• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother in law bought me these for Christmas. They've already been through their first Chicago snow.

6712315785_d7cf2e396a_b.jpg

I'm not really into all black sneakers, especially in canvas,as they tend to look like shit really fast. I like some of the Adidas slvr and designer sneaks, might be worth checking out on sale etc. Not sure what kind of stuff you wear so it's hard to throw out universal recommendations for sneakers.

So question...

What kinds of pants are you supposed to wear that are stylish?

I'm talking about more casual everyday wear, not formal suits. Blue Jeans are reliable, and yes, there are many kinds. And I suppose Khakis.

But is there anything else really acceptable?

I have a lot of cargo pants, and apparently they're sort of a fashion faux pas unless you're camping/hiking or the like.

So besides jeans and khakis, is there anything else?

This would be for a college-age/early-mid 20s guy. I'm not wearing a suit to office work everyday, for example.

coldvein

Banned
by nicer do you mean something you can wear 'dressed up' or just nicer quality? blackbird in ballard will have some stuff that is a little (or a lot) off the beaten path, like greys, blacks, etc. Some of it is definitely on the skinny side but I usually size up when confronted with the skinnyleg shit and get a nice sorta slouchy-slim fit out of the deal.

i will look for this blackbird in ballard.

I'm not really into all black sneakers, especially in canvas,as they tend to look like shit really fast. I like some of the Adidas slvr and designer sneaks, might be worth checking out on sale etc. Not sure what kind of stuff you wear so it's hard to throw out universal recommendations for sneakers.

This man speaks the truth, got a pair of black Vans 3 months ago, looked at them yesterday and im pretty sure I haven't been hiking through mud for 5 days straight wearing them... (only wore them going out at night to clubs and stuff really)

Swag

Does Jackthreads only sell things that are on sale? Wrote a few things down that I wanted to buy later, but the links don't work anymore.

If you guys were had your entire wardrobe disappear and had to start from scratch,
what would be your 'essential' items? I'm about to graduate from uni soon and I've been meaning to transition from the college-y type wear. These style blogs are nice to look at but I want to get to the core essentials. As of now, the only thing I would keep are my Clarks.

TheExodu5

Banned
What's the difference in between the Alden Indy 403 and 405?

edit: nvm the 405 is lighter color. Looks like JCrew has a 405 listed but it's actually a 403.

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I'll be buying a pair of 403s later this year. I just need to hope I get the right size otherwise it's going to cost me a fortune to return them from Canada. :(

Goddammit dudes, my washing machine left rust stains on my brand new Ralph Lauren black polo.

Any advice to get those ugly orange blots out? I heard "Iron Out" from Lowes/Home Depot is good... need some help. I really wanna save that $50 shirt.

I think I'll be buying a pair of 403s later this year. I just need to hope I get the right size otherwise it's going to cost me a fortune to return them from Canada. :(

I generally wear a 11.5 US, but these boots are an 11 and fit great. Honestly, I could have probably gone down another half size to 10.5, but I like the extra room for when I wear heavy boot socks (or multiple pairs of socks for incredibly cold days).

anyone own any button downs/oxfords from lands end canvas and can comment on the fit? seems like they arent really slim to begin with, so i should probably size down?

Not a huge fashion dude but I care a lil

just bought these killer sneaks for fun
http://keepcompany.com/detail.aspx?id=18
54.jpg

And thinking what a sorry state my jeans wardrobe is in. I'm not a dude who is about to go spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of jeans though. I generally feel like a skinny-ish (not super slim) with a lil breathing room suits my figure the best. I'm leaning towards a few pairs of 511s and calling it good. What do you guys think?

My favorite pair of jeans right now is this pair of fake boss jeans sized at 32/32 that I bought in China, haha. I actually think they look awesome. Fit really well, somewhat slim but not too much so. I wish I had bought 10 of them.

Doytch

anyone own any button downs/oxfords from lands end canvas and can comment on the fit? seems like they arent really slim to begin with, so i should probably size down?
They are MASSIVE. Only buy it if you're fine with the whole damn thing getting chopped up by your tailor. And I'm not evening sure /just/ sizing down will be enough, because of the cut. Leaves a lot of fabric at your back.

Zilch

Banned
I've shit on Alden before in these threads just because everyone owns a pair, but I think I will probably own a pair of Indys at some point. They seem pretty unfuckwithable and will last for years.

I've shit on Alden before in these threads just because everyone owns a pair, but I think I will probably own a pair of Indys at some point. They seem pretty unfuckwithable and will last for years.
well alden does make nice boots in the plaza last that look nothing like the indy. I just can't see myself in indys.

Alucrid

Banned

Everyone owns a pair of 400 dollar boots?

I'm partial to the cap toe boots personally.

RS4-

are these the chainsaw boots? if you wear a 12 i'd suggest a size 10.5 at least... they're really oversized for some reason

i usually wear a size 13 and i have a black pair of j shoes chainsaw boots that fit me and they're a 10.5 lol but they're a little tight on my right foot (my bigger foot)

something to consider

Ok thanks, I ordered the 10.5s and hopefully they do fit me.

the weird gusset/insert-thing across the front of the placket reminds me of those cleavage blockers you see on late night infomercials :p I'd just stick with a regular henley, like something you can get from AA or what not. I'm sure you could find a deep placket henley at one of those places. But if I'm choosing one of the above; grey.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
the weird gusset/insert-thing across the front of the placket reminds me of those cleavage blockers you see on late night infomercials :p I'd just stick with a regular henley, like something you can get from AA or what not. I'm sure you could find a deep placket henley at one of those places. But if I'm choosing one of the above; grey.

Since they look like JRPG character attire, white or black depending on whether you're the hero or villain.

Thanks guys. I guess its between the white and grey.

Do you still have the receipt?

I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom