• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

Found this jacket, on the fence on buying it

ldRS0l.jpg
GbBxml.jpg

What is that a reference to?

Fina1e

What is the general GAF consensus on boat shoes? I am looking to pick up a nice pair for around $80 from Sperry and was wondering what people think of them.

Alucrid

Banned
What is the general GAF consensus on boat shoes? I am looking to pick up a nice pair for around $80 from Sperry and was wondering what people think of them.

Played out, but feel free to rock them in the spring/summer. Just don't do it in the winter as I've been seeing around here.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
That's a great color, but not feeling that back deign at all.

Yeah the back design makes me hesitate on buying it. I'll pass on the jacket and keep looking.

What is that a reference to?

I wish I knew. The jacket sort of reminds me of star wars without referencing it. My friend told me about this website he buying clothes from http://www.drjays.com/
however most of their selection is pretty horrid and not my style.

On a side note, I bought those sexy black converse boots.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I hate hate HATE when good clothing gets ruined by a mishmash of unnecessary and pointless logos and shit. What the fuck is that?

Classy as fuck.

Make sure the shoes are as snug as humanly possible, though. If you have to go down a size or two, do it. The shoes are made to be tight. Also, the Mako or Endurance sperries are sharpest, I think. Billfish are good, too.

Just be prepared for blisters and lacerations the first time you break them in. XD

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
From all the stuff you've posted in this thread, I can safely picture you as a real-life Nomura character. Not that it's bad, we do need some variety in here. :p

really? even the sebago boots?

I like the color, problem is that poor tanning + not good leather = no depth. Looks kind of like a poly cotton blend.

So true. I was trying to go out of my own style comfort zone.

Alucrid

Banned

kaskade

I like mine. I know they are very popular now but I'd still get a pair. First time I wore them I got a bit of irritation for a bit, once that healed up I was good to go. I'm also one of those people that likes wearing socks and I found them to be fine without them. I would just throw a little Gold Bond on to keep my feet dry.

Visceir

Bought this XXL size sweater for 5.- € to wear at home, but ended up wearing it when going out today. The temperatures here are below -15 C and the extra layer helps, and I do find it kinda neat.

I really ought to invest in a proper winter jacket but I've yet to find one I really liked...I might just steal Alucrid's jacket, the one he posted a few pages back.

DSC_00022.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Not a big fan of the shoes, but that's just my opinion. The whole ensemble (incl. shoes) is sharp and the pants are amazing.

Yeah, new shoes are definitely in order for me.

Get them tailored. They look fine as is but I hate to have to fold them every time I wear them. I'd say saving you that hassle is worth the trip to the tailor.

I actually don't have to recuff them, but yeah, eventually I'll head to a tailor :lol

Bought this XXL size sweater for 5.- € to wear at home, but ended up wearing it when going out today. The temperatures here are below -15 C and the extra layer helps, and I do find it kinda neat.

I really ought to invest in a proper winter jacket but I've yet to find one I really liked...I might just steal Alucrid's jacket, the one he posted a few pages back.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/gotty_02/DSC_00022.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Definitely do it if you can, I absolutely love it.

soultron

Banned
I'm not usually a fan of varsity/letterman-style jackets, but I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one since it'll cost me ~$30 shipped.

60255JacketTanA.jpg

Those the epaulet trousers? the finished white seam looks familiar.

I think the varsity looks fine as a silhouette (I heavily prefer raglan varsities but w/e), but the material eh, just seems kind of wimpy, like a dressed up sweatshirt you know?

Zekes!

I kind of like wearing pantyhose/tights/leggings under shorts. How does this make ya'll feel?

I haven't done so since spring/summer of last year, but I'm thinking of revisiting it.

I kind of like wearing pantyhose/tights/leggings under shorts. How does this make ya'll feel?

I haven't done so since spring/summer of last year, but I'm thinking of revisiting it.
I think it looks cool but I would nneeeeverrr do it lol but you need to step up your game and go skirts b:
5UG2y.jpg

I do take slim dress pants from ebay that are too short in the inseam and make shorts of them, tho. most shorts are too baggy or not made of nice wools/silks etc

Alucrid

Banned

I think the varsity looks fine as a silhouette (I heavily prefer raglan varsities but w/e), but the material eh, just seems kind of wimpy, like a dressed up sweatshirt you know?

Yep. Probably going to be my go to pants in the summer.

If you can pull it off, do it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

I've seen a handful of Japanese guys doing this at school lately (keeping in mind that it's still winter-ish here in Seattle) with cuffed black denim shorts and mid-calf military boots, and it totally caught my eye. Strikes me as a definite "confidence item" for the average guy -- being fashionably adventurous seems like a natural Asian trait, like they're born thinking "Fuck all y'all, Ima wear what I want." -- but if you've got the pins for it, man, it's a fucking great look.

Mr.Fresh

I Completely Forgot about Amazon because i never buy clothes from them. Thanks.

Alucrid said:
Already had this repped last page, might as well do it again. Temple of Jawnz. The owner/designer/head guy just posted that he'll be having a new varsity out in the S/S or so if you feel like waiting.

Thx but those prices look WAAAAYY outta my league lol.

soultron

Banned

That's what I like about it, to be honest. I tend to lean very minimalist when I can. It's also definitely meant to be part of a layered outfit with a button-up. I like that it doesn't have a gigantic letter above the breast, and none of the cheesy script proverbs/nugget of street wisdom that most street wear varsities seem to have as of late.

Example:

48721.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom