• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thanks for the recommendations!

The nordstrom rack up there, at least a few years ago, would usually have to boot footwear at damn good prices. Sometimes gaudy but there are gems to be found...

For casual goodness, I agree with the above that a brogue boot or shoe should serve you well.

damn, anyone want some 36R/S marc jacobs collection suits for cheap (petrol blue cotton, dark blue thin wale velvet cord)? due to gym time they are too small in the shoulders now :(

Any place where I can get some good quality skinny ties in various colors?
define skinny? 2.5"? beauties ltd has a wide selection (some gaudy as fuck) at decent prices. quality is ok.

for higher end shit i am a fan of RL black label, though iirc they are all 3", which is thin enough ime. much thinner doesn't really work unless your suit matches or you're going for a very specific look.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
define skinny? 2.5"? beauties ltd has a wide selection (some gaudy as fuck) at decent prices. quality is ok.

for higher end shit i am a fan of RL black label, though iirc they are all 3", which is thin enough ime. much thinner doesn't really work unless your suit matches or you're going for a very specific look.

Yeah, 2.5". I have a couple specific looks I'm looking to achieve and wanted to grab a couple of them. I'll check out RL and Beauties. Thanks a ton!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Doytch

The Tie Bar is amazing. I've started wearing ties casually just cause they're so cheap and such an easy way to set your shirt & jeans/pants apart. Knits, cottons, wools, been happy with every single purchase and I recommend it whenever the topic comes up with friends.

And macuser1of5, can you PM pics of that blue cotton one?

eh, don't get a black suit*. a nice pair of dressier boots would be a good idea.

*I had a nice peak lapel 1 button costume national suit that I wore... 3 times. Black suits are usually poor stand-ins for a tux or a nice charcoal/dark navy suit. You really won't get much use out of it IMO.

Visceir

Do any of you know any good blogs for more casual looks? Most of the ones I find are too dressed up looks/suits.

Hmm, not sure if it qualifies but I've been meaning to share (again) this site for a while:

www.fashionbeans.com

They got all sorts of cool articles on basics, trends and guides, plus various streetstyle pictures. Or just tips and recommendations on how to take care of your clothes.

Budget Lookbook: American Prep
The FashionBeans Guide To: Winter Layering
Knitwear Care: How To Wash Your Knitwear
Ryan Gosling: Style Icon
Men’s Style Icons: Jon Kortajarena

They usually feature quite a few examples and recommendations for individual clothing pieces for how to achieve that specific look, each of them with links to online stores.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My Land's End Canvas boots arrived. I'll post pics in a bit. I ordered size 11, my usual size in pretty much everything, but they're about a size to a size and a half too big. :/

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
My Land's End Canvas boots arrived. I'll post pics in a bit. I ordered size 11, my usual size in pretty much everything, but they're about a size to a size and a half too big. :/

I usually wear 9 in Chucks and I'm going to order the 8.5. Sound ok?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Should be. I would return mine, but the site doesn't have 10.5s. :( I guess I can stuff the end with a sock or something. lol

Thanks. Fuck, the Donner code doesn't work anymore. Are there any others floating around?

edit: I chatted them and told them, they said to go ahead and place the order and they'll apply the discount afterwards. fyi for anyone ordering them.

bob page

Feels bad man. :(

Edit: So how would I go about caring for these boots? What kind of wax, polish, etc. do I need? Shoe tree?

Boots typically look better when they're worn out, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and I usually size down a full size on my boots compared to what I get for sneakers (9.5 vs. 10.5, 10 for dress shoes).

Alucrid

Banned
so I just bought APC petit standards, size 28, I can never wash these guys right?

Wash'em however whenever. They won't unravel at the seams if you do.

I think I might post some evo pics of some leather / jeans Friday since I have off and will actually be home when there's sunlight outside.

bowery

Alrighty, and what's the whole deal with going into the ocean in raw denim that I hear people doing? What does that accomplish

Alucrid

Banned
Alrighty, and what's the whole deal with going into the ocean in raw denim that I hear people doing? What does that accomplish

Nothing different than a regular soak or wash. Could be a little more fun. The closest beach I live near is jersey though, so yeah, not doing that.

UJd6vl.jpg

My sister gave this to me as a birthday present. Nice little watch.

Speaking of watches, I've been trying to find a nice simple metallic watch with only two hands on it and two numbers for date.

I can't find any which aren't ridiculously expensive (which you would think it would be the other way around).
Probably want to spend $250.x

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm looking for a pea coat to replace my winter coat I've had for a few years. I think they look best on taller people, so far I haven't found any that feels like it works for me. I like clothes that are really fitted, since I'm slim. A lot of pea coats are long and large. Having trouble finding the right winter coat:|

edit: I actually like this one, even if it's probably really cheap http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S94FLY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

But without trying it, I can't tell how if it would look too loose.

So I actually bought this. For the price, I'm really satisfied. It suits me really well, fits well (too tight if I raise my arms up, but otherwise perfect, I was afraid it would be too loose which never suits me well). I'm also pleased that it is darker than in the pictures, it's more charcoal than gray.

The interior "collar" is just that, an interior collar, not a full double interior.
I expected some of the pockets to be fake, but no they are all actual pockets.
Not very warm though, so good for fall/spring but obviously not for winter.

So it looks good on me, was cheap, I'm happy.

bob page

So I actually bought this. For the price, I'm really satisfied. It suits me really well, fits well (too tight if I raise my arms up, but otherwise perfect, I was afraid it would be too loose which never suits me well). I'm also pleased that it is darker than in the pictures, it's more charcoal than gray.

The interior "collar" is just that, an interior collar, not a full double interior.
I expected some of the pockets to be fake, but no they are all actual pockets.
Not very warm though, so good for fall/spring but obviously not for winter.

So it looks good on me, was cheap, I'm happy.

Any pics?

I got my Penguin oxfords today (the ones that were $40 each, got both black & brown)... such a steal at that price. Love the slim fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom