• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are those cuffs absolutely mangled?
god i don't know but it looks fucking awful fuck.

i dig the wwm/eg lite thing but some of the cuts make the dudes look really bottom heavy (jackets are worn too short and narrow imo for the cut of the pants) and the cuffs oh god the cuffs.

the casual shirts look nice enough

Alucrid

Banned
god i don't know but it looks fucking awful fuck.

i dig the wwm/eg lite thing but some of the cuts make the dudes look really bottom heavy (jackets are worn too short and narrow imo for the cut of the pants) and the cuffs oh god the cuffs.

the casual shirts look nice enough

15 is the worst

Doytch

Kind of dig the linen [?] blazer in 5. Moving from Toronto to Raleigh was murder for me in the summer last year, need something super lightweight.
Alucrid said:
15 is the worst
Wicked awesome moire on that shot. :lol

MV5BMjAyMzI0NTU0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc0MjAwNQ@@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

GAF, what kind of shirt is this? My friend is convinced its a vneck but I'm not so sure.

Kind of dig the linen [?] blazer in 5. Moving from Toronto to Raleigh was murder for me in the summer last year, need something super lightweight.
yeah the individual items are mostly fine I just don't get the weird style choices. it's like a lot of the really annoying fuckyeahmenswear trends rolled onto one dude.

Any of you guys checked out Frank & Oak?

http://foak.co/hwnh/1ubd

They get some nice stuff once in a while. And yes, clicking that helps me get my membership. Feel free to sign up and refer friends.

EDIT: beaten lol. But if you could sign up using my link, I'd appreciate it :)

So I finally ordered CP Achilles low in white. Yeaaaaah
ballin... you have any others? I wonder how the ach fits vs the bball hi or the tourney mids. bball high is probably my favorite, I gotta say..

also, sending my toj payment as soon as it drops into my paypal account. damn you bank transfers.

generally on topic I think I'm gonna rep fujiwara hard next year. not sure about tone on tone skirts yet tho hah. but some of that footwear and outerwear is so good.

and crazydog there is a lot of discount swag out there to be copped by the wise and with it. I still don't know why I haven't gotten those brown (or black?!) fujiwaras yet hah.

ballin

sending my toj payment as soon as it drops into my paypal account. damn you bank transfers.

on topic I think I'm gonna rep fujiwara hard next year. not sure about tone on tone skirts yet tho hah. but some of that footwear and outerwear is so good.

They're showing stuff for 2013 already?

Alucrid

Banned
ballin... you have any others? I wonder how the ach fits vs the bball hi or the tourney mids. bball high is probably my favorite, I gotta say..

also, sending my toj payment as soon as it drops into my paypal account. damn you bank transfers.

generally on topic I think I'm gonna rep fujiwara hard next year. not sure about tone on tone skirts yet tho hah. but some of that footwear and outerwear is so good.

and crazydog there is a lot of discount swag out there to be copped by the wise and with it. I still don't know why I haven't gotten those brown (or black?!) fujiwaras yet hah.

buy a skirt. you won't. So was it finalized as a brown goatskin cwu?

Yep, CWU-45/P Flight Jacket. Crazy nice.

Oh, mac, did you get the ribbed collar as well?
dark brown goat and yes ribbed for my pleasure. going with a PURE STOCK NOT FUCKED WIT 48 as I rechecked some jacket #'s.

Crazydog: 2012/13, they show a year ahead, so buyers can buy and producers can produce etc...

the fujiwara lookbook is nice and all but it kind of washes out a lot of the fabric detail
wTrnS.jpg

nVUgt.jpg

Po73e.jpg

9WWvl.jpg

confetti lug soles all over my face

kaskade

I'm looking for some new sunglasses. I have the aviators and wayfarers so I'm look for something else, a little more trendy I guess.

I saw these in store and really like the way that they looked on my face. Best way I can describe them in almost a blend of the aviator and wayfarer styling.

Mk5F8.png

But doing some browsing I found these ray-bans. They look pretty similar, and can be found cheaper than the other.

AdkyB.png

I'm thinking of maybe trying out the ray-bans on zappos since they are easy with returns if I'm not a fan.

IrishNinja

need some help, fashion-GAF! ive got a backpacking trip coming up, and also needed to get some clothes for domestic shit too.

1) what are these kinda pants? i call them Tekken pants but that's not very helpful, and i don't know where to find them. seen em at the gym and them shits look comfy/practical.

2) ive got a messenger bag that's good, but i think ill need a slightly larger one for said backpacking...i'm planning on traveling fairly light, but still fancy a satchel/bag that crosses over the shoulders rather than a backpack. any suggestions?

3) likewise, i'm gonna need some good hiking boots, but i tend to wander around my town in sandals or the lightest shoes possible - any recommendations for something in this vein? somewhat durable/weather resistant but not heavy?

that's pretty much it, i'm still curious/havent had a chance to try on those vibram five finger ninja shoes - yeah i know they look goofy but im curious how they'd manage for running.

Not sure about pants, but for the other stuff maybe something from Eastpak and shoes from palladium? The former has some nice special editions that look awesome, and the latter makes nice, durable outdoor type shit that wont look stupid in the city. The shoes are pretty lightweight too.

Boken

Banned
The rayban tortoise shell pattern is pretty bad IMO. It's too splotchy and light coloured, makes it look rather cheap and tacky.

IrishNinja

Not sure about pants, but for the other stuff maybe something from Eastpak and shoes from palladium? The former has some nice special editions that look awesome, and the latter makes nice, durable outdoor type shit that wont look stupid in the city. The shoes are pretty lightweight too.

looking at both those sites...these are some good recommendations man, thanks!
trick now is seeing if i can find a local spot that carries them - i'm slightly reluctant buying stuff i haven't tried on, though moreso for the shoes than the bag anyway.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
bububut shouldnt i try them on first

so uh...good for running, then?

Yes, they're very good for running. They even have a special kind that is better suited for running. They take a bit of getting used to though, so don't over do it on your first day of wearing them.

Here is a thread from a few months ago about the best running shoes. The Vibram discussion begins at about post #23.

Hey guys,
I just ordered a pair of these Allen Edmonds Mctavish using the Soles4Souls discount. I think they're gorgeous. Too bad after ordering they told me it was on backorder. :/

ALLENEDMONDSMcTAVISHTAN.jpg

As for what I'll be donating, I plan to send them a pair of these Clarks Deans. I've only worn them once or twice. I bought these while in a pinch for a wedding. This was before I started to care about what clothes and shoes looked like. What do you think of these Deans? I'm not a fan of the stitching near the toe, but were they really that bad?

188816_366_45.jpg

Might be shopped but you can get your laces to look like that.

And those Clark's are awful

LOL I'm actually really happy to hear you say that. At least it confirms what my newly developed style sense was telling me. I bought them for $90 on sale at Macy's. I figure I'd be able to get $30 for them on Craigslist if I was lucky. Then I remembered that AE had a $35 discount if you donated shoes, so I thought this was the best time to get rid of shoes I didn't like, and get a pair I really liked.

entremet

So I finally ordered CP Achilles low in white. Yeaaaaah

Damn, baller.

Evertime I try to pull the trigger, I'd rather spend it on blazer, a couple MTM shirts, or trouser or jeans with that cash. My white canvas Superegas, while no CPs, still serve me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom