• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I think undershirts are awful, when i was slightly overweight they gave me confidence going out / at work.. now i have a solid chest from gymming i regret not working out earlier. Undershirts aren't for confident people, sorry guys.

:lol

what the fuck is this?

Point is wearing or not wearing one is fine. If you do wear one don't let it show.

I got a new suit cause I'm going to my cousin's wedding next month and it's a big deal... I don't have a great deal of knowledge for fashion, but what I do know about it is that it's light/medium grey, Ralph Lauren, and made of fine wool (it's still at the shop cause it needed some minor adjustments).

I just had a couple questions cause I wanna look decent for this thing. What colours go well with light grey? Right now I'll probably just wear a plain white or pinstriped white shirt and a black/grey tie with a sort of cross-line pattern thing. Think that'll be alright? Should I spice it up?

Also, what are your thoughts about getting a waistcoat of a contrasting colour like navy or black? Yes or no? I'm leaning towards no, but I've never worn one, so I am curious.

I'd like to get some thoughts on these shoes. I've been looking for a new pair of casual shoes and I'd had my eye on these but I just want some opinions.

oGKuh.jpg

Look good, got a link?

Draft

Undershirt talk is weird. If its really cold or really hot ill wear an undershirt. Sometimes ill wear one just because.

I got a new suit cause I'm going to my cousin's wedding next month and it's a big deal... I don't have a great deal of knowledge for fashion, but what I do know about it is that it's light/medium grey, Ralph Lauren, and made of fine wool (it's still at the shop cause it needed some minor adjustments).

I just had a couple questions cause I wanna look decent for this thing. What colours go well with light grey? Right now I'll probably just wear a plain white or pinstriped white shirt and a black/grey tie with a sort of cross-line pattern thing. Think that'll be alright? Should I spice it up?

Also, what are your thoughts about getting a waistcoat of a contrasting colour like navy or black? Yes or no? I'm leaning towards no, but I've never worn one, so I am curious.

That's so boring. You definitely need to spice it up with a nice, colored tie. I wore my sharkskin suit today, and I paired with a tonal striped white shirt and a fine-textured burgundy tie. It looked ace and I got a ton of compliments.

EDIT: Pumas are a joke if you're older than 20 years old. I'd take some classic/clean Vans over some Pumas without hesitation.

Draft

But when I don't wear an undershirt and it's casual time, you know some of my chest hairs are peaking out. Haters can get trimmed.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I need some tips on layering clothes; trying build a little more chic into my wardrobe. The extent of my layering involves a button-up shirt under a blazer, or a T-shirt under a sweater. Not very sophisticated, but I would like to start building a more versatile wardrobe.

_Isaac

So I need some tips on layering clothes; trying build a little more chic into my wardrobe. The extent of my layering involves a button-up shirt under a blazer, or a T-shirt under a sweater. Not very sophisticated, but I would like to start building a more versatile wardrobe.

Do you wear an undershirt under your button-up shirt?

eosos

Banned
I think undershirts are awful, when i was slightly overweight they gave me confidence going out / at work.. now i have a solid chest from gymming i regret not working out earlier. Undershirts aren't for confident people, sorry guys.

But I'm healthy as fuck.

That's so boring. You definitely need to spice it up with a nice, colored tie. I wore my sharkskin suit today, and I paired with a tonal striped white shirt and a fine-textured burgundy tie. It looked ace and I got a ton of compliments.

EDIT: Pumas are a joke if you're older than 20 years old. I'd take some classic/clean Vans over some Pumas without hesitation.

A... red tie?

I mean, it's dipped in the blood of my enemies, but solid deep red.

I do have a lot of other ties, but they're a bit skinnier that I don't wear often.

I have a striped grey/red/blue tie. That might work. What shirt colour would go well with it? I could grab a new shirt from The Bay or Moore's or something.

_Isaac

Can we get a picture of you in your sharkskin?

Draft

BTW, this is way late but let me toss this out to my fashion peeps.

Hugh and Crye is a shirt maker based in DC. The shirts look good and fit great. You need to figure out your size using their system, but it's not very complicated. I'm about 6'2", 210, kind of muscular but also kind of fat, and their tall/broad fits me like a glove.

Anyway they are having a sale until tomorrow at 1 PM EST.

Buy 2 shirts, get $15 off each (use code Two15)
Buy 3 shirts, get $20 off each (use code Three20)
Buy 4 shirts, get $30 off each (use code Four30)

http://www.hughandcrye.com/

Alucrid

Banned
BTW, this is way late but let me toss this out to my fashion peeps.

Hugh and Crye is a shirt maker based in DC. The shirts look good and fit great. You need to figure out your size using their system, but it's not very complicated. I'm about 6'2", 210, kind of muscular but also kind of fat, and their tall/broad fits me like a glove.

Anyway they are having a sale until tomorrow at 1 PM EST.

Buy 2 shirts, get $15 off each (use code Two15)
Buy 3 shirts, get $20 off each (use code Three20)
Buy 4 shirts, get $30 off each (use code Four30)

http://www.hughandcrye.com/

Eh, not tapered enough for my tastes.

Raziel

R2Jval.jpg

Undershirt - YES
Chest Hair - NO
Visible Undershirt - NO

It's not that hard
lol

really though i dont think anyone cares if theres a visible undershirt under an american eagle style plaid like this and youre just out running errands or whatever.

if youre trying to dress it up for like a nice dinner or something, then yeah non-visible looks best.

DominoKid

I reeeeeeeeeeeally wish Uniqlo did online orders. I'm not too fond of the idea of a phone order. Anyone w/ experience ordering from them?

Thinking of picking up a few things next month.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Thanks for all the polo/undershirt tips folks. I'll try to grab some v-necks to go under them from now on. Also I do have lighter colors too, but I've always drifted towards darker ones because they look "sharper" to me for some reason (and black pants look way less wrinkled, damn ironing). I get the skin tone thought though.

Another question. I finally got darker jeans, and am in the process of getting some brown shoes to go with them, but I need more shirts. What are some nice shirts to wear with darker jeans that can go untucked? I am not inherently against tucking, but it looks really odd on me when I tuck things into jeans.

Desi

I reeeeeeeeeeeally wish Uniqlo did online orders. I'm not too fond of the idea of a phone order. Anyone w/ experience ordering from them?

Thinking of picking up a few things next month.
they do not do phone orders anymore in the US. Your best bet is to get Suddenlee (a NY proxy service) to make the trip out to the store and pick up what you want. They are very good at what they do.

Yeah, undershirts are for soaking up your human juices so I'm all for it.

And I have some scars on my upper chest that I don't like to show :/

bob page

Is it just me or do a lot of their photos show a shirt that doesn't fit the model? Way too many shots are far too tight in the chest (the fabric stretches and folds from the shoulder to the second-to-top button).

It's just you. Looks perfectly fine to me (and far better than a billowing saggy shirt).

Desi

I am looking forward to the CP New editions line. Tres Bien went to say that they should sell for $150+ not the $150 wholesale that sufu was talking about.

Visceir

Pardon the "shine", flash caught the reflective material. Anyways, couldn't resist the Friday J.Crew sale (30% off purchase) and wanted the 1400s in the navy. They originally weren't going to honor the sale price, but since I had told them that the website allowed the discount, they did it in store.

60396369.jpg

Probably my favorite new casual sneaker right now.

Jacob Palmer: Are you Steve Jobs?
Cal Weaver: What?
Jacob Palmer: Hold on a second! Are you the billionaire owner of Apple computers?
Cal Weaver: No!
Jacob Palmer: Oh, okay. Well, in that case you got no right to wear new balance sneakers, ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwjcpEEkPs

man, did Ryan Gosling look boss in that movie.

Jacob Palmer: Are you Steve Jobs?
Cal Weaver: What?
Jacob Palmer: Hold on a second! Are you the billionaire owner of Apple computers?
Cal Weaver: No!
Jacob Palmer: Oh, okay. Well, in that case you got no right to wear new balance sneakers, ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwjcpEEkPs

man, did Ryan Gosling look boss in that movie.
That whole part of the movie is required watching for the forever alone or fashion noob crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom