• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Is it possible to get shirts not to shrink? I just bought a couple and they look great and fit perfect but I know that if they shrink a little I probably wont wear them again.

I buy Large but my perfect size is Large Tall which almost nobody sells. Xlarge is just way too much fabric. Shrinking is my worst enemy :(

Alucrid

Banned
Is it possible to get shirts not to shrink? I just bought a couple and they look great and fit perfect but I know that if they shrink a little I probably wont wear them again.

I buy Large but my perfect size is Large Tall which almost nobody sells. Xlarge is just way too much fabric. Shrinking is my worst enemy :(
Wash cold, hang dry

clip

Can anyone ID what style of Asics shoes these are?
2x.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Do you guys think those clarks would work with semi formal clothing?

I have a thing coming up and I just realized that some dress shoes I bought a year back do not fit quite well.

Doytch

Can anyone ID what style of Asics shoes these are?
https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/images.path.com/photos2/a0dba547-a4ac-4dfb-acc0-8bb87b5326a6/2x.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They're a Mexico 66, and Google tells me they're the Castle Rock Grey colourway.

bob page

Woo, just got a pair of Robert Wayne Linen Oxfords at Last Call for $40.

I've had my eye on these shoes FOREVER when they were at $80, then they dropped to $60 but I had trouble finding them in my size. Today, they had my size and they launched their President's Day sale so I insta-bought them at $42.

http://www.lastcall.com/store/catal...bert%2BWayne%2BClearance%26_requestid%3D13042

I got those last year and they definitely look awesome, but fit small/narrow. Still, great looking shoe.

bowery

ASOS has stuff like this for around 150
image1xl.jpg

And around 250 for Topman
S87J19BBLK87T19BBLK_large.jpg

Just trying to figure out whats better in the range for a suit ill be wearing for like a month till i can afford/ really need a higher quality one.

dudeworld

you mentioned the hat but no comment on that hilarious suit in the other pic? shit's almost up to his knees he's floodin' so bad

lol I saw the hat and immediately hit reply. Are those pics from H&M? their model pics usually suck. I'm pretty sure they photoshop the clothes onto the models

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah on second thought these look like shit, and H&M doesnt ship to US, fuck.

Don't get me wrong, I think that's a legitimate style. I just think it's a legitimate style that is completely inappropriate for virtually every male that wears one regularly.

f0nz0

Need help with a hat id .., looks sorta like a fedora but a bit more rounded at the top, the brim is rounded up all around unlike the fedora which is rounded up in the back and flattened out in the front, they usually are made of straw and have that "beach/lounge" look to them, anyone know what I'm talking about??

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
His suit looks like it'd explode if he sat down. Haha.

frankly it looks like it's exploding while he's standing up. the bunching at the knees gives it away.

and i'm sorry, sometimes a touch of flood is ultra hip if you have some italian slippers and bright-colored argyle socks, but this one is muy terrible. what is that, 4" off the ground?

Desi

frankly it looks like it's exploding while he's standing up. the bunching at the knees gives it away.

and i'm sorry, sometimes a touch of flood is ultra hip if you have some italian slippers and bright-colored argyle socks, but this one is muy terrible. what is that, 4" off the ground?

i would never follow any of your "wisdom".

Anywho Topman suits are far from normal business attire. Jackets come up too high in the back and the pants are slim. You can try Zara as they do have a suiting section with more appropriate cuts. club Monaco is your best bet if you are on a budget of the sort.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'll never pretend to have wisdom about fashion, just stating opinions. I try to remember that what I wear isn't me, it's an introduction. Or something.

Good luck with your look.

Need help with a hat id .., looks sorta like a fedora but a bit more rounded at the top, the brim is rounded up all around unlike the fedora which is rounded up in the back and flattened out in the front, they usually are made of straw and have that "beach/lounge" look to them, anyone know what I'm talking about??

A Trilby? Hang on, I'll try and find a pic...

9Ekwb.png

(By the way, those two gentlemen are wearing too small a hat for their head size.)

freshair

Has anyone here signed-up for one of those monthly clothes shipments programs? I know Trunk Club started the trend (https://trunkclub.com/) but many of their clothing options are frankly out of my price range.

So anways, I just signed up for Frank & Oak (based in Montreal, but ships to the U.S) and all the clothing on their site are < $50 each.

And today they just launched their "Hunter Club" in which they ship you "curated" clothing items every month tailored to your style (based on a few questions/answers), and it's free shipping both ways. They only charge you if you decide to keep something and there's no obligation to. If you do decide to purchase something, you'll get 10% off towards a future purchase.

They seem to have some nice things and I'll report back when I get first shipment next month. But if anyone wants to get in the site now, PM me and I can send you an invite. Apparently it's a referral invite link, but I don't know if you'd get in any quicker.

Screen-Shot-2012-02-17-at-12.36.38-PM.png

product-listing.jpg

frank-oak-editorial.png

Mik2121

I see some people talking about cargo pants here.. that reminds me I got myself some last week. Pretty nice design too!. I can't find pics of the exact ones I have in the same color. But basically...

lee08869_2.jpg

The ones on the top left. In a different color, they'd look like this:

img57768392.jpg

But with a much better fit, and with some nice design shirts and sneakers. In this picture it looks kinda awful :p

Damn Nudie jeans are awesome. I would buy some if I didn't think I was going to grow out of them in a year or so.

I got some in the Januaury sales two years ago and the were my favorite jeans for so long. I sometimes ride BMX in them and I managed to rip the crotch ;(
Tough old jeans though, survived shit loads of abuse.

Einbroch

Banned
I know you guys rip on Aldo, but Call It Spring boots are insanely cheap at JCP right now.

Here.

Yes, I work at JCP. Got three pairs for under $40. These aren't awful, they really aren't. Of course, not amazing, but for $16 or $18? Could do a lot worse. In store too. Actually my store has a few of the $18 for $15, and so on.

dudeworld

I know you guys rip on Aldo, but Call It Spring boots are insanely cheap at JCP right now.

Here.

Yes, I work at JCP. Got three pairs for under $40. These aren't awful, they really aren't. Of course, not amazing, but for $16 or $18? Could do a lot worse. In store too. Actually my store has a few of the $18 for $15, and so on.

lol for that price, even if they do suck, you can just buy a few pairs

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Here.

Slightly OT, but...did GAF already discuss how JCP completely co-opted the rejected GAP logo? Wow that's terrible.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Here.

None of the ones I would've bought are available in my size, how shocking.

Regardless of how most of the fashionistas feel about the quality of Aldo, H&M, Urban, whatev... The stuff I own has held up perfectly fine for years. God only knows what some of you are doing in these clothes that causes them to explode after two weeks.

Alucrid

Banned
yo alucrid what size is that jacket, and what size do you usually take (46?)? probably getting a dark brown goatskin cwu jacket while it's still around.

It's a sample so it's not quite stock size, it's a 45/46ish with longer sleeves and lengths than normal stock it seems. I do have that olive MA-1 that's a stock 46 so that might help you judge a bit better. Brown goatskin is gonna be dope though. But yeah, for regular jackets I generally roll with a 46 since stock fits me well without going completely mtm. I'll just alter the lengths as I feel I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom