• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob page

Have you ever handled samurai, iron heart, pure blue japan, strike golds, etc. jeans? The difference between Levis or diesel jeans is readily apparent.

Well, not Levi's per se, but other raw denim brands from UO and such were quite similar to wash and quality of the Diesels I've tried. Still have yet to try stuff out of Japan, though.

B-Ri

Since were on the topic of jeans and cheapness...

I dont know if they are the same cut anymore, or materials, but my ex bought a blue and black pair of Vans slim fit jeans, i eventually inherited them since i lost so much weight, and they are seriously comfortable, and are a great cut and style, they look great, and i STILL wear them, they havent faded much at all.

Best part? $30 a pair or something like that!

33714_644778796160_19904386_36111299_2459680_n.jpg

ALSO, Levi's 510 skinny trousers are worth EVERY PENNY! I bought every color they had available during black friday because of the 50% off sale!

pLEVI1-7578167t330x400.jpg

Well, not Levi's per se, but other raw denim brands from UO and such were quite similar to wash and quality of the Diesels I've tried. Still have yet to try stuff out of Japan, though.
high-end shuttle loomed denim is something else... not really my thing but UO, or even APC-level denim doesn't really compare.

that said I don't really wear denim anymore :p

Alucrid

Banned
high-end shuttle loomed denim is something else... not really my thing but UO, or even APC-level denim doesn't really compare.

that said I don't really wear denim anymore :p
The gods of denim are kind and forgiving, ready to welcome anyone back to rejoice in their sick fadezzzzzzzzz

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Speaking of low-profile shoes, I love my Vans E-street's in black (Knost)

img58111426.jpg

Green insole made from yoga mat which makes it super comfy even barefoot. Dubbed as a 'surf' shoe; made for lounging around after a day surfing, it's a perfect chilled out shoe that I just love. Plus the super low-profile makes even regular Vans look fat and chunky on the sole.

Hm, these seem like they'd be the quality concert-going show I've been looking for. Cheap, hard to get messy and comfortable on the feet. Found them for $25 here, will wait a little while to see if that site has any deals.

I wish this shoe from the same line had the same insole, I really like the design.

YejVi.png

The gods of denim are kind and forgiving, ready to welcome anyone back to rejoice in their sick fadezzzzzzzzz
when i get back into it, whenever that happens, I ain't doin raw shit. eternal 811s or bust. and just one pair. don't know how those denim dudes at sufu do a 10+ jean rotation lol.

Alucrid

Banned
when i get back into it, whenever that happens, I ain't doin raw shit. eternal 811s or bust. and just one pair. don't know how those denim dudes at sufu do a 10+ jean rotation lol.
I always go raw

always

go raw

I have a hard enough time with a two jean rotation while neglecting my black kmws that I haven't worn in months lol

Yami

Hm, these seem like they'd be the quality concert-going show I've been looking for. Cheap, hard to get messy and comfortable on the feet. Found them for $25 here, will wait a little while to see if that site has any deals.

I wish this shoe from the same line had the same insole, I really like the design.

YejVi.png

Should be the same insole in terms of material, but probably not the green :(

I've seen many different colourways of the E-Street, but I just prefer the plain black. Two-tones ain't for me, I'm afraid.

So what's the word or opinion on these for a business casual workplace?

CEaKe.png

I'm looking for something comfortable & universal to go with my business attire at work.

Mangotron

Are pocket tees and camo items good looking or it that just a Tumblr phenomenon.

It is REALLY hard to find camo stuff that doesn't make you look like you're 12/a hunter. It's ok in very small quantities if you can find some more subtle stuff. Maybe a camo scarf with the right outfit?

As far as pocket tees, the only way I'd wear one over a regular tee is if the pocket had a pattern or a contrasting color to spice up jeans and a tshirt. Otherwise I think a regular tee is generally cleaner and younger looking.

Yami

Are pocket tees and camo items good looking or it that just a Tumblr phenomenon.

I like pocket tees, depending on how the style and fit of the t-shirt. Can look nice with a slight v, or a crewneck shape with a design on the pocket. But paired with camo? No. I hate camo. Camo is horrible. Nothing goes with camo. You shouldn't be wearing camo unless you're in the army.

edit: these are funky. ExitLeftApparel.co.uk if interested.

Cheshire.jpg

Worldwide.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
What are you talking about?

Sorry if I offended you somehow. I just noticed a lot of people reblogging pictures of plain shirts with designs on pockets, and or camo jackets/shirts. I didn't mean to sound like I did not like it. Just wondering if thats a new style or what

Cheshire.jpg

Ugh, I NEED THIS SHIRT

Too bad I don't live in the Uk

Doytch

I've seen camo done well, but the guy wearing it always has more swag than I can dream of (see: Nick Wooster). edit: hah, yeah, like that above. got damn that's amazing.

Nothing wrong with a pocket on a T...

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Sorry if I offended you somehow. I just noticed a lot of people reblogging pictures of plain shirts with designs on pockets, and or camo jackets/shirts. I didn't mean to sound like I did not like it. Just wondering if thats a new style or what

No, no, I was just trying to figure out what the hell you meant! :D

Doytch

im pretty sure you can just wear whatever the fuck you want when youve got his hair+moustache+beard, and make it look amazing. just imagine some gaunt 21-YO-arcade-fire-reject in this
untitled1.bmp

careful

On the topic of high end jeans. I read a bit on japanese selvedge denim, looked into APC, Naked, Unbranded, etc..
I'm sure the quality is superior to regular jeans, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth the price for me.
I don't have any issues with the sub $50 GAP/Banana jeans I got a couple years ago. Still solid even after a bunch of washes.
One more point is about the fading.. From my understanding, part of the appeal of going with the raw denim is to get those natural line fades in the crotch and back of knee areas.. For me personally, that's completely unnappealing. I like my jeans uniformly dark and without fades. Would it ne possible to still get those higher quality denim without the fading or is that just inevitable with wear?

Mangotron

im pretty sure you can just wear whatever the fuck you want when youve got his hair+moustache+beard, and make it look amazing. just imagine some gaunt 21-YO-arcade-fire-reject in this

Yea I'm pretty sure the biggest factor with any outfit is knowing if you can pull it off. The biggest factor with camo is that you'd almost have to wear it on a formal piece to make it look cool, and I'm not sure where you'd wear a camo sport coat outside of a fashion event lol.

Actually you could probably do a camo pocket on a tshirt and it'd look fine.

Even Nick Wooster can make that whole ninja fashion style look great

tumblr_lye0bqk3yx1qzvho5o1_500.jpg

Yea I'm pretty sure the biggest factor with any outfit is knowing if you can pull it off. The biggest factor with camo is that you'd almost have to wear it on a formal piece to make it look cool, and I'm not sure where you'd wear a camo sport coat outside of a fashion event lol.

Actually you could probably do a camo pocket on a tshirt and it'd look fine.

It doesn't have to be formal. For example:

w6kTRl.jpg

Eh. No. But that's not really 'goth ninja' anyway.

Also he reminds me how short those BBBF jackets are cut. Dude is like 5 5 or something and it barely covers his butt.

Zekes!

I thought I was the only one. 99% of the time when I rock jeans it's my vintage blue pair of Naked and Famous. I also rock a pair of black G-Star Raw jeans, I forget what the style is called, but I don't think of them really as "jeans" jeans due to all the pockets and seams all over them.

Alucrid

Banned
On the topic of high end jeans. I read a bit on japanese selvedge denim, looked into APC, Naked, Unbranded, etc..
I'm sure the quality is superior to regular jeans, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth the price for me.
I don't have any issues with the sub $50 GAP/Banana jeans I got a couple years ago. Still solid even after a bunch of washes.
One more point is about the fading.. From my understanding, part of the appeal of going with the raw denim is to get those natural line fades in the crotch and back of knee areas.. For me personally, that's completely unnappealing. I like my jeans uniformly dark and without fades. Would it ne possible to still get those higher quality denim without the fading or is that just inevitable with wear?
There are some that have non-fading properties, but they're definitely not the majority. But, yeah, from the sound of it its not what you're looking for.

f0rk

I like pocket tees, depending on how the style and fit of the t-shirt. Can look nice with a slight v, or a crewneck shape with a design on the pocket. But paired with camo? No. I hate camo. Camo is horrible. Nothing goes with camo. You shouldn't be wearing camo unless you're in the army.

Cheshire.jpg

Worldwide.jpg

How's the quality of these? They aren't that expensive really.

Tall guys, where do you shop for jeans? Place I usually went to closed and now I have no idea where to shop for any.

By tall I mean 6'5+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom