• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would look kind of odd with a button up tbh, it doesn't have a lot of shape. have you searched svpply for baseball jackets in the $50-$100 range? there are some good ones with a more 'outerwear' material to them, and very few have the extraneous stuff that tends to go with this kind of garment.

re: the chrome shoes, eh, just get regular chucks in army green or whatever. the tiny rubber toe cap looks kind of odd and the chrome logo just looks kind of weird chillin there.

Doytch

White jeans, white Ariel Pink t-shirt, burgundy Nike 6.0 sneaks and a new Blue Jays cap.

White in winter rules don't apply when it's this friggin warm in North Carolina.

TIIuq.jpg

How could I say no lol

entremet

Whatever happened to Enron? He used to post here a lot. We shared similar tastes. I'm not as cool as macuser or alucrid. I'm boring--OBCDs, blazers, brogues, ties, dark denim. Blue, white, gray.

I want some shoes, Gaf. Key criteria: something a bit quirky and a LOW profile. I'm currently wearing these and I quite like them:

lacoste-navy-chute-37486-5914_zoom.jpg

Any recommendations?

Zeppu

So stylish-gaf, I have a question. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to matching shirts and ties with suits or blazers. Is there like a set of basic rules to follow? Matching ties in general just baffles me unless it's like a black tie or something.

Help?

So stylish-gaf, I have a question. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to matching shirts and ties with suits or blazers. Is there like a set of basic rules to follow? Matching ties in general just baffles me unless it's like a black tie or something.

Help?
Yes, there are a lot of fashion feaux pas for suits. This is a good place to start off, and these two articles apply to blazers (which are very different from suit jackets).

I highly suggest you get a good, tailored blazer. You will simply get more use out of it than a black or pinstriped jacket.

As for shirt and tie colors...go to a store like Van Heusen, as they're great at pairing up colors. Generally though, a tie has to have complimentary colors to the base shirt you're wearing (a lighter shade of the shirt's color, or something opposite it on the color wheel). Go look at a picture of the color wheel to see which colors go with what. Here are three articles on tie and shirt coordination.

Navy blazer + white shirt + nice jeans = timeless

44369280wi_12_f.jpg

So, I just bought these, 'cause I'm a douche. I'm still unsure as to whether I can pull them off.

THANKS FOR NOTHING, GAF.

Luff youuuuu.

opinions!

want a pair of new jeans. go with a pair of levi's for $78:

pLEVI1-11642108t330x400.jpg

or a pair of diesel for $225:

42193716GX_12_f.jpg

Cheap Monday.

Also, I hate Diesel. And not because their stuff isn't really my "thang", but purely because they seem to be the most over-priced brand in the cosmos. They also have an "unsavoury ethnic appeal" of sorts; in Australia, anyway. I'm Greek, so I can say this :).

That being said, the Diesels do look better.

Alucrid

Banned
opinions!

http://levi.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pLEVI1-11642108t330x400.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.yoox.biz/42/42193716GX_12_f.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'll toss in a suggestion for APCs.

Yami

Ordered up this bag the other day, looking forward to receiving it. Been needing a more grown-up messenger bag, and this £70 leather satchel hits the mark.

083010593960.jpg

ah! got it! thank you!

No problemo. Also, as far as I'm aware, they're unisex, so don't lose your shit if you see a girl wearing the exact same pair. Rather, be baller like me and comment on how their posterior looks slightly better in them than yours does.

SUAVE MAHFUGGAH!

Brera

Banned
Just spent £130 on the Hollister winter sale!

Got me 2 tee shirts, 2 Henley tops, an awesome hoody, trackie bottoms and a long sleeve top!

Not bad and their material quality is awesome. They had a great hoodie jacked down from £180 to £31 but I waited too long and they all sold out! Bummer!

Screw the haters!

I don't really like the toe on purcells, makes your toes blobby. i think the converse-varvatos line has something kind of like that but a little cleaner looking.

It would be my first pair of converse, i've always avoided them because with my big feet and skinny frame they look like clown shoes. The purcells toe looks a little more subdued.

Yeah, if you do have larger feet I would skip cons entirely and go with tretorn or something along those lines. The shape of converse tends to look like giant boards at larger sizes.

bob page

Yeah, if you do have larger feet I would skip cons entirely and go with tretorn or something along those lines. The shape of converse tends to look like giant boards at larger sizes.

The thing about Tretorn, though, is that they don't really fit for wide feet. They work great for me since my feet are slim.

opinions!

I don't think anyone should be paying $200+ for jeans anymore. That time in fashion is done. Levi's has introduced/pushed a bunch of great cuts (513, 514, 521, etc) that cover all the expensive brands looks, at around $80, and at a super high quality. Diesel also over-brands a lot of their jeans and that annoys the crap out of me.

I've got 2 pairs of 513s and a pair of 521s, and i never ever wear any other jeans i own (a pair of 7s, a pair of ernest sewns)

Note: Levi's Made & Crafted line (which came out when they merged their Capital E line into their normal line) aren't even worth the cost, IMO. They are great jeans, but the cuts aren't that much different than reg. levis. I am not going to pay $150 more for finer denim. Sorry.

Yami

Speaking of low-profile shoes, I love my Vans E-street's in black (Knost)

img58111426.jpg

Green insole made from yoga mat which makes it super comfy even barefoot. Dubbed as a 'surf' shoe; made for lounging around after a day surfing, it's a perfect chilled out shoe that I just love. Plus the super low-profile makes even regular Vans look fat and chunky on the sole.

Cheap Monday.

Also, I hate Diesel. And not because their stuff isn't really my "thang", but purely because they seem to be the most over-priced brand in the cosmos. They also have an "unsavoury ethnic appeal" of sorts; in Australia, anyway. I'm Greek, so I can say this :).

That being said, the Diesels do look better.

That sounds kinda racist?

jasonng

Ordered up this bag the other day, looking forward to receiving it. Been needing a more grown-up messenger bag, and this £70 leather satchel hits the mark.

083010593960.jpg
Link? I'm due for a new messenger bag myself. My Jack Bauer one is finally showing its age.

Boken

Banned

img58111426.jpg

Green insole made from yoga mat which makes it super comfy even barefoot. Dubbed as a 'surf' shoe; made for lounging around after a day surfing, it's a perfect chilled out shoe that I just love. Plus the super low-profile makes even regular Vans look fat and chunky on the sole.
Those look awesome

Yay or nay gaf?

V9Ewr.jpg
This too.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't think anyone should be paying $200+ for jeans anymore. That time in fashion is done. Levi's has introduced/pushed a bunch of great cuts (513, 514, 521, etc) that cover all the expensive brands looks, at around $80, and at a super high quality. Diesel also over-brands a lot of their jeans and that annoys the crap out of me.

I've got 2 pairs of 513s and a pair of 521s, and i never ever wear any other jeans i own (a pair of 7s, a pair of ernest sewns)

Note: Levi's Made & Crafted line (which came out when they merged their Capital E line into their normal line) aren't even worth the cost, IMO. They are great jeans, but the cuts aren't that much different than reg. levis. I am not going to pay $150 more for finer denim. Sorry.
Try on a pair of nice expensive jeans and you'll see how wrong you are.

bob page

Try on a pair of nice expensive jeans and you'll see how wrong you are.

I'm inclined to agree with him- at least compared to those that are in the ~$70-100 price range, I don't really see or feel a difference. Cost vs. benefit really isn't there for me.

Boken

Banned
The longer you can keep the shoes looking brand new, the more the ladies get impressed!

RE: expensive jeans. I think you can certainly tell the difference. Although Levi's are pretty darn good for their price, the quality of the fabric feels nicer on more expensive jeans and the inking is better too. I am really not a fan of Diesel though.

coldvein

Banned

img58111426.jpg

i got a yoga mat for christmas once...i have finally found a use for it!

Alucrid

Banned
I'm inclined to agree with him- at least compared to those that are in the ~$70-100 price range, I don't really see or feel a difference. Cost vs. benefit really isn't there for me.
Have you ever handled samurai, iron heart, pure blue japan, strike golds, etc. jeans? The difference between Levis or diesel jeans is readily apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom