• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
n3zN1l.jpg
oPz2pl.jpg

LJ8NNl.jpg
WFEeQl.jpg

End of the year evo pics

TheExodu5

Banned
Have you shopped at Revolve before? With their 30% new customer discount, you could get these for $200-ish US.
0I1DR.jpg

Iron Rangers (~195)

Beckmans (~210)
u5BFL.jpg

1000 Miles (~240)

I'm not sure if they're as sleek as you wanted, but they seem like sturdy boots. Not sure about Canadian taxes, either. :S

I like those 1000 miles.

Now, let's say I did order them...how do I make sure the size is right? Size seems to vary depending on make for me. Anywhere from 8.5US to 9.5US.

edit: hmmm, debating now. One of the reasons I went with slightly more pointed boots initially is that I have small feet. I'm afraid something like the 1000 miles might look overly small on my feet. Maybe I just need slimmer jeans. =\

Alucrid

Banned
I don't know how to quit hi-tops. I just don't.

edit: alucrid what are the second ones?

Pure Blue Japan xx007s, pretty much my go to pants for the past few months.

Is all of Fashion-GAF doing real pic January? I think it would be funny if somebody did WAYWT for it

Like, change their avatar every day with a WAYWT pic?

Also, anyone have planned pickups for this year? I'm hoping to wear the shit out of my APCs to give me a reason to get some Samurais, CPs or MMM sneakers and Alden boots, Indy, Cap Toe, maybe both.

Like, change their avatar every day with a WAYWT pic?

Also, anyone have planned pickups for this year? I'm hoping to wear the shit out of my APCs to give me a reason to get some Samurais, CPs or MMM sneakers and Alden boots, Indy, Cap Toe, maybe both.

Yeah, changing it everyday with the same template and pose

I'm planning on copping a Barbour, some linen pants, and some grail-status shoes

maladroid

I like those 1000 miles.

Now, let's say I did order them...how do I make sure the size is right? Size seems to vary depending on make for me. Anywhere from 8.5US to 9.5US.

edit: hmmm, debating now. One of the reasons I went with slightly more pointed boots initially is that I have small feet. I'm afraid something like the 1000 miles might look overly small on my feet. Maybe I just need slimmer jeans. =\

Hehe, I've been checking out the 1000 miles, too. There's always a chance you'll get the wrong size when ordering online. If it's at all possible, it'd be better if you could try them on in person at a physical store, and then order them online where they're cheaper. There's also this massive thread on styleforum where people have asked what size they should get it in. Generally, people have sized down one on their sneakers, and half on their dress shoes/other boots. It seems to vary with the width of their feet (but those boots come in multiple widths, so I dunno how that works). If they're a bit too big (you can return them, since I think they do free returns or) you can put in insoles, which might help with the small feet look. How tall are you? And yeah, the way jeans taper can change the way your shoes look. I think the top photo of my previous post, the guy's wearing petite standards, which have a pretty small leg opening. I think that leg opening a bit too small, but a tapered jean could help.

Draft

I like those 1000 miles.

I can't speak for the 1,000 miles, but the Redwing's run very large. My foot measures 12 in a Brannock machine, but my GTs are a 11, and they may be a half size too big.

bob page

Here's some clothes for sale for the new year (All prices include shipping, pics attached as links!)

Sweater:
-Express black v-neck sweater (NEW, M) - $17
http://i.imgur.com/eDHHm.jpg

Dress shirts:
-Zara slim fit check pattern (S, new) - $17
-Uniqlo slim fit check pattern (S, light gray, new) - $17
http://imgur.com/a/cWV3E#0 (uniqlo & zara pics)

Shoes:
-Cole Haan nubuck oxfords - $40
Like-new pair of Cole Haan dress shoes. I've only worn them a few times and they're in great condition (practically no wear on insole and heel). The inside of the shoe says they're waterproof! I'm pretty sure the material is nubuck, which is kind of a suede-like leather. They're brown/tan and sized as 10.5M. I usually wear a 10 dress shoe, but these fit me just fine (a tad small for a 10.5).
http://pics.campl.us/f/b/b4f278b9e046ee48b8122129de2695df.jpg
http://pics.campl.us/f/a/a744db38a05de878a555755fa26a14fb.jpg
http://pics.campl.us/f/b/bac041523274bcc0d36d28e3c9884a09.jpg

-Diesel Hi-Pass (BRAND NEW w/ tags, size 10, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MRZXDG/?tag=neogaf0e-20), Brown - $40
http://i.imgur.com/xC4A9.jpg

the-iek

What's your stance on Ray Ban glasses? I tried on a pair yesterday and as I'll need to buy glasses anyway in a few weeks, I'm thinking about going the Ban route. Here's a quick picture, excuse the crazy laugh and poor image quality.

9kF6b.png

What watch is this?

The amazon link the other guy posted seems to be missing a key information. The name of that line of watch is Newton, from Nixon. Nixon makes pretty slick watches, but the Newton is my favorite model. And ironically it's one of their least expensive.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What's your stance on Ray Ban glasses? I tried on a pair yesterday and as I'll need to buy glasses anyway in a few weeks, I'm thinking about going the Ban route. Here's a quick picture, excuse the crazy laugh and poor image quality.

I've been wearing RayBan glasses for a little over a year and a half. I like their glasses, and would probably go with them again.

NIghtWolf

I have been looking for some Clark Kent style frames to replace my glasses.

modaurbana.jpg

Anyone have an idea on any glasses like that one in the picture? I am looking for a rectangular look (just like that one in the picture). Budget is around $100.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Fellow fashion nerds, any idea who makes this cardigan / shawl? It looks homemade but I'm not sure..

tumblr_lws4cpf3c21qj3jgro1_500.jpg

Not a clue... You gonna wear it or looking on behalf of another? A lot of companies do similar things but the puffy sleeves and contrast are kind of out there.

Darkatomz

Shoes:
-Cole Haan nubuck oxfords - $40
Like-new pair of Cole Haan dress shoes. I've only worn them a few times and they're in great condition (practically no wear on insole and heel). The inside of the shoe says they're waterproof! I'm pretty sure the material is nubuck, which is kind of a suede-like leather. They're brown/tan and sized as 10.5M. I usually wear a 10 dress shoe, but these fit me just fine (a tad small for a 10.5).
http://pics.campl.us/f/b/b4f278b9e04...29de2695df.jpg
http://pics.campl.us/f/a/a744db38a05...5fa26a14fb.jpg
http://pics.campl.us/f/b/bac04152327...e3c9884a09.jpg
Did you eBay those or something? I thought Cole Hahn was supposed to be fairly expensive. Friend brought some stuff from then on Black Friday, but would have normally paid like $400 at regular MSRP.

bob page

Did you eBay those or something? I thought Cole Hahn was supposed to be fairly expensive. Friend brought some stuff from then on Black Friday, but would have normally paid like $400 at regular MSRP.

Nope, got them a few months ago for $100 with a coupon from DSW.

Mr.Fresh

The amazon link the other guy posted seems to be missing a key information. The name of that line of watch is Newton, from Nixon. Nixon makes pretty slick watches, but the Newton is my favorite model. And ironically it's one of their least expensive.
Thx, once I saw it was made by Nixon I went to their website to see what other kind of watches they have. I plan on buying the yellow and black one and an all black one now.

Zekes!

This thread is making me hard to choose between

A) Getting more tattoos

B) Getting new boots

I mean, eventually I'll have both, but what do I want more?! I think tattoos are winning

This thread is making me hard to choose between

A) Getting more tattoos

B) Getting new boots

I mean, eventually I'll have both, but what do I want more?! I think tattoos are winning
You're new to this thread. We don't do A or B. We do A, B, and C (just in case A or B don't work out).

Hey guys, I just bought a new pair of shoes, they are chick shoes but i really liked them so i bought them anyways. What do you think?
108725702-260x260-0-0_dr+martens+blythe.jpg

I am also looking for more real boots. The ones Alucrid posted was crazy sexy, i am looking for something similar but preferably black. Do you have any tips? A little bit cheaper would be great:p Is boots generally getting cheaper during the spring in the US. I mainly need them the next fall when i get back to a cooler climate.

Doytch

They look like regular desert boots to me; can't see what makes it women's.

And think long and hard before buying black boots. I've never really been a fan of them. Too police-boot-y or goth.

Alucrid

Banned

And think long and hard before buying black boots. I've never really been a fan of them. Too police-boot-y or goth.

It's all about finding the right ones. These Trickers for example are goddamn sexy.

tfb36.jpg

Zekes!

the viberg 4 horsemen boots are ace too, but spendy as shit.

Ljykw.jpg

not something i'd wear tho.

These are outta one of the local shops here in my city called Four Horsemen (hence the name). Love those guys. These are one of the boots I'm considering.

I'm actually going to go try them on when I go downtown in a bit.

Alucrid

Banned
These are outta one of the local shops here in my city called Four Horsemen (hence the name). Love those guys. These are one of the boots I'm considering.

I'm actually going to go try them on when I go downtown in a bit.

Do it. I actually might to.

Zekes!

Do it. I actually might to.

I didn't get a chance to try 'em on 'cause they're made to order, so they only had a display pair in stores, which was a 9 (I'm a 7). They're made here in town by another local footwear shop, Viberg, so I went down to them to just talk about sizing, etc., but unfortunately they were closed.

While I was there at Four Horsemen, I did cop a dope grey and white polka-dot button up by designer Dana Lee, and a white corduroy jacket from Creep by Hiroshi Awai. Maybe I'll take pics later.

edit: Just took some pics from their site:

jGob6jwa5BoLH.jpg

jrUoou4mqQGQn.jpg

According to the seller it was just some small differences to the mens model that they stopped selling.

I really know what you mean with black boots getting gothy, it really is a thin line to walk. Especially since i prefer them a little bit rougher then the ones posted so far.

Zekes!

According to the seller it was just some small differences to the mens model that they stopped selling.

I really know what you mean with black boots getting gothy, it really is a thin line to walk. Especially since i prefer them a little bit rougher then the ones posted so far.

Yeah, I'm looking for black boots too and I haven't had much luck.

I think I'm gonna try peeping women's boots; I have small feet (size 7), so sizes shouldn't be a problem (and in fact might be better).

Draft

where can I get a slim-fit navy and white shirt? I need some new button ups
Hugh and Crye, Brooks Brothers, Uniqlo if you live near one, plenty of other places.

I got my BB ultra slim fit oxfords. Fashion tragedy, they are too tight around my rippling, muscular chest and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom