• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Machine dry? I'd be curious to see how that works out. The shirt is a bit long for me as well and a little too large in the neck. Hard to complain given the steep discount, though.

Yeah I'll probably end up tumble drying since I'm fine if it shrinks a lot. I'll report back with the results some time this weekend.

dralla

I was in Macy's today and saw a pair of black Kenneth Cole jeans, they fit great but didn't buy them. They were 60 bucks and I'm regretting it now, I think I may go back and get them on Saturday. It seemed like the whole store was on sale except the KC stuff. I've never had KC jeans before so I was a little hesitant, how are they? worth the 60 bucks?

TxdoHawk

I was in Macy's today and saw a pair of black Kenneth Cole jeans, they fit great but didn't buy them. They were 60 bucks and I'm regretting it now, I think I may go back and get them on Saturday. It seemed like the whole store was on sale except the KC stuff. I've never had KC jeans before so I was a little hesitant, how are they? worth the 60 bucks?

KC isn't worth full price, IMO. The good news is that this time of year, Macy's cranks out the sales one after another. If you wait even a week or two at most, I bet they'll go on sale.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Quick question GAF. Where should a (button down) shirt fall if I'm wearing it untucked? I recently got one shortened since it was way long, it falls right in the middle of my zipper now. It seems a bit short, but I'm not sure. Thought?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Anyone have any experiences buying stuff on ebay? Bought this jacket from some chinese store for cheap and I'm curious to see if anyone has ever had any issues with size/fit.

VXnDRl.jpg

soultron

Banned
Grabbing these J.Shoes boots from JackThreads for $85 shipped.

ChainsawShoeDarkBrownA.jpg

Good deal? Any bad experiences with the J.Shoes brand? It's my first foray into the world of boots. I'm scurred.

Picked up a new cap and sweater this week.

d2693d44.jpg

3889816a.jpg

The Fair Isle grew on me to be honest (though a sale didn't hurt either) and I actually bought the cap while also purchasing another hat for a present.

Where's the sweater from? I rike

Thanks!

JCrew actually. It's the only one I've seen that I actually like - probably the color scheme has something to do with it.

Only thing was that I actually had to get it off the form dummy as they only had an XL left after their sale (mine's a S). Still, I really do like it and it's basically my sweater for Christmas.

Alucrid

Banned
I totally hear you on that one. I'd probably replace them anyway. Good thing there are gussets to keep the lace holes intact, at the very least.

Nah, leather laces are perfectly fine. In fact a lot of people replace the regular laces they get with boots with leather ones instead. Same function, but often times they look better. As for J.Shoes I've never had any experience with the brand.

GloveSlap

Grabbing these J.Shoes boots from JackThreads for $85 shipped.

ChainsawShoeDarkBrownA.jpg

Good deal? Any bad experiences with the J.Shoes brand? It's my first foray into the world of boots. I'm scurred.

I have a pair of J Shoes Desert Boots that I really like. I got them on clearance when the high end American Eagle site went out of business. I forget what the site was called, but the shoes were normally over a $100 but i got them for about $40 shipped. I even bought a 2nd backup pair after I looked over and wore the first pair.

They are comfortable, have lasted a long time, and just get better looking with age.

soultron

Banned
Nah, leather laces are perfectly fine. In fact a lot of people replace the regular laces they get with boots with leather ones instead. Same function, but often times they look better. As for J.Shoes I've never had any experience with the brand.

I have a pair of J Shoes Desert Boots that I really like. I got them on clearance when the high end American Eagle site went out of business. I forget what the site was called, but the shoes were normally over a $100 but i got them for about $40 shipped. I even bought a 2nd backup pair after I looked over and wore the first pair.

They are comfortable, have lasted a long time, and just get better looking with age.

Thanks for your input, gentlemen! c:

Alucrid

Banned
Wait so how exactly do I shrink my tees?

Pretty much all t shirts or button downs will shrink after your first wash or two. It depends on how you wash and dry it though. Hot water and drying it in the dryer lead to more shrinkage, cold water and hang drying to minimal shrinkage.

Non piss tinted pictures

Fucking H&M. I loooove their shit but I only found out now that you can't buy anything from them online. Im away from home right for a while and the closest store is like 200 miles. Fuck.

Anyone know any place I could get this coat online. I would love you forever.

TxdoHawk

FYI, it looks like LEC is doing daily deals for most of December. Shirts and cardigans today. Nothing in the shirts interested me, but I grabbed the one men's cardigan that was 60% off. Of course, if you wait for them to hit the clearance rack next year and a coupon to come by to stack on top, you'll probably pay maybe $10 less, but I wanted one of these for winter.

Fucking H&M. I loooove their shit but I only found out now that you can't buy anything from them online. Im away from home right for a while and the closest store is like 200 miles. Fuck.

Anyone know any place I could get this coat online. I would love you forever.

Your best bet is likely to have someone grab it for you in a store.

Alucrid

Banned
Machine dry? I'd be curious to see how that works out. The shirt is a bit long for me as well and a little too large in the neck. Hard to complain given the steep discount, though.

So yeah

Size medium

Before wash and dry
P2P: 20
Front Length: 16.75
Back: 30

After
P2P:19.75
Front: 16
Back:28.75

FYI, it looks like LEC is doing daily deals for most of December. Shirts and cardigans today. Nothing in the shirts interested me, but I grabbed the one men's cardigan that was 60% off. Of course, if you wait for them to hit the clearance rack next year and a coupon to come by to stack on top, you'll probably pay maybe $10 less, but I wanted one of these for winter.

Your best bet is likely to have someone grab it for you in a store.

well, fuck.

edgefusion

Hey GAF, I have my christmas work-do in a few weeks but I'm having some trouble deciding what kind of trousers to wear. Currently I'm planning on wearing:

Hat
hat.png

Jacket and shirt
top.png

Shoes
shoe.png

I'm thinking of just plain black smart trousers or black denims. I would like to wear dark blue trousers the same as the jacket but I'm worried I won't find the same shade and it'll look odd. What do you think?

Desi

the shoes are horrible, why pick horrible shoes? the hat can go either way.

Wear denim and dress shoes, dress boots, or chelsea boots.

TxdoHawk

I'm thinking of just plain black smart trousers or black denims. I would like to wear dark blue trousers the same as the jacket but I'm worried I won't find the same shade and it'll look odd. What do you think?

Your worries are well-placed. If you almost match the shade and texture without being spot-on, it will look odd.

Personally, I'd go black denim, think it would look better with the shoes than trousers.

entremet

Any of you guys having office holiday parties? I always enjoy them because it allows me to step it up a bit fashion wise since my workplace is casual.

Still thinking about what to wear honestly. Probably just go with a gray suit, brown oxfords with matching belt, green tie, white linen pocket square, and white fitted spread collar shirt.

Alucrid

Banned
Any of you guys having office holiday parties? I always enjoy them because it allows me to step it up a bit fashion wise since my workplace is casual.

Still thinking about what to wear honestly. Probably just go with a gray suit, brown oxfords with matching belt, green tie, white linen pocket square, and white fitted spread collar shirt.

Thank god no I don't.

bob page

Yep, next week- it's my first "real" office party. I think there's gonna be over 3,000 people there w/ unlimited food & drinks.

Do people usually wear festive-type things to events like this?

Alucrid

Banned
Yep, next week- it's my first "real" office party. I think there's gonna be over 3,000 people there w/ unlimited food & drinks.

Do people usually wear festive-type things to events like this?

Reindeer antlers and a red nose will get you laid. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.

Well if your workplace dress is casual then that sounds kind of overdressed to me.. I guess it depends on the venue as well though.

entremet

Well if your workplace dress is casual then that sounds kind of overdressed to me.. I guess it depends on the venue as well though.

Worn a suit at all the previous office parties. Ladies never minded! Most men wear a tie and jacket at least.

HR sends a memo about the ''dress code'' before the party. Basically dress shirts and slacks or chinos for men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom