• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I knew how to measure myself. TOJ has some nice jackets.
stroll into urban outfitters with a fabric measuring tape, pick a nicely fitting jacket from their racks and get some numbers in the fitting room.

edit my copping finger is getting itchy kind of want
kvOHY.png

luiztfc

Hi Gaf.

Could you recommend a good leather messenger bag (preferably darker brown) for a recently graduated lawyer? I know looks are pretty important when it comes to a first impression, be it with a client, other lawyers or even a judge, so I'm looking for a good leather messenger bag that conveys a professional image.

Thanks!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Hi Gaf.

Could you recommend a good leather messenger bag (preferably darker brown) for a recently graduated lawyer? I know looks are pretty important when it comes to a first impression, be it with a client, other lawyers or even a judge, so I'm looking for a good leather messenger bag that conveys a professional image.

Thanks!

I'm fond of Gucci's leather bags. I bought a brown one for my iPad last fall, it looks neat.

223665_AIZ1G_2044_001_web_full.jpg

That might be a little on the 'rough and tumble' side, I don't know, I'm not involved in that arena. Something from glaser design would certainly work but it's quite a big of $$.

edit:
45161879pd_12_f.jpg

Homam, $650ish on yoox right now. I have a few gloves and leather items from them, all are made very very well. Kind of tempted to get this myself for the future but eehhh not a huge priority at the moment.

luiztfc

Not really an expert on that kind of thing, but this is the first thing that came to mind:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Briefcase-Thin.html?sc=8&category=83

I'm quite in love with Saddleback products. I was reading earlier their site and now I'm pretty crazy about leather quality (http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Leather-101.html). And the bag you pointed is pretty good looking. The only problem (besides price, but this is a high quality bag/leather) is that the bag itself weights aprox. 6.5~7.5 lbs. Since I have to carry a a lot of paper, law compilations and my iPad, I was looking for something lighter.

(they have a few colors...check out Chestnut and Dark Coffee Brown)

Maybe not professional enough, though.

I'm fond of Gucci's leather bags. I bought a brown one for my iPad last fall, it looks neat.

223665_AIZ1G_2044_001_web_full.jpg

This seems nice, I'll research about it.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Revealing how? Like it's a little transparent or it clings to your body too much?

It's really transparent, it doesn't show much on the pic but you can see pretty much everything IRL. I'm not comfortable wearing a shirt where everyone can see my nipples.

Alucrid

Banned
I see, going by the numbers I'm a 46 with an inch longer in the sleeves, maybe. Hoping the dark brown goat is still around, I need that knit collar CWU flight jacket so bad hah.

Do it, that'll look great. The new goat leather is pretty cool, especially how it differentiates from the lamb and calf. Plus, it's goddamn goat leather.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Not really an expert on that kind of thing, but this is the first thing that came to mind:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Briefcase-Thin.html?sc=8&category=83

(they have a few colors...check out Chestnut and Dark Coffee Brown)

Maybe not professional enough, though.

Haha...

Recommending Saddleback now huh? Did you get the wallet yet?

stroll into urban outfitters with a fabric measuring tape, pick a nicely fitting jacket from their racks and get some numbers in the fitting room.

edit my copping finger is getting itchy kind of want
kvOHY.png

Damn, nice. I really like this style of boot.

Gaf did I waist money on the Clarks? (they aren't here yet...)

Damn, nice. I really like this style of boot.

Gaf did I waist money on the Clarks? (they aren't here yet...)
Clarks are fine for the money and are good kick-around boots. You might end up hating them though once you start messing with nicer stuff. It's natural. ;)

The image is Giuliano Fujiwara, which you can get @ the corner on sale for $298 vs $800 or something, also in black. Sizes are kind of limited so just don't jump on my brown size 9s :p

Might want to buy some anti-persperant, I'm coming up on the 9th week of waiting on my leather :|
hah well i'm not in a huge hurry but yeah I dread the upcoming wait. Will be scanning for shipping notifications every day.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Not if they were cheap enough.

I had two pair of clarks fall apart on me a few years ago with not much use, so ive sworn them off for good.

Damn...I did pay more then I wanted to. I am very happy with the way they look, however.

Out of curiosity, are most of you in the UK?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
looking for some nice wool/cotton/ or cashmere pullover sweaters? Any advice? There are some A.P.C. ones for about $150, but that a bit over my budget. Should I just wait for a J. Crew sale? Looking for something under $100, preferably in black.

DS-61-5

Need help with a hat id .., looks sorta like a fedora but a bit more rounded at the top, the brim is rounded up all around unlike the fedora which is rounded up in the back and flattened out in the front, they usually are made of straw and have that "beach/lounge" look to them, anyone know what I'm talking about??

In case you're still wondering about this, it's called a Panama hat (technically from Ecuador; got the name because they used to be shipped from Panama). If you do get one, get a proper one [though probably not starting with a Montecristi upfront] and not one you see at a mall shopping cart vendor also hawking the dreadful cheap trilbies.

maxxpower

So I have three pairs of boots, and I love boots but I can't for the life of me find a decent pair of jeans that don't look weird with boots. I have skinny legs so I prefer a tight fit around my legs.

overcast

Shit. I really need some new shoes. I've been wearing chucks for a few years, and while good to wear casually.. I want something that looks nice. Maybe brown?

I don't know what I want, quite frankly. I just got a job, and with my first paycheck I want to get some good/fresh ass shoes. Just post what you guys wear with some jeans if anything. It would honestly be a great help.

Alucrid

Banned
Shit. I really need some new shoes. I've been wearing chucks for a few years, and while good to wear casually.. I want something that looks nice. Maybe brown?

I don't know what I want, quite frankly. I just got a job, and with my first paycheck I want to get some good/fresh ass shoes. Just post what you guys wear with some jeans if anything. It would honestly be a great help.

6a00d83455c78869e20120a8dfa296970b-500wi

d25bb_footwearmaisonmartinmar.jpg

I like white

you want something low-key or something with a little flash in them?

overcast

you want something low-key or something with a little flash in them?
Hmm.. A little flashy, but not exactly popping with colors or anything. Some interesting brown sneakers would be nice. Something that would go great with jeans and a plain black T.

I like the first pair you posted Alucrid, what are they?

overcast

Wow.. 300 dollars. No way can I get those. I was thinking 80-100 max lol.

The ones you posted are definitely too flashy for me to wear.

In my opinion, the kind of watch you like will really depend on your style. Street-style? Casual? Metal? Leather? Wood? Tons of options.

Well I want something classy! I might like leather or metal, but I am definitely not looking for something too casual. I want something that says "Hey, I am on top of my shit now, I wear this shit with pride, not because my mommy bought it"

Musan

Well I want something classy! I might like leather or metal, but I am definitely not looking for something too casual. I want something that says "Hey, I am on top of my shit now, I wear this shit with pride, not because my mommy bought it"

I say go over to the timepiece thread and ask there. Also, do a bit of research to see what you would like (automatic versus quartz movement, emerald vs. mineral windows, etc.). I also was looking for a watch in that price range a month ago, went with an Orient for $115. Seikos are also worth looking into.

pj

Banned
Any leads on shoes like this for < $200?

Ben Sherman Men's Myas Laser Derby Lace Up
heTjG.png

I really like them, but it appears they aren't available anymore

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Those look great! Been meaning to get Clarks for a while in that color. Might finally cave. Do you mind taking a pic of you wearing them with jeans? I'm curious how they would look. :)

Sure! Can it wait till tomorrow? I Prefer taking photos in good lighting/no flash.

If it means anything, definitely wear these with either skinny or slim cut denim/pants. IMO they look awful with anything loose or regular.

Sure! Can it wait till tomorrow? I Prefer taking photos in good lighting/no flash.

If it means anything, definitely wear these with either skinny or slim cut denim/pants. IMO they look awful with anything loose or regular.
Of course man! Thanks.

Yeah I was planning on wearing them with skinny jeans lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom