• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeworld

Both ways can look good, but IMO the cuff should be about 4 cm long.

utxcx.jpg

Um0dM.jpg

those actually don't look that bad. Probably because you can't really tell since the inside is the same colour as the outside.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
The reason my cuff was smaller is cuz I'm pretty short, 5'7, so bigger cuffs don't give me any favors in that department lol.

Karram

Can any one point me to a good online store that sells Nike sneakers or Jordans ? Most stores aren't offering any discounts or deals.

Doytch

Allen Edmonds Neumok in blue leather. Would it be possible to pull this off with shorts? I know I'd never try it with my black wingtips, but something about the blue leather and red laces leads me to believe you could rock these in the summer, instead of the typical loafers.

Allen Edmonds Neumok in blue leather. Would it be possible to pull this off with shorts? I know I'd never try it with my black wingtips, but something about the blue leather and red laces leads me to believe you could rock these in the summer, instead of the typical loafers.
I think tan & red laces would be more versatile but blue would look fine, depending on what you wear

raw denimz
I'm close to doing the unthinkable and going jeans free this next year, just to see if I can.

bob page

Ermac's boots are nice, but his photo reminded me of a question.

How many of you roll your jeans/pants up like he does in the pic? What do you think of it? I don't do it, and I personally think it looks somewhat juvenile. (no offense ermac, bro) My mother used to do it for me when I was like 5.

I thought people usually cuff pants when wearing boots. Then again, I just got my first pair of boots, so I have no idea how to wear them either.

By the way, the Chainsaws are awesome- ill post up pics later.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
what is your $$ limit? I would say a classic peacoat in charcoal or navy would be a good intro choice. sterlingwear makes them in the $250 range iirc.

That's a bit on the high end, but doable. Anything around $150? I just am tired of my regular Columbia and hate the collar that sticks up. Something that goes well with jeans, as well as dressy clothes (khakis, etc) would be good.

That's a bit on the high end, but doable. Anything around $150? I just am tired of my regular Columbia and hate the collar that sticks up. Something that goes well with jeans, as well as dressy clothes (khakis, etc) would be good.
any well fitting peacoat should be OK, but IME at $150 retail you'll have difficulty getting something that looks 'nice'. hit up discount sites and such. you know roughly what size you are?

oh and alucrid i heard you like camo print lulz:
http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/short-sleeve-shirt_cod38244886ke.html

Alucrid

Banned
any well fitting peacoat should be OK, but IME at $150 retail you'll have difficulty getting something that looks 'nice'. hit up discount sites and such. you know roughly what size you are?

oh and alucrid i heard you like camo print lulz:
http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/short-sleeve-shirt_cod38244886ke.html

glorious. when society falls i shall stand supreme in both style and survival with that digital camo shirt and camo varsity.

as for waywt, no camera here :|

PBJ xx007
Muji tshirt
Strike gold loopwheel sweatshirt

soultron

Banned
Going to try to assemble a complete mad men ish suit and shoes for a wedding at the very end of January. Think I can get a decent tailored jacket and pants for under $600 CAD?

:lol suicide mission

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I found a double breasted Perry Ellis jacket at Dilliards that was on sale for about that much. You might check your local stores for a Christmas sale.

Any stores that have after christmas sales today or this week? I live nearby pretty much everything including J. Crew, Jack Spade, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and so on. I would shop online like on Gilt or whatever but I only do that as a last resort because size for me can be a tricky thing at my height.

Draft

Any stores that have after christmas sales today or this week? I live nearby pretty much everything including J. Crew, Jack Spade, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and so on. I would shop online like on Gilt or whatever but I only do that as a last resort because size for me can be a tricky thing at my height.
Brooks Brothers sale today. Good deal on their ultra slim dress shirts. 4 will run about $150.

Alucrid

Banned
new sweatshirt that feels like i'm rubbing kittens all over my body, is incredibly warm and adds +2 points to my old asian grandfather status

Abbsul.jpg

Hey guys, question: I got a new dark gray shirt today (it's twill... whatever that means), with the tiny buttons that pin down the collar. Think the dark gray with a navy suit will look alright? Since the shirt's buttons are brown, I was gonna throw on a dark brown tie, but I have no idea if that would look okay. Otherwise I'd go with burgundy or something else.

God, I know nothing about clothing.

Alucrid

Banned
Hey guys, question: I got a new dark gray shirt today (it's twill... whatever that means), with the tiny buttons that pin down the collar. Think the dark gray with a navy suit will look alright? Since the shirt's buttons are brown, I was gonna throw on a dark brown tie, but I have no idea if that would look okay. Otherwise I'd go with burgundy or something else.

God, I know nothing about clothing.

Pics would help, but navy, dark grey then brown ontop seems kinda drab.

So any style resolutions for Fashion GAF. I need to step up my eBay, thrifting game.

continue my jeans and t-shirt kick.

I'm also growing my hair out long. really fucking long.

So any style resolutions for Fashion GAF. I need to step up my eBay, thrifting game.
I need rebuy suits and blazers. I bulked up and no longer fit in most of them ;_;.

1. drain my closet of shit I don't wear.

2. stick to grey, brown, white and blue.

3. no jeans all year

4. pare my closet down to casual and formal business shit. I kind of either feel comfortable in pants and sneakers or a suit and oxfords. blazers and odd trousers etc I just don't feel right in for some reason.

Pretty much anything. They're super casual pants.
I suppose I need shoe advice in general then. I have a collection of those slipper like shoes and a few formal leather pairs but most of my stuff is very casual

Most of it seems to go better with shorts. None of it really looks right with the pants

I suppose I need shoe advice in general then. I have a collection of those slipper like shoes and a few formal leather pairs but most of my stuff is very casual

Most of it seems to go better with shorts. None of it really looks right with the pants
chinos, depending on material/cut/color etc look fine with suede shoes (or something like rachel comey oxfords, first thing that comes to mind, not super shiny sleek dress shoes) or nicer sneakers. they are kind of more 'dressy' than jeans so keep that in mind.

ie chinos with this:
Rchao.jpg

or

F8zia.gif

vs

8AKSo.jpg

or

VKf8P.jpg

kind of extreme examples but you get the idea.

Ripclawe

Banned
looking into the jackets, the ebay seller says asian sizes are smaller than typical American, so if I am an XXL good choice to take a 4XL?

Visceir

looking into the jackets, the ebay seller says asian sizes are smaller than typical American, so if I am an XXL good choice to take a 4XL?

Do they even have 4XL?

They most likely have measurements for each size. I usually wear M, but ordered an L size jacket, it was too short and too wide and somehow I doubt you'll even find XXL sizes for most stuff.

All that cheap asian stuff is made out of rather thin materials and isn't suited for winter weather.

As I mentioned above, I ordered a jacket, I had to get it tailored but it's quite nice now and I'm happy with it. Can't wear it in winter weather though.

Alucrid

Banned
It's funny, I actually ordered two pairs of slim dress pants from one of those korean fashion sites and the fabric is actually pretty decent and they've held up pretty well for two years or so. :lol

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

If you wear an XXL, those jackets aren't going to look good on you in the first place (and I don't say that under any assumption you're fat; you may be a very tall, muscular guy). They're made for small, slim people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom