
Outlier isn't canvased pants, it just looks like it. Which is what makes Outlier somewhat unique in the techwear scene; it looks practically the same as regular clothes except made with fucking amazing fabrics. I could imagine a dandy like giga wearing Outlier − indeed almost any manshion gaffer should be happy with replacing their uniqlo/J crew with Outlier once you see the performance − well except macuser who is on some nextlevel
birthday
suit shit :p. Reasonable price points for the quality too.
Greyface, you rock!!!

Overall, all the sites you posted have great items that I'm now very interested in buying (my credit card is already crying :p).

Swrve and Proofny are exactly what I wanted (Proofny HAS to be related to Outlier cause the concept of the site itself is so identical that's not even funny).

Thank you, mate!
Yeah, Proofny is suspiciously similar in a 'heavily inspired' way haha. Although, to be fair, Outlier hasn't used that wool fabric for a 3/4 coat or blazer...yet. Proofny is only a year old though so I can't vouch if the quality will consistently be up to par with Outlier's.
cool sites, we should get a list going for the next thread.
What do you have in mind?

By the way, what do y'all think of services like Everlane, Flint and Tinder, and Frank & Oak with their membership and/or subscription models?

Is yellow shirt and yellow tie too much? Suit is light grey.

menswear rules are tie and shirt should contrast (light vs dark; plain vs striped). yellow and grey is nice. yellow tie and yellow shirt is probably too much but if you know how to break the rules...

my credit card is already crying :p
Clothing is a fucking addictive & expensive habit. :( I hope to steer my future children away from fashion

Way too much it sounds like. Can't see yellow working with a suit, especially not if it's both the shirt and tie.

Also, don't match shirt and tie.

I once wore a yellow tie with a grey suit and a white shirt. It worked out fine.

But yeah. Yellow + yellow + yellNO.

i'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom