• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I'm looking for black boots too and I haven't had much luck.

I think I'm gonna try peeping women's boots; I have small feet (size 7), so sizes shouldn't be a problem (and in fact might be better).

I would have suggested Dayton service boots if that company had not seemingly blown up. :lol

DSC_0222.jpg

Butteros could work if you're willing to pay out the ass.

ef44fb68_b277f_oSSIk.jpeg

entremet

Hugh and Crye, Brooks Brothers, Uniqlo if you live near one, plenty of other places.

I got my BB ultra slim fit oxfords. Fashion tragedy, they are too tight around my rippling, muscular chest and back.

This is my problem. I have a muscular build as well so I have to get baggy XL shirts. Might go bespoke this year and replace my oxfords and dress shirts.

Alucrid

Banned
I feel badly for the mild amusement at how the internets has completely torn down that company's will to exist.

It might be that, but I also feel like it's major mismanagement of the company by the guy in charge. Seems as soon as he took over estimated their capabilities and the amount of interest they would draw in, which sucks, cause their boots look great.

It might be that, but I also feel like it's major mismanagement of the company by the guy in charge. Seems as soon as he took over estimated their capabilities and the amount of interest they would draw in, which sucks, cause their boots look great.

Yeah it's A and B. Though seeing that play out makes me kind of get why some brands have a standoffish attitude towards Internet commerce. I don't know how mr TOJ does it, I would be telling people to fuck off in a matter of weeks hah.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah it's A and B. Though seeing that play out makes me kind of get why some brands have a standoffish attitude towards Internet commerce. I don't know how mr TOJ does it, I would be telling people to fuck off in a matter of weeks hah.

I have no clue, especially after reading that some emails go over 100 replies. Goddamn. The only thing I can think of is that he really, really loves what he's doing.

Revoh

I really need new clothes. I have lost weight and everything is huge on me now. It's summer over here (40° C avg) so I'm looking for something simple. Shorts, shirts, sneakers, please any pointers or tips would be nice. I have almost zero fashion knowledge, so come at me bros.

Looking for some new jeans that fit well and won't break the bank. Been losing some weight recently and my three year old Gap jeans just aren't cutting it. Want some that actually fit correctly, ie: don't have a ton of sag or extra baggage in the ass department (want it to look good ya know).

So far I've been looking at American Eagle boot cuts and Express boot cuts. Not really into the whole skinny jean thing, nor could I ever fit myself in them.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Looking for some new jeans that fit well and won't break the bank. Been losing some weight recently and my three year old Gap jeans just aren't cutting it. Want some that actually fit correctly, ie: don't have a ton of sag or extra baggage in the ass department (want it to look good ya know).

So far I've been looking at American Eagle boot cuts and Express boot cuts. Not really into the whole skinny jean thing, nor could I ever fit myself in them.

Go with Levis instead. Around the same price as AE and Express, but they're much better quality.

yeah enthusiasts probably won't recommend levis but the 501s in a dark wash or STF are simple and non offensive. a little higher up you can get things like unbranded and sometimes GAP.

should I cop?

prgLL.jpg

anybody know any good websites (with english) that sell a lot of japanese brands? i'm looking to get some clothes from rugged factory, numero uno and beams plus, but they seem kind of difficult to get to the us.

anybody know any good websites (with english) that sell a lot of japanese brands? i'm looking to get some clothes from rugged factory, numero uno and beams plus, but they seem kind of difficult to get to the us.
inventory sells beams occasionally

http://stockroom.inventorymagazine.com/category/beams-plus

but outside of proxies nothing really comes to mind. rakuten does have an english portal but i'm too scared to press further lol.

I really need new clothes. I have lost weight and everything is huge on me now. It's summer over here (40° C avg) so I'm looking for something simple. Shorts, shirts, sneakers, please any pointers or tips would be nice. I have almost zero fashion knowledge, so come at me bros.
my real advice, dig through places like The Sartorialist, Put This On, style blogs, random images, etc of that nature and drop some images that you think look cool into a folder and mediate on what specific elements (fit, color, etc) about a particular outfit/style you like and want to pursue, and maybe think about why. this seems dumb and analytical at first but it really does help you shop and wear things in a confident manner.

Since we're on the topic of jeans. About to buy some black-wash Levi's. What color/type shoes go best with this?
white, grey, lighter shade of brown/tan or burgundy. sneakers; pretty much anything vibrant is good to go. dark brown leather, IME, kind of muddles out when knocked against black so avoid that.

Draft

This is my problem. I have a muscular build as well so I have to get baggy XL shirts. Might go bespoke this year and replace my oxfords and dress shirts.
FWIW, the Hugh and Crye shirts in the tall/broad size fit very well. I'm 6'2", about 210, with some muscle (and a healthy dose of ahem, padding.) I like them a lot.

I'm also about to pull the trigger on a custom oxford from moderntailor.com and I'll report back on the fit. They are doing a special now for first time customers. Blue oxford for $20.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, after looking all over the place for a decent pair of boots to buy for a moderate (~$200 price), I ended up resettling on the cheap ass ones ($83):

26_limburg_18_6.jpg

They'll be here in a few days. Hopefully they're not damaged like the pair I returned. =\

Zekes!

What about something like these? Or would that be slumming it if you're used to $300 shoes? I honestly wouldn't know, heh.

http://i.imgur.com/0PYHs.jpg

Those aren't bad, but they have a zipper; I was trying to find ones without the zipper.

how did I just find out about these?! :O

http://i.imgur.com/4CHic.jpg

https://www.happysocks.com/us/styles/animal/an11-002

one can never have too much animal print.

Fuck, I love Happy Socks. All the shops here in town sell ones starting at size 41 though. I need a 40 :[

I think I'll just order some right now.

wow I need to do more with zappos couture. the shoes I ordered yesterday will be here today, and I didn't pay extra for shipping.

the fuk

Zappos is a fantastic company. Very efficient return policies, great warranties, and fast (usually free) shipping. I've done a lot of shoe and sunglasses ordering from them. Now that they offer clothing they may just become my sole outlet for personal spending.

Revoh

my real advice, dig through places like The Sartorialist, Put This On, style blogs, random images, etc of that nature and drop some images that you think look cool into a folder and mediate on what specific elements (fit, color, etc) about a particular outfit/style you like and want to pursue, and maybe think about why. this seems dumb and analytical at first but it really does help you shop and wear things in a confident manner.

white, grey, lighter shade of brown/tan or burgundy. sneakers; pretty much anything vibrant is good to go. dark brown leather, IME, kind of muddles out when knocked against black so avoid that.

Thanks for the tip man, I spent the whole afternoon reading those sites.

Also, I went to a Tommy Hilfiger store near my workplace and tried some chino shorts, all of them fit well in the waist (30) and were long just above the knee, the problem was that they were so big around my thighs, I looked like a 60 year old grandpa in those.

Should I get some anyway and get it tailored or do they make "slim" shorts of that type?

Chris R

Can anyone suggest an online store to purchase some shirts for not too much? Mostly looking for short sleeve button up shirts, and it would be great if they were under $30 each. I'm trying to add some more shirts to my current rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom