• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob page

I just spent about $90 at Express on two shirts, a pair of photographer pants, and some argyle dress socks. I feel bad buying this crap, but it fits so well! :/

Their photographer pants are a pretty good slim-fit. I usually wear them to work when I don't want to mess up my dressier slacks. My only gripe about them is they get dirty pretty easily.

Another question about dress shoes: I used to use those shitty plastic shoe trees before I got some decent ones recently. As a result, some of my shoes have creasing- will continued use of cedar shoe trees help remedy this or is it too late to repair the damage?

GorillaJu

Their photographer pants are a pretty good slim-fit. I usually wear them to work when I don't want to mess up my dressier slacks. My only gripe about them is they get dirty pretty easily.

Another question about dress shoes: I used to use those shitty plastic shoe trees before I got some decent ones recently. As a result, some of my shoes have creasing- will continued use of cedar shoe trees help remedy this or is it too late to repair the damage?

Creasing is normal and if the shoes are full grain leather, it doesn't look bad.

If they're corrected grain (many cheaper shoes, ie Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan and even some Prada), it does damage the leather and cannot be reversed.

Cedar or plastic, it doesn't matter. Corrected grain leather will look like crap eventually.

Acid08

Banned
Good hair styles for curly haired men? I'm 21 and still haven't been able to find a style that fits.

ouidadfriday2-236x300.jpg

Right now my hair looks like this but shorter. Sticks out in every direction with small tight curls. I ain't talkin wavy.

Lirlond

I like to wear walking shoes out and about. Currently on Merrel Intercepts, what is a good way to base clothing around these?

Cheers.

soultron

Banned
Good hair styles for curly haired men? I'm 21 and still haven't been able to find a style that fits.

ouidadfriday2-236x300.jpg

Right now my hair looks like this but shorter. Sticks out in every direction with small tight curls. I ain't talkin wavy.

Makes him look like a boy. Decide whether you want to look like a boy or a man. Being serious.

bob page

Depending on your tastes, JackThreads has a boot specialty sale set up right now.

PM me if you need an invite to JackThreads. (It'll also help me if you use my referral code, to be honest about it.)

I was actually already on there looking at this pair, haha. Thoughts?
http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/4255/products/35808
and this:
http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/4255/products/35823

Can't decide which is better... I'm gonna go check out Nordstrom Rack and DSW tomorrow and if I can't find anything, I'll probably get one of those two pairs.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm looking for a pea coat to replace my winter coat I've had for a few years. I think they look best on taller people, so far I haven't found any that feels like it works for me. I like clothes that are really fitted, since I'm slim. A lot of pea coats are long and large. Having trouble finding the right winter coat:|

edit: I actually like this one, even if it's probably really cheap http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S94FLY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

But without trying it, I can't tell how if it would look too loose.

bob page

I'm looking for a pea coat to replace my winter coat I've had for a few years. I think they look best on taller people, so far I haven't found any that feels like it works for me. I like clothes that are really fitted, since I'm slim. A lot of pea coats are long and large. Having trouble finding the right winter coat:|

edit: I actually like this one, even if it's probably really cheap http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S94FLY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Why the hell is it so cheap?

^thanks macuser, I'll look into the suede ones.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why the hell is it so cheap?

^thanks macuser, I'll look into the suede ones.

Korean clothing is cheap, non-brands. Once in a while you can stumble on something really good for cheap.

soultron

Banned
I was actually already on there looking at this pair, haha. Thoughts?
http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/4255/products/35808
and this:
http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/4255/products/35823

Can't decide which is better... I'm gonna go check out Nordstrom Rack and DSW tomorrow and if I can't find anything, I'll probably get one of those two pairs.

I definitely have my eyes on the Chainsaws as well! c:

I can't really get into the docker-style boots with the strange upper-/outward-facing stitching at the toe, personally.

I'd go with the Chainsaws. I know I'm getting them this Friday for myself!

LordCanti

I've been considering some of their clothing for a while now. I'd just hate to have to ship it back though, if it doesn't fit.

So cheap though... and they certainly photograph well (which doesn't mean a whole lot, but still).

Oh yeah, 20% wool. What percentage is herringbone usually?
Herringbone is just the pattern, could be any fiber, silk, wool, etc... It being 60% polyester isn't really a good... While polyester can be manufactured to a high standard and have value in certain cloths/applications, usually the combo of cheap+extruded fiber is a bad sign IMO.

Are there any Chinese brands where I can find a decent bomber's jacket? I've looked at K-Boxing and Septwolves and all their stuff is kinda iffy

5212462111212_Navy_l1.jpg

Thoughts (if any?) I need a shirt for saturday and dont have a chance to pick up anything in a brick an mortar place. On sale for £20 (down for £55) so atleast it beats buying a cheap one of asos I guess.

^ I like the peacoat more, couldn't tell you why though.

guidop

coats.jpg

So I'm getting measured for a jacket soon but can't decide between a peacoat or duffle. Thoughts?

Peacoat all the way. looks far better paired with a shirt. A peacoat is far more versitile imo you don't have to take it off when your inside. I feel that a duffle is something you definitely take off inside and is more of a outside keep the cold out a to b type of jacket. that its function trumps it style if you will even though a duffle jacket looks boss. Where as I the peacoat works the other way

bob page

coats.jpg

So I'm getting measured for a jacket soon but can't decide between a peacoat or duffle. Thoughts?

Depending on your height, I'd avoid the duffle. I only think that they work well with people who are 6ft+, because otherwise, they make you look smaller than they really are. They're less versatile as pea coats, too.

Desi

Pea Coats are total bitch even if I own a couple. All about them Duffles! We trying to go Dead Poets Society on crooks. I would love to get that ToJ one but I made a pact with myself that I have a $300 limit on any clothing purchase. Life if hard man.

Alucrid

Banned
Pea Coats are total bitch even if I own a couple. All about them Duffles! We trying to go Dead Poets Society on crooks. I would love to get that ToJ one but I made a pact with myself that I have a $300 limit on any clothing purchase. Life if hard man.

Finally a post siding with the duffle. :lol

This is more or less a point a to b for my daily walk to and from work and o figured that a suit jacket would layer under it far better than a peacoat. Plus ot is going to be mtm so the length of the coat is adjustable so it looks proportional despite being only 5'8"

I think that the new TOJ duffle/peacot is really underwhelming. I think that the collar of the peacot and the leather on top of the pockets of the duffles are off.

This year i choosed the APC duffle, and a burrberry peacot which is really short (just under the belt)

sfedai0

Banned
Where do you guys go to tailor your clothing? I have a nice Ben Sherman winter coat that I've had for the last 3 years but have avoided wearing it for a while due to it being slightly baggy. I'd like it to hug the body more.

Any deals going on for boots?

Depending on your tastes, JackThreads has a boot specialty sale set up right now.

PM me if you need an invite to JackThreads. (It'll also help me if you use my referral code, to be honest about it.)

I don't want to use my RW Gentleman Travelers everyday in the snow, so have been looking for something relatively inexpensive.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/MontroseAlpineBoot~227291_-1.html

Just ordered a pair of these. With promotion code SANTA (pin 1212), cost me about $60 shipped. I've usually been happy with Lands End Canvas quality and if these are bad, I'll just return them to my local Sears.

It is hard finding boots that have traction for snow and not very busy on the details front.

coats.jpg

Duffle for sure.

Not the best quality pic (using my phone), but I wear this:
20b10a40.jpg

It's a Levi's navy duffle coat that I got on sale last year at Bloomingdales. Very warm and comfy and has kept the rain off. And yes, I often use the chest pockets for either my hands or my keys (usually in the right pocket).

bob page

I don't want to use my RW Gentleman Travelers everyday in the snow, so have been looking for something relatively inexpensive.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/MontroseAlpineBoot~227291_-1.html

Just ordered a pair of these. With promotion code SANTA (pin 1212), cost me about $60 shipped. I've usually been happy with Lands End Canvas quality and if these are bad, I'll just return them to my local Sears.

It is hard finding boots that have traction for snow and not very busy on the details front.
Cool, I'm debating between these two pairs now:
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Laceu...X_Men-_-ShoesAccessories-_-Shoes&origin=index - $70 shipped
http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/4255/products/35808 - $100 shipped

So indecisive!

bob page

both are pretty nice. i like the land's end boots...did you have some sort of extra coupon code to get them below their listed price?

Yeah, it was posted above: SANTA, 1212.

The only problem with the Land's End ones is that they don't have them in my exact size, I would have to risk ordering it a half-size too small.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

There's something about a duffle that I've always liked; it's the type of coat that tends to have a bit of personality. Having one made just for your size easily pushes it over the top for me. I guess peacoats are... reliable, but for the most part, seeing a guy with one on practically makes me have to stifle a yawn.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Alucrid

Banned
There's something about a duffle that I've always liked; it's the type of coat that tends to have a bit of personality. Having one made just for your size easily pushes it over the top for me. I guess peacoats are... reliable, but for the most part, seeing a guy with one on practically makes me have to stifle a yawn.

Duffle for sure.

Not the best quality pic (using my phone), but I wear this:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/20b10a40.jpg[IMG]

It's a Levi's navy duffle coat that I got on sale last year at Bloomingdales. Very warm and comfy and has kept the rain off. And yes, I often use the chest pockets for either my hands or my keys (usually in the right pocket).[/QUOTE]

Thanks dufflebros, that's what I'm gonna go with.

Just a heads up to anyone who used the SANTA 1212 code I posted the other day for Lands End Canvas.

There is now a new code, DONNER. Pin: 1585. This is for 40% off + free shipping. I spoke to them over chat and they did a price adjustment. Saved a few more dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom