• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Country Road
i thought you had style man

boken you're in sydney right? harrolds at westfield cbd, sub to their email thing and get there early when the 50% sales start

there are other random hip-ish stores in like the hip suburbs eg potts point etc. but everything is way overpriced. i reckon harrolds should cover the brands you should care about anyway!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks good- definitely the best pair you've tried.

Frames look cool to me. They have more life than anything you've shown us in this thread so far.

Of course, if you're not comfortable getting them, then don't. After all, you're the one wearing the glasses, not us.

Thanks. They'd be for sunglasses though. Although I might just get the RayBan ones I want (below) and wear my contacts with them, then next year get prescription sunglasses lenses in them.

RB2140-06.png

The whole glasses situation I have no idea what to do. Didn't find much on Warby Parker that looked good on me, so I may just go with the basic frames I tried on first from them. Apparently finding glasses that look good on me is hard.

On a side note, jeans day at work and I still can't find jeans that fit me right with big thighs. So damn frustrating. I don't want to spend $150 on one pair. Today I feel like I have skinny jeans on with a looser untucked button up and feel like I look more ridiculous than I probably really do. I just wish I could find some jeans with more room in the thighs that aren't huge around the ankle too (no boot cut or anything).

Blackbird is closing, not too surprising
yeah, it's a bummer, but they really lost a coherent buying pattern a long time ago. I couldn't even tell you what they stocked. I stopped by there a month or so ago and it was just ... confusing?

Totokaelo man is nice enough, but they need to put their cp's on sale already :mad:

I'm looking for a nice canvas slip on shoe I can wear during in Vegas. Just an everyday type of shoe that I can wear with any outfit.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1575228262&pf_rd_i=typ01

Just one of the links on Amazon because I can get it before Thursday. Don't mind ordering online but if there are suggestions to go in person to buy at a store, I'm down. Would like to go #TeamNoSocks with them if possible.

Please be gentle if anything I said is a fashion no no. I'm still learning!

coldvein

Banned
alright bitches it has begun. kind of a rough start. i dunno. still got a few days to pull this shitz together. the story so far ----> i went to aldo and bought these shoes. i dont have a smartphone and my pictures are of shit quality.

ive never owned shoes like this before so i feel like a bit of a clown, but whatever, i guess i feel aight about them.

then here is a picture of me at H&M trying on a thing. i actually quite liked the idea of the thing but felt like it was a little big and it was the smallest one they had. should i have bought it? i dunno. my chest is tiny yo.

to sum up, i have purchased a pair of shoes and a white shirt. the adventure will continue. i'll end up looking like a dude who just threw a bunch of random shit together i guess. ahhh well.

giga

…

Don't buy that jacket. It's definitely way too big. Get yourself measured--you need to know your chest size to buy a jacket. The white shirt looks cheap as well. I can see your t-shirt through it. I would skip H&M and go to JCP (Stafford brand) or Banana Republic if you want to keep costs down.

What event is this you're trying to dress for?

giga

my chest was 34 inches the last time i measured it. i think.

the event is a wedding of a bunch of people that i dont know
So what do you need and what's your budget? The suede shoes seem a bit too casual for a wedding. Unless you're wearing white pants and this is a beach wedding.

Pants?
Tie?
Shoes?
Shirt?
Jacket?
Vest?

Can you afford a suit?

Shoes look fine. Jacket is at least one size too big. Was that a 34? Try fitting a 32. Might be slightly out of your range but the Topman stuff at Nordstrom's (about $175ish) fits insanely small/slim. That might be somewhere to look as well.

true, topman is tiny. I know the nordstrom in westfield had a bunch of them on sale not too long ago. you could probably clean up there if you're willing to make the drive.

coldvein

Banned
So what do you need and what's your budget? The suede shoes seem a bit too casual for a wedding. Unless you're wearing white pants and this is a beach wedding.

im goin casual bro. i think is going to be mostly hippies. my girlfriend told me i couldnt wear white pants unfortunately - lbceo mentioned the idea and i was enraptured with it. oh well. i'm just thinkin like .. those shoes, some pants that aren't jeans, and a jacket of some kind. maybe even a sweater? i liked the jacket i tried on mostly for the color.

Shoes look fine. Jacket is at least one size too big. Was that a 34? Try fitting a 32. Might be slightly out of your range but the Topman stuff at Nordstrom's (about $175ish) fits insanely small/slim. That might be somewhere to look as well.

i think that was a 36. i'll hit up nordstromz and look at some topman shit tomorrow. i've committed to spending at least a little bit more money than i'm comfortable with on this business. i really need a new ipod and digital camera, but whatever. not trying to look like a total scrub. and i figure it might be good to have these things in my wardrobe anyway. who knows, i might have to go to another more formal-ish occasion one day.

so i've got some shoes anyway. they're a bit lighter brown than shown in the picture. does that mean i need a brown belt? does it matter what color pants/jacket/sweater i buy? any guidance would be appreciated. i had just planned to be a bitch and have my girlfriend pick out my outfit, she's done this before (i havent), but we're scheduled totally opposite this week and don't really have time to shop together. IM ON MY OWN.

I'm down to help if you want to look for things Friday morning/afternoon.

Anyway, you'll definitely want a brown belt if you're wearing brown shoes. Preferably one in a similar shade of brown. As for the pants, it really depends on the other pieces of your wardrobe. Do you know what color blazer you'll be getting? If it's blue, I'd avoid blue pants for instance. Grey blazer, avoid grey pants (unless you're Mac) etc. Of course, white pants rule all so there's always that option as well.

giga

The fit on Express Producer dress pants is fantastic. I've never seen a 32x32 look so good on me before. I tried the Photographer too, but it was a little too tapered near my calves for my liking.

Make sure to get the stretch cotton one. It's like 90% cotton, 10% spandex. That 10% is just enough to keep the shape in place and keep the texture smooth.

Might post a selfie later :3

Speaking of canvas shoes, what are some shoes that go with shorts (aside from boat shoes)?
Canvas if you want to dress down or suede bucks/oxfords if you want to dress it up. I'm partial to the latter.

Boken

Banned
Lbc and coldv gave me an idea. We should make a global company where we help men to navigate online and b&m shopping and help develop their dress sense. Or even create an image for them.

Gotta leverage our global community, dress and online shopping savvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom