• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Years Eve's outfits! What are you guys rocking?

I'm doing a black suit (fuck the rules), pale blue shirt, no tie, minimal striped pocket square, and some black cap toes.

Imma try to post a pic tomorrow. What are you guys gonna be rolling in?

Black blazer , pale blue shirt , bow tie, skinny black jeans, ph sneaks.

careful

I think I'll rock a tie this year. I got a casual tie earlier this fall but never found an appropriate occasion to wear it. lol
Fuck that shit, this is New Years, I'm going all out!
DROPPING THIRTY THOUSAND
sweater vest
white shirt
casual bowtie
dark jeans

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
I think I'll rock a tie this year. I got a casual tie earlier this fall but never found an appropriate occasion to wear it. lol
DROPPING THIRTY THOUSAND
sweater vest
white shirt
casual tie
dark jeans

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean wearing a shirt/tie every day?

I'm definitely more interested in a more traditional, preppy style as of late but that's partly because I'm also getting to the point where I'm too old to want to look like some urban hipster.

My big style decision this new year? Wearing glasses.

DROPPING THIRTY THOUSAND
sweater vest
white shirt
casual tie
dark jeans

careful's New Years attire makes 'da ladies panties get wet

Desi

New Years Eve's outfits! What are you guys rocking?

I'm doing a black suit (fuck the rules), pale blue shirt, no tie, minimal striped pocket square, and some black cap toes.

Imma try to post a pic tomorrow. What are you guys gonna be rolling in?

just a black sweater, white hidden placket shirt, grey trousers, and black wingtips.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For Mancessories-GAF, which wallet do you prefer?

PVNp5.jpg

or

sBVON.jpg

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Nay on those wallets, unles you want to carry your cash in a billboard.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Bottega Veneta? :p

What's a recommendable luxury wallet?

Wallets are the best way to move into the handmade designer market without breaking the bank.

Go down to your local independent designer spot, browse around and walk away with a hand stitched leather wallet reasonably priced, and your supporting grass-roots fashion designers.

ULTROS!

Wallets are the best way to move into the handmade designer market without breaking the bank.

Go down to your local independent designer spot, browse around and walk away with a hand stitched leather wallet reasonably priced, and your supporting grass-roots fashion designers.

I don't think there are much wallet makers here. They're mostly retail. So handmade is out of the question unless I inspect closer around the provincial towns (don't go there too often).

Most independent fashion designers here market towards the female demographics, focusing on dresses and accessories.

TheExodu5

Banned
Got my first pair of big boy boots:

26_limburg_22_6.jpg

Cheap Aldo boots. They're pre-broken in, which I don't really care for, but they look quite nice in person despite feeling a little cheapish (stitching isn't all that nice, mostly). But hey, they weren't pricey ($80), so I can't complain too much. As for the price, keep in mind I'm in Canada and the local selection is limited. :(

Big step up from my ugly ass Skechers.

Alright...these are going back. Returned the first pair since there was a stitching issue with the lining on the inside. The second pair has a tear in the leather. Garbage quality.

Any recommendations on an alternative? Looking for (winter) boots. Alden Indies are nice and all, but I can't justify $500+.

Alucrid

Banned
Alright...these are going back. Returned the first pair since there was a stitching issue with the lining on the inside. The second pair has a tear in the leather. Garbage quality.

Any recommendations on an alternative? Looking for (winter) boots. Alden Indies are nice and all, but I can't justify $500+.

You're in luck since Alden Indys run sub 500.

I need new clothes.
I have way too many tshirys/hooded sweatshirts/casual stuff.

I rock the skateboard/snowboard look pretty well but need some different stuff.

Where can I get some nice button-ups?

There were some Real nice Nixon wallets on jackthreads.com the other day. Might still be there... check em out if you're looking for a nice wallet.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
So many stores whose fashion I disapprove of. :\

I'd steer you to KC, BB, RL, and Lacoste, but I may be too preppy for you... what's the style you're looking for? "Casual" is far too broad, partner.

Do Lacoste shirts actually have a good cut for any living human beings? I've never tried on a Lacoste shirt that looked okay on me, or seemed like it would be cut right for anyone of a healthy BMI.

And everytime I see one on people in the wild they look awkward. Maybe there's something I'm not getting.

LazyLoki

Bottega Veneta? :p

What's a recommendable luxury wallet?

I love my Porsche Design wallet.
I had to look for it a bit, but it's exactly what I wanted, no flaps or additional buttons or anything. Just two bill compartments, one for coins and 4 card slots. Perfection!
And as a bonus, it only cost 80 € instead of over 100 because it technically is an out-of- date model.
It feels great and little brand plaque is quite unobtrusive.

Do Lacoste shirts actually have a good cut for any living human beings? I've never tried on a Lacoste shirt that looked okay on me, or seemed like it would be cut right for anyone of a healthy BMI.

And everytime I see one on people in the wild they look awkward. Maybe there's something I'm not getting.
?? Yea, plenty of my friends wear Lacoste polos and they're great fits. I mean, I prefer Lacoste's dress shirts because I'm a horseman fan, but I haven't seen bad fits like you have. Are you basically saying they're too tight?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
?? Yea, plenty of my friends wear Lacoste polos and they're great fits. I mean, I prefer Lacoste's dress shirts because I'm a horseman fan, but I haven't seen bad fits like you have. Are you basically saying they're too tight?

Maybe you have to wear them tight to actually have them make sense? Most times I see them on people they look too big and have too much fabric in the waist. Like they're cut straight down instead of coming in with the lats and into the waist.

brown is cheapest after all, and yeah, crazy laces would stay.

i might get the ugly metal blues later but only because i like shiny things and annoying my wife with them.

ramyeon

For Mancessories-GAF, which wallet do you prefer?

PVNp5.jpg

or

sBVON.jpg
The black. I have had it for almost a year now and it still looks as good as new. It holds up really well and looks great in my opinion. Don't get the LV hate, but whatever. Each to their own.

maladroid

$200 max. Size 9. Looking for something that looks good with jeans.

Not after shipping, duties, and taxes to Canada, they don't.
Have you shopped at Revolve before? With their 30% new customer discount, you could get these for $200-ish US.
0I1DR.jpg

Iron Rangers (~195)

Beckmans (~210)
u5BFL.jpg

1000 Miles (~240)

I'm not sure if they're as sleek as you wanted, but they seem like sturdy boots. Not sure about Canadian taxes, either. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom