• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Good to see another Cyclone in here. :p

I agree quite a bit with your outlook on what people wear here, heck, I own a few AE button-ups myself as that is what I see people wearing around here.

The chino/khaki thing will just be a bit hard for me to digest as I don't ever wear that stuff outside of work, nor do any of my friends, so it would be an odd thing just to start wearing that on a daily basis, but I can try to work some in. I thought about just getting some nicer style jeans, with some brown "dressy" shoes and some nice shirts to start with. That alone would be an upgrade over my normal jeans/t-shirt/hat wardrobe. I just need to figure out where to buy such things that doesn't kill my bank account.

Hat? Are you the dude who wears that Indiana jones hat?

Rocksteady33

Good to see another Cyclone in here. :p

I agree quite a bit with your outlook on what people wear here, heck, I own a few AE button-ups myself as that is what I see people wearing around here.

The chino/khaki thing will just be a bit hard for me to digest as I don't ever wear that stuff outside of work, nor do any of my friends, so it would be an odd thing just to start wearing that on a daily basis, but I can try to work some in. I thought about just getting some nicer style jeans, with some brown "dressy" shoes and some nice shirts to start with. That alone would be an upgrade over my normal jeans/t-shirt/hat wardrobe. I just need to figure out where to buy such things that doesn't kill my bank account.

Yeah, now if I only had the cash to go to the Pinstripe bowl this year...

If you're going to get some button up casual shirts than bottom line I would say avoid any stores that brand them with some kind of logo on the chest. It sucks because some of those high school brand stores actually have the occasional nice shirt but they ruin them by branding them with some stupid animal emblem. It automatically associates what you're wearing with that brand and I find it idiotic. Hell, even Ralph Lauren with their Polo logo is a turn off to me even with it being a prestigious brand, but again that's just me. Again J.Crew is somewhat more affordable and they have a nice variety selection of button ups that don't have a logo on it.

As for jeans/khakis debacle, I feel you. I hate going out casually wearing khakis, and am the type to go straight for the jeans. But honestly if you're going to buy jeans you won't be able to find a good pair anywhere locally and you'll likely have to go online. And I don't know about you but I like to try on my jeans before I buy them. If you're really strapped the jeans at Express for men are tolerable and will look good to most people in Ames.

Casual chinos in action

qxmhc.jpg

Milchjon

Does anyone have recomendations for some nice shoes? I've been wearing my Boxfreshs for a long time and can't seem to find anything to follow them up with.

I'm thinking leather, casual, and max. $150 (so some of the standard favorites in this threads are way out of my price range). Not too "booty", although hightops are ok, and wearable through the winter.

Thanks in advance.

Moussi

I've been looking for new websites to shop at for a long time...
Jackthreads is great, but their stuff can vary. Anyone got a place they can recommend that isn't stupid expensive? I've checked out all the places in the OP already, and I need the shit shipped to Canada...

bob page

Jackthreads is great, but their stuff can vary. Anyone got a place they can recommend that isn't stupid expensive? I've checked out all the places in the OP already, and I need the shit shipped to Canada...

Gilt, myHabit, Zara.

Land's End Canvas sale section if there's anything there you like

TxdoHawk

FYI, if anyone else was waiting for Bonobos to restock their new denim, they just did a restock on Rinse (the darkest wash). Their sale is still active due to site problems too, so that's another $~12 off on top of the usual coupons, deal site codes, etc.

With $450.- it's obviously out of your price range but this one caught my eye:
http://www.notcot.com/archives/2011/12/holiday-giveaway-17-revolve-cl.php

They are giving one away on that blog.

JSPA-UY12_V1.jpg

Jack Spade stuff is awesome. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. :|

Alucrid

Banned
So I was cooking breakfast this morning and noticed that my fades are coming in nicely despite only wearing them on weekends.

J4RACl.jpg
SAZowl.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
At the store now buying new pants for work, what color goes best with the dark Grey slightly speckled dress pants? They are Dockers.

Also, got some dark jeans, what shirts do I get?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ended up spending a good amount grabbing some work and casual clothes based on a few suggestions.

Got a pair of khaki and a pair of dark grey work pants, dark purple polo, two button up casual shirts, and some Levi's.

mooooose

Does any one know where I can just get a regular snow leopard print t-shirt? Ideally a normal/baggier fit. Shit just doesn't exist. If I find the fabric could I bring it to a tailor to make me a shirt? I want this shit.

The only leopard print shirts I see are dumb tight "fashion" shirts for dudes. It's sad.

:(

3Ja8z.jpg

Wish I could find any of these...

Does any one know where I can just get a regular snow leopard print t-shirt? Ideally a normal/baggier fit. Shit just doesn't exist. If I find the fabric could I bring it to a tailor to make me a shirt? I want this shit.

The only leopard print shirts I see are dumb tight "fashion" shirts for dudes. It's sad.

:(

3Ja8z.jpg

Wish I could find any of these...

I have one of these:

4rnju.jpg

Gitman x Opening Ceremony. Not sure if they make these anymore.

As far as tees go I know supreme did something like this a while back, and Givenchy makes leopard shit that works as streetwear but it is hilariously expensive.

mooooose

The Preme stuff was Camo Leopard and is also hilariously expensive on the resale market. I want some trill ass Snow Leopard :( or even regular Gold.

_Isaac

That leopard print is getting me dizzy. Actually, most small fine patterns tend to make me dizzy. I remember a while back a coworker was talking to me, and I got teary-eyed from the pattern of his shirt.

Where do you buy good quality plain t-shirts (Or good shirts in general)? I found some by Stafford about 4 months ago and I really like the way they fit, but I don't think they make shirts with any colors. I seem to have a terrible time finding shirts because I can not stand the look of plaid shirts, which every company seems to solely make.

Also what do you guys think of this jacket?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IKJ7OW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Doytch

Thx for the link on the 3-for-1. Picked up the shoe trees; only needed two, but I've got a feeling I'll need the third after Boxing Day.

EXGN

Any suggestions for a nice/affordable pair of black dress shoes? I have a pair of Allen Edmonds that I wear to work but I'm looking for something more casual to go out to bars/clubs at night - preferably some shoes that look good but also aren't gonna break the bank.

Any suggestions for a nice/affordable pair of black dress shoes? I have a pair of Allen Edmonds that I wear to work but I'm looking for something more casual to go out to bars/clubs at night - preferably some shoes that look good but also aren't gonna break the bank.
Bass has some really good and affordable dress shoes.

bob page

What's the best way to get a shoe that's too large to fit better? I just got some new boots in the last in-stock size (for a good deal) but they're about 1/2 size too big. What kind of insoles (or something else) would I need?

Draft

What's the best way to get a shoe that's too large to fit better? I just got some new boots in the last in-stock size (for a good deal) but they're about 1/2 size too big. What kind of insoles (or something else) would I need?
A big thick set of orthopedic insoles will probably make a pair of shoes fit like it was half a size too small.

I just spent about $90 at Express on two shirts, a pair of photographer pants, and some argyle dress socks. I feel bad buying this crap, but it fits so well! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom