• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Yeah I like AA for basic tees. They're a little pricey but you can find coupons floating around in the tubes from time to time.

Tretorn does this kind of shoe better IMO.

Also, do want:
img-thing

to boot Lincoln.

mYm|17|

lovin that shirt in the middle.

I had a chance to get some j crew shirts on sale at the outlet and I totally didn't buy them. :(

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
swaggin on a hundred thousan trillion with that TOJ

if I wasn't moving soon I'd order one

GorillaJu

That varsity looks good.

I'm gonna be hanging out with Mr TOJ this weekend, gotta get the details worked out for a custom duffle for the little lady.

Also Aldo isn't horrible, it's just at a price where you're either better off paying a little more for a huge leap in quality and style, or not buying at all. Lot's of quality British shoes available at a similar price point that will last longer and the leather won't lose it's patina like the junk corrected grain they use on Aldo's.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Anyone know where I can get a nice, quality, manly yet not ugly/dull, warm winter jacket for $150 or under? The two jackets I have just ain't cuttin it....one semi-longish black wool coat that my friend says I look like a vampire in (whatever the fuck that means) and isn't warm enough for the coldest of the cold here in Wisconsin, and another that's just way too damn puffy and makes me look like the Michelin Man.

GorillaJu

Anyone know where I can get a nice, quality, manly yet not ugly/dull, warm winter jacket for $150 or under? The two jackets I have just ain't cuttin it....one semi-longish black wool coat that my friend says I look like a vampire in (whatever the fuck that means) and isn't warm enough for the coldest of the cold here in Wisconsin, and another that's just way too damn puffy and makes me look like the Michelin Man.

How about a Sterlingwear peacoat? They're navy issue and will keep you warm - especially if you get the one with the quilted lining.

I believe they come in at around $170.

My only advice is that you order a size smaller than you would normally. I wear a 36R but a size 34 Sterlingwear pea is just a tad large for the fit I like, though for most people it'd probably be just right to size down once.

Alucrid

Banned
That varsity looks good.

I'm gonna be hanging out with Mr TOJ this weekend, gotta get the details worked out for a custom duffle for the little lady.

Also Aldo isn't horrible, it's just at a price where you're either better off paying a little more for a huge leap in quality and style, or not buying at all. Lot's of quality British shoes available at a similar price point that will last longer and the leather won't lose it's patina like the junk corrected grain they use on Aldo's.

With Charly in NY or are you actually seeing Drew in Tokyo? I'm thinking about putting in an order for a duffle myself with a grey MDR I'm getting, although since it was like 65 degrees in November here I'm wondering if that's a good idea. Fucking global warming or something.

Alucrid, how tall are you?

That shit's personal. Naw. 5'8"? I think. Somewhere around there. Haven't checked in years. Not tall though. :(

I also just noticed how shitty and yellow those pictures look. Will take better ones over the weekend in natural lighting.

GorillaJu

With Charly in NY or are you actually seeing Drew in Tokyo? I'm thinking about putting in an order for a duffle myself with a grey MDR I'm getting, although since it was like 65 degrees in November here I'm wondering if that's a good idea. Fucking global warming or something.

That shit's personal. Naw. 5'8"? I think. Somewhere around there. Haven't checked in years. Not tall though. :(

I also just noticed how shitty and yellow those pictures look. Will take better ones over the weekend in natural lighting.

Drew. Been friends with him since long before TOJ was conceived. In fact it was through conversations and napkin sketches inside Shinchon bars on freezing winter evenings that the TOJ concept was fleshed out.

Alucrid

Banned
Drew. Been friends with him since long before TOJ was conceived. In fact it was through conversations and napkin sketches inside Shinchon bars on freezing winter evenings that the TOJ concept was fleshed out.

Heh, crazy shit. Never would have thought a gaffer would have been that close to the TOJ. :lol Hope there's pics of the "girlfriend duffle", probably going to be as awesome as the girlfriend double rider. If I still had one I'd totally buy that, even at the cost me one of my jawnz.

GorillaJu

Heh, crazy shit. Never would have thought a gaffer would have been that close to the TOJ. :lol Hope there's pics of the "girlfriend duffle", probably going to be as awesome as the girlfriend double rider. If I still had one I'd totally buy that, even at the cost me one of my jawnz.

Well it kind of makes sense if you consider that Drew's celebrity and business is entirely an Internet phenomenon, his denizens and cohorts would be out on the web too :)

I will post pics when it happens! Haven't decided on a color yet. Drew and I want to do it in navy but my gf says she wants beige. Might have to do as the master says.

Alucrid

Banned
Well it kind of makes sense if you consider that Drew's celebrity and business is entirely an Internet phenomenon, his denizens and cohorts would be out on the web too :)

I will post pics when it happens! Haven't decided on a color yet. Drew and I want to do it in navy but my gf says she wants beige. Might have to do as the master says.

Or make 2. :p

Fashion advice please!!
My sister graduates in 2 weeks from uni, and I don't know what to wear to the ceremony, I don't wanna overdress or be too casual; what would be a proper attire, recommendations please!! :eek:

Alucrid

Banned
Fashion advice please!!
My sister graduates in 2 weeks from uni, and I don't know what to wear to the ceremony, I don't wanna overdress or be too casual; what would be a proper attire, recommendations please!! :eek:

When I went to my brother's graduation the styles there pretty much ran the gamut (I wanted to use this phrase after seeing it in multiple GAF threads). Some were there in jeans, others in suits and pretty much everything in between. I guess the main point would be to look presentable. Maybe base your style off of what your parents are wearing?

Desi

I hope Drew does a re-release of the original Double Rider with the Belt for a short while.

yeah yeah true. too many dudes on Gaf to be honest.

GorillaJu

Can GAF get a 70% TOJ discount?

Worth a shot.

Im not even askin for a discount for my own gf. When you consider that Drew does business directly with almost every customer, you can't really expect to get a discount for knowing him. That's how he makes his money - selling to people who trust his taste, and the close friends of those people. If he were to stock on store shelves or hire more staff to take care of a fleshed out eBusiness, he'd have to increase the price. As it is you get a leather jacket or coat for $500 that wouldn't look out of place on the rack next to $1500 joints.

Though I have received freebies in the past including the first grey leather moto.

Alucrid

Banned
Im not even askin for a discount for my own gf. When you consider that Drew does business directly with almost every customer, you can't really expect to get a discount for knowing him. That's how he makes his money - selling to people who trust his taste, and the close friends of those people. If he were to stock on store shelves or hire more staff to take care of a fleshed out eBusiness, he'd have to increase the price. As it is you get a leather jacket or coat for $500 that wouldn't look out of place on the rack next to $1500 joints.

Though I have received freebies in the past including the first grey leather moto.

Not to mention that he actually does give discounts to people who have bought 5, 10, 15, etc. pieces. For what you pay for there's no way that you can beat it, seriously. Once you hold a ToJ piece in your hands you'll realize that it's totally worth it at its price...hell, you should almost feel bad about getting it for so cheap. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*

So what you're saying is

I need to become Drew's GF.

Ten pounds for a shirt is still expensive.

Well yeah I suppose but thats what I have to pay! Even Topman run at around £8 a top but they have a horrible fit. I usually end up spending £15-£20 in Zara if I want anything of lasting quality that isnt owned by forty thousand people in the local area :D

I really like that grey/white jacket. Sort of reminds me of the one from Drive, I guess just the shape or something..

I am a California guy and always has been. But for the first time in my life, I would have to brave a frightening don't-want-to-think-about-it WINTER. Brr.

I just moved to Shanghai where temperatures will hit freezing at some point.

Any advice on how to prepare my wardrobe for the winter? And I don't to dress like I'm at a ski resort everyday.

PS: There are good stores here: H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, Me&City

GorillaJu

I am a California guy and always has been. But for the first time in my life, I would have to brave a frightening don't-want-to-think-about-it WINTER. Brr.

I just moved to Shanghai where temperatures will hit freezing at some point.

Any advice on how to prepare my wardrobe for the winter? And I don't to dress like I'm at a ski resort everyday.

PS: There are good stores here: H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, Me&City

Buy a nice scarf, a good thick wool coat, and wear layers. Get Heattech leggings and undershirts from Uniqlo. And gloves - leather with some kind of lining (cashmere is wonderful)

X26

Banned

Go to uniqlo and get a peacoat, fills all your requirements

omgkitty

I really need some undershirts. Mine are starting to get pretty bad, but my issue is that I am very tall (6'5) so normal sized undershirts don't work for me. Part of the issue is that it seems like tall undershirts are almost impossible to find and never fit well, or they just end up shrinking in the wash, making them useless. I have tried several different brands, but they always seem to have super long sleeves which stick out on short sleeve shirts. The only brand I have used that work are Hanes, but they are impossible to find and go for around $20 to $25 for 2 shirts online. Anyone have any recommendations?

Help manshion gaf!

which pair of glasses should I buy between these two?

7ny4av4

http://tumblr.brianmoreno.com/post/13503118409/i-am-stuck-between-these-two-pairs-of-glasses

I already have thick square black frames, and large square green with tortoise, so i felt liek getting a brown pair for more variety would fit.

I'm ordering from eyefly.com, I got a living social deal
See, you have an oval face, so either would work fine. I think there are some benifits and disadvantages with each: the left ones fits the width of your face well, but it also makes it look bigger because of the thick frames; the right ones look like they're too small for the width, but they also make your face look thinner.

CPS2

Does anyone know any websites similar to eastbay.com that ship overseas? There's a jacket i wanted to get but its only sold in USA for some reason.

Alucrid

Banned
Is that the cotton/wool flannel on the right? I picked up the same shirt and sized up one as suggested, but not sure how I'm feeling about the fit.

Yeah. I could have probably gone TTS, but a medium still works. Gonna wash and dry and see how well the fit improves. It's mostly the length though.

Stuck

Yeah. I could have probably gone TTS, but a medium still works. Gonna wash and dry and see how well the fit improves. It's mostly the length though.

Machine dry? I'd be curious to see how that works out. The shirt is a bit long for me as well and a little too large in the neck. Hard to complain given the steep discount, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom