• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
I think these are pretty cool too:

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/high-top-sneaker_cod44516165wk.html

Clae and supra also make some nice low-key black hi's also

Thanks. I'm gonna look at some supras.

guys, thoughts on these...?

wgAfhNl.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M8U2BE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I pretty much only own black denim and I'm tired of always wearing boots.

Caramello

Hi guys, thought this was probably the best place for some advice. Just wondering where I could buy a shirt similar to the one in this pic and also if it has a particular name and not just 'a thick shirt'. I like this look but can't find the shirt..

5DBsigN.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I didn't know that's how Outlier's clothes are labelled, hehe.

Thanks for the suggestions, mac, but I checked them and overall it's not what I'm looking for (Mastrum and Acronym have some great items, the rest not so much).

Maybe if I give you some exact examples of items that I love...

What I like the most about this brand is how well crafted their items are. The pants shown in the last two pictures, for example, are made of a fabric that it's thick and feels almost indestructible, yet... at the same time it's extremely soft and kinda glossy, in a silky way. Probably the most comfortable pants that I've ever worn.

So, in short, I'm looking for clothes like those examples, that are, in my opinion, minimalist, very elegant, and versatile too, cause these Outliers can be used to ran away from wolves, like you like to do, or in the office.

Man, I sound like an Outlier employee, but I swear I'm not. Just a very happy customer that want more options of the same style/quality.

Cheers and thanks again.

This is exactly what I like too. It's my summer look (chino shorts instead of pants, but the same plain colors, etc.).

Sidenote: I don't really like any of the new frames I got from Warby parker so I have no idea what to do. Any other sites that anyone has used? They had some sunglasses I like, but my current frames have cracks in them so I need to get glasses. Not sure what to do.

I didn't know that's how Outlier's clothes are labelled, hehe.

Thanks for the suggestions, mac, but I checked them and overall it's not what I'm looking for (Mastrum and Acronym have some great items, the rest not so much).

Maybe if I give you some exact examples of items that I love...

205-OUTLIER-UltrafineT-MinimalFront.jpg

201_Slim_Dungaree2_front_full.jpg

102-OUTLIER-NycoSlims-Gusset.jpg

105-OUTLIER-NycoSlims-Fit.jpg

What I like the most about this brand is how well crafted their items are. The pants shown in the last two pictures, for example, are made of a fabric that it's thick and feels almost indestructible, yet... at the same time it's extremely soft and kinda glossy, in a silky way. Probably the most comfortable pants that I've ever worn.

So, in short, I'm looking for clothes like those examples, that are, in my opinion, minimalist, very elegant, and versatile too, cause these Outliers can be used to ran away from wolves, like you like to do, or in the office.

Man, I sound like an Outlier employee, but I swear I'm not. Just a very happy customer that want more options of the same style/quality.

Cheers and thanks again.

Dockers Alpha khakis
Alden Indy Boots
Slim t-shirts from anywhere

I dress relatively similarly with a bit more color in my work shirts.

Does anyone know where they sell a black dress shirt made in USA? The darkest I can find is a light gray made by Union Line. I may pick it up one day but I prefer black.

You could try Filson or Bill's Khakis. A lot of their stuff is geared toward old men & hunters but its all made in the US and a lot of Filson's stuff is at their factory in Seattle where the workers even have a Union!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The one pair of glasses I did like from mylatest Warby parker home try on were actually sunglasses. Thoughts? (Ignore my lazy Sunday bed head). I wanted white RayBans in a similar style but it'd be crazy expensive to buy them and get them Rx.

None of the actual glasses frames looked that good on me. I have no idea what to do for frames. I like one of them from the last set (I posted here) but overall the only ones that looked alright on me were similar to what I already have.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

coldvein

Banned
aight so that wedding snuck up on me, its on saturday.

having reviewed my finances, buying a suit is out of the question. what should i wear? i need cheap shit that looks good. it's going to be outdoors and hot, i think.

Alucrid

Banned
So I'm standing in a seedyish part of Philly waiting for a realtor and at least ten people have walked by and either complimented or stared at my margiela velcro. If I die it was probably for them

bob page

The one pair of glasses I did like from mylatest Warby parker home try on were actually sunglasses. Thoughts? (Ignore my lazy Sunday bed head). I wanted white RayBans in a similar style but it'd be crazy expensive to buy them and get them Rx.

None of the actual glasses frames looked that good on me. I have no idea what to do for frames. I like one of them from the last set (I posted here) but overall the only ones that looked alright on me were similar to what I already have.

Looks good- definitely the best pair you've tried.

having reviewed my finances, buying a suit is out of the question. what should i wear? i need cheap shit that looks good. it's going to be outdoors and hot, i think.
damn dude, I was just about to ask you bout this...

but um

cotton chinos

decent light brown/summer shoes (hit up nordie rack)

collared shirt

light sweater or blazer

h&m should have 90% of this if not all of it.

I will never get the American fascination with big clunky frames.
we like our women like our frames; thick, plastic, and made in a foreign country

Frames look cool to me. They have more life than anything you've shown us in this thread so far.

Of course, if you're not comfortable getting them, then don't. After all, you're the one wearing the glasses, not us.

Pretty much what Mac said. Definitely check out H&M since you're in a pinch and need something cheap. Remember, fit is the most important part. Don't hesitate to size down if necessary.

Also a summer wedding is about as good a reason as you'll get to wear white pants. It's not too late to jump onto #teamwhitepants. If that's too outlandish, go with a more neutral color, like navy blue. Don't hesitate to send me dressing room selfies either. I'm sure I speak for Mac here as well. In fact, I encourage this.

Try the rack. You might have to ball a little hard but if you get something good you'll have it forever. Last I saw there were a good number of dress shoes there in the $200 range.

Pulling off a floral requires a slim build so you don't look like a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt and you make sure it's the only colorful thing you're wearing. Everything else is ether dark or black.

Boken

Banned
Pulling off a floral requires a slim build so you don't look like a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt and you make sure it's the only colorful thing you're wearing. Everything else is ether dark or black.

there are less messy, evenly patterned finer print florals that can go with lighter colours

by slim you mean not fat because fit n slightly buff dudes arent slim at all

Boken

Banned
hey i dont mean overly buff
i mean kinda like 30% buff

super skinny models are like 5-10% buff
regular male models are 30% buff

Boken

Banned
I've tried on a lot of different denims and I'd have to say naked and famous skinny guy stretch is the best fitting and most comfortable.

skinny guys are a bit on the loose side of slim for me

my calves arent tree trunks, nf

but yeah theyre pretty comfy

Pretty much. Everything that isn't basic shirt, chinos, socks, light jumpers (for which I hoard Country Road and Scotch & Soda).

aw man

I'd be 30% if my metabolism wasn't so high. I think I'm getting thinner. I'm now size 29 on a good day. It's terrible.

And N&F is hella baggy. If the jean is called 'skinny' then that shit better be skinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom