• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob page

Not too fond of the design- too many things going on for my taste. Also, you can tell pretty easily that the material is cheap (it's Aldo, so that's a given usually).

If you like them though, that's all that matters.

TheExodu5

Banned
Heh, yeah the Aldo boots I bought earlier this week are cheap as hell. Had to return 2 pairs before I got one that was acceptable. Even then, the stitching is torn in one area, and I had to glue a leather flap inside the boot. I don't think they're going to last.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Might be a bit too niche, but does anyone know where to pick up Kuta Lines clothing in Sydney or Bali? Some stuff of their recent line I'd like to check, but haven't got a clue where it's sold.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, I just bought this suit:

http://store-us.hugoboss.com/mens-s...=21100#!prefn1=searchColorID&prefv1=black&i=2

It's a pretty nifty suit, should get it back next week.

The thing is, I want to get a lot of ties that go well with it. I haven't owned a black suit in forever because I think they are boring.. but I fell in love with this guy.

I own several white french cuff shirts, and of course the ties that one would expect (Black, blue/grey).

What can I do that is fun? I was thinking a light grey shirt with an understated purple tie/pocket cloth/cufflink set. Any other suggestions for something that would be a bit of a different look?

I work in finance so my ability to go truly nuts is pretty limited.

how stylish is my luchadore rabbit ski mask? eh boys?

needs to be leather

oirWB.jpg

you'll have to make your own ears tho

So, I just bought some suspenders. I kinda like the look. But Im not sure how to wear them. What's the ideal way to wear suspenders as a fashion accessory? Also, is it possible to pull them off with denim or does that look odd?

tumblr_lv52liQ6SN1r3f01jo1_500.jpg

Dries upcoming AW collection is weeeeird.

Hey macuser1of5, if you happen to see more stuff from the SS12 collection, could you post a link?

I'm looking for these two

http://postimage.org/image/2a2sm3r38/
http://postimage.org/image/2a346v6jo/

I'll keep you posted if I run across anything.

and a lot of A/W this year is weird. I actually dug MJ collection and most of Givenchy (stop with the skirts yo) and some other stuff but eeh... Maybe I'm just growing out of the more extreme/out-there stuff, or maybe my definition of out there is at odds with what is going on right now.

And KVA makes me worried for Dior tomorrow. It was not good at all :/

Are there any others type of suspenders other than clip on?

I dont wear suits, but cant I wear suspenders with slim slacks, button dress shirt and tie?
Eh, I'm of two minds re: suspenders... They are kind of a trend thing right now, ie, skinny suspenders paired with skinny jeans, a tshirt, and a porkpie etc. So if you go that route, I think you'll be ok. but you can't just get some bulky standard suspenders and make it work, IMO, it's kind of a specific look.

Traditionally, suspenders/bracers are for pants without belt loops, and the pants will have buttons on the inside or outside of the waistband that the suspenders attach to. you'll sometimes see this on reproduction jeans, too. You could wear them without a suit/blazer jacket I suppose, but again, I would veer away from purely traditional suspenders if that's something you are gonna do.
Also, Dior Homme FW 2012 is gonna make me a broke dude. fuuuu

Alucrid

Banned
Eh, I'm of two minds re: suspenders... They are kind of a trend thing right now, ie, skinny suspenders paired with skinny jeans, a tshirt, and a porkpie etc. So if you go that route, I think you'll be ok. but you can't just get some bulky standard suspenders and make it work, IMO, it's kind of a specific look.

Traditionally, suspenders/bracers are for pants without belt loops, and the pants will have buttons on the inside or outside of the waistband that the suspenders attach to. you'll sometimes see this on reproduction jeans, too. You could wear them without a suit/blazer jacket I suppose, but again, I would veer away from purely traditional suspenders if that's something you are gonna do.

Loose fits are so in right now.

Like the coat in 6 (might get it in the color on 31), shearling bomber in 13, suits are nice but probably too pricey for me.

Are there any others type of suspenders other than clip on?

I dont wear suits, but cant I wear suspenders with slim slacks, button dress shirt and tie?

By the time you figure out the "right" way to wear suspenders, everyone will have remembered that suspenders are for fat, old men.

Wow. Those are some terrible pants. It looks like they're trying to achieve the "pants below the ass" look without actually wearing the pants below the ass. Like a super-exaggerated Levi's 520.

If this becomes a thing I'm gonna be pissed.

Loose fits are so in right now.

Like the coat in 6 (might get it in the color on 31), shearling bomber in 13, suits are nice but probably too pricey for me.
Well it's loose without being *too* loose (roll back to his first DH collection, ss09 iirc for an example of too loose), and DH is generally very very well made that's a plus. Plus it's basically the kind of shit I already wear in a green few people seem to care about anymore :D

But yes, it will be $$. Not to the extreme of Givenchy or Balmain but still...

Wow. Those are some terrible pants. It looks like they're trying to achieve the "pants below the ass" look without actually wearing the pants below the ass. Like a super-exaggerated Levi's 520.

If this becomes a thing I'm gonna be pissed.
hah, well, they are quite nice in person (tried some s/s ones at DH vegas last year, almost bit but I don't really think $600 pants are a good drunk purchase lol). They're basically high-end track pants, only in silk/wool voile/etc.

and if you don't like loose pants never look at issey miyake or yohji yamamoto.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
mac, this is a silly question, but just to satisfy my own curiosity: what do you do with all this higher end clothing in the middle of North Dakota? I feel like you need to be somewhere more urban, haha!

Alucrid

Banned
Well it's loose without being *too* loose (roll back to his first DH collection, ss09 iirc for an example of too loose), and DH is generally very very well made that's a plus. Plus it's basically the kind of shit I already wear in a green few people seem to care about anymore :D

But yes, it will be $$. Not to the extreme of Givenchy or Balmain but still...

hah, well, they are quite nice in person (tried some s/s ones at DH vegas last year, almost bit but I don't really think $600 pants are a good drunk purchase lol). They're basically high-end track pants, only in silk/wool voile/etc.

and if you don't like loose pants never look at issey miyake or yohji yamamoto.

I wouldn't mind trying a pair of those pants... even if only to lounge in around the house. :lol

mac, this is a silly question, but just to satisfy my own curiosity: what do you do with all this higher end clothing in the middle of North Dakota? I feel like you need to be somewhere more urban, haha!
well ND is a temporary situation, but I ask myself the same thing sometimes lol. I guess part of it is just how I am, and I'm married and such so I don't care about being aesthetically appealing to people in general in anymore so I just wear whatever.

And hey plenty of places are urban up here! a couple of blocks in Bismarck, a few in Fargo, etc. :p

I wouldn't mind trying a pair of those pants... even if only to lounge in around the house. :lol
they feel pretty decadent, like wearing fancy velvet slippers.

Alucrid

Banned
well ND is a temporary situation, but I ask myself the same thing sometimes lol. I guess part of it is just how I am, and I'm married and such so I don't care about being aesthetically appealing to people in general in anymore so I just wear whatever.

And hey plenty of places are urban up here! a couple of blocks in Bismarck, a few in Fargo, etc. :p

they feel pretty decadent, like wearing fancy velvet slippers.

North Dakota is totally hip :p

North%20Dakota%20tourism%20ad.jpg

Raynes

I'm looking for boots like these:

Balmain-Ranger-Boots.jpg

photo28aa.jpg

Doesn't have to be glossy lol, just same shape and black. Something that's available in the UK and is £50-70.

npfpof

Banned
Liam_Hemsworth-Timberland-Earthkeepers-boots.jpg

both are kinda dressed kinda like bums but look cool and are probably wearing more than my school tuition is worth.

nike-air-command-force-neon.jpg

Not sure if they make these anymore. I know they are ugly, and I wouldn't be caught in them, bu tthey are SO COOL

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oh, I really like those. Maybe I'll get one too, but I'd like to ask what is wrong with it since you're returning it?

I guess seeing in my hands compared to online made me want to return it.
Alucrid's comments made me want to return them.

Those amazon henley-things are ballin but...I'm not sure about that attached under-shirt shit? Anyone who's bought some, how's that work for you?

Updated my kicks for the new semester. Our hilly campus just decimated my Sperries, so I got some more practical walking shoes in Stone Creek (by Academy). Look really classy, too:

10162196.jpg

I've seen Maiden Noir jeans, and they are pretty nice, simple things. I assume their other garments are similar in quality. Don't know anything about Woven Society tho.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I've seen Maiden Noir jeans, and they are pretty nice, simple things. I assume their other garments are similar in quality. Don't know anything about Woven Society tho.

Flynn from GAF turned me onto Maiden Noir, but I can't pay retail prices on their stuff. Woven Society at least offers deals on their stuff.

Probably gonna take the plunge, but Woven Society looks like it might be a good clearing house option for classic style fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom