• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookje

how much are you wanting to spend? Varvatos, To Boot, and a couple of other brands have some boots out right now that look like that. check parkandbond.com. I think they're about $400-$500 ATM.

I'm willing to spend $500ish. I like the Varvatos ones, anything similar to some Buttero though?

vWRZD.jpg

I missed the train on the W+H and Buttero ones :/

h_a_t

Need recommendations for a suit and shoes to be worn at a wedding in a couple of weeks.
I'm trying to keep it under $300 for the suit and $100 for the shoes.
If anything, I'd prefer to make the purchase at a store/shop I can physically go to (Houston, TX).

Thanks ahead of time.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Need recommendations for a suit and shoes to be worn at a wedding in a couple of weeks.
I'm trying to keep it under $300 for the suit and $100 for the shoes.
If anything, I'd prefer to make the purchase at a store/shop I can physically go to (Houston, TX).

Thanks ahead of time.

H&M, get it tailored afterword. You might be able to find a J.Crew suit for under $300 if you can get a coupon.

I'm willing to spend $500ish. I like the Varvatos ones, anything similar to some Buttero though?

vWRZD.jpg

I missed the train on the W+H and Buttero ones :/
Aside from buttero itself :p, maybe wolverine 1000 miles?

Higher up the $$$ chain Neil Barrett often has nice beat up boots,and of course there is always augusta :p

Dunno, distressed stuff like that really isn't my dept.

Alucrid

Banned
Aside from buttero itself :p, maybe wolverine 1000 miles?

Higher up the $$$ chain Neil Barrett often has nice beat up boots,and of course there is always augusta :p

Dunno, distressed stuff like that really isn't my dept.

I think the 1000 miles might be a bit too large and clunky for what he's looking for.

The Clark's would probably look better if the jeans were a bit shorter (and maybe a bit more slim). Also, I hope those are straight leg.

Indeed the jeans are straight leg (Levi's 514 selvedge) and hopefully they'll shrink after I wash them - been working on them off and on for a year now, but they're not ready yet. All of my jeans are straight to slim fit in general as well.

I also tend to cuff my jeans, so I'll be cuffing them when I wear them with my APCs on Christmas Eve.

And yes, I'll try to avoid wearing them in the rain - have my pair of Red Wing 875s for that. o(^▽^)o

Alucrid

Banned
Indeed the jeans are straight leg (Levi's 514 selvedge) and hopefully they'll shrink after I wash them - been working on them off and on for a year now, but they're not ready yet. All of my jeans are straight to slim fit in general as well.

I also tend to cuff my jeans, so I'll be cuffing them when I wear them with my APCs on Christmas Eve.

And yes, I'll try to avoid wearing them in the rain - have my pair of Red Wing 875s for that. o(^▽^)o

Well, they're not stf or else you wouldn't be wearing them right now, so they won't really shrink.

Anyone ever accidently say something fashion related and instantly regret it?
Was at a house party the other week with my gf,her sister and her bf among other friends and for some reason what shoes he (the BF) was wearing came up.

Him:"yeah there new, nice right?" to everyone
Me: "Oh yeah nice clarks"
Everyone else:"huh?"
Me: "the shoes, they are clarks dessert boots right?"
Him "huh are they?"
(at this point people are looking at me like what the hell)
Me "er well yeah they are in the style of clarks dessert boots, I would have some but I dont think they suit me."

GF then starts laughing at me because "Even I dont know what type of shoe they are!"

That was akward.
/pointless story

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone ever accidently say something fashion related and instantly regret it?
Was at a house party the other week with my gf,her sister and her bf among other friends and for some reason what shoes he (the BF) was wearing came up.

Him:"yeah there new, nice right?" to everyone
Me: "Oh yeah nice clarks"
Everyone else:"huh?"
Me: "the shoes, they are clarks dessert boots right?"
Him "huh are they?"
(at this point people are looking at me like what the hell)
Me "er well yeah they are in the style of clarks dessert boots, I would have some but I dont think they suit me."

GF then starts laughing at me because "Even I dont know what type of shoe they are!"

That was akward.
/pointless story

The majority of people I know are blissfully fashion ignorant so I keep that talk to forums. Unless it's a piece of clothing that signals that they definitely care abut fashion.

I've definitely been stopped and asked about clothing more so than I've done however.

Having trouble deciding on a parka. I'm not sure whether I want something lightweight or not. And also whether to play it safe with a dark blue or go a little more adventurous/traditional with a green. The last two aren't parkas but I like them anyway.

FnD88l.jpg
VHGl1l.jpg
TUzWfl.jpg
chg91l.jpg
sd7fJl.jpg
aJZhdl.jpg

Burberry London has a ton of good outerwear. I like it. Are you looking for a versatile coat or something specific?

I actually already bought that coat yesterday, I need to do some tailoring on it (I'm 6ft 4inches, have to extended the sleeves and make it a bit fitter, the size 44 is like for someone whose pregnant)

So I'm just wondering what you guys thought of it before I tailor it

Alucrid

Banned
I actually already bought that coat yesterday, I need to do some tailoring on it (I'm 6ft 4inches, have to extended the sleeves and make it a bit fitter, the size 44 is like for someone whose pregnant)

I spent less on a mtm jacket and coat. Personally i wouldnt have paid that much

Post a pic.

By 44 I assume you mean 54 eu. Maybe the next size down is better? If I'm spending a good amount on something I try to avoid major surgery to the ga rment.

Not sure how much you can let the sleeves out, usually it's just an inch or so. So yeah post a pic for analysis lol.

Re: the parka, IMO blue can be dressed up more than green. Really the only difference outside of preference.

bob page

About the same price shipped after a coupon. Yes/No?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/clearance/mens-shoes/casual/83117852-apilado/36

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/clearance/mens-shoes/casual/84398713-feigenbaum/28

Aldo's having a sale, but their stuff has been picked to the bone at this point. If I didn't wear an usually large size, there'd be nothing left.

I don't really like either. You're better off waiting for some chukkas at Gilt or Ruelala if you want some decent ones for cheap, given Aldo's quality sucks.

These are probably a better option if their coupon is still active:
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Chukk...X_Men-_-ShoesAccessories-_-Shoes&origin=index

Bureburry is fucking expensive but it's really quality.
I have a black trenchcoat and it's still awesome after several dry cleaning.
A little warning about the sizing tho if you order online, I would size down by 1 or 2.

LordCanti

bob page

The max I'm willing to spend on myself is probably $50, considering all the money I've already spent on gifts. What percentage off was the coupon?

I think it was 40% and free shipping, posted a few pages back.

If I were to ever get a Burberry coat, this would be it (only $2200 -_-):

esq-04-coat-xlg.jpg

If I was mad enough to spend $1700 on a coat Id damn well be in the shop trying that thing on and would expect a free tailoring service out the them!
Online order for that much!? hell no!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Of the choices you posted; Top left, bottom right.

For what it's worth, I often think I'm the only member of Manshion-GAF that is riding the budget train.

Thanks. Leaning heavily towards bottom right at the moment.

I find it hard to justify spending over £100 on any item of clothing, except obviously for suits or a proper coat.

If I was mad enough to spend $1700 on a coat Id damn well be in the shop trying that thing on and would expect a free tailoring service out the them!
Online order for that much!? hell no!

I didn't online order, and the tailoring was free

It will be ready on Saturday. They aren't doing a lot of work, just bringing it in a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom