• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted in a while, but this was my most recent getup before a meeting. On the bottom, I have Muji dark wash slim fits rolled up over a pair of Clarks desert boots. OH, and of course, that's my dad's old skinny polka dot tie :)

431653_585027474416_132501545_31780597_2058522581_n.jpg

Fritz

Haven't posted in a while, but this was my most recent getup before a meeting. On the bottom, I have Muji dark wash slim fits rolled up over a pair of Clarks desert boots. OH, and of course, that's my dad's old skinny polka dot tie :)

"Tie it longer or are you a bus driver?" my uncle would say.

Lamel

Banned
No. They're pretty ugly.

Ha ok well anything else you recommend from that site? I just wanna use the coupon really, and I need new fashion sneakers anyway.

Also, on a separate note, I need dress shoes...but ones that work with jeans so they are like semi-casual?

something similar to this
1494(1).jpg

Obviously in a moderate price range.

Liquid_015

Gold Member

Hey man, that's Pudong Shanghai! Right across from the IFC and SWFC. Are you working in Shanghai right now, if you don't mind me asking?

Enron

Banned
Ha ok well anything else you recommend from that site? I just wanna use the coupon really, and I need new fashion sneakers anyway.

Also, on a separate note, I need dress shoes...but ones that work with jeans so they are like semi-casual?

something similar to this
1494(1).jpg

From back on page 71

Those work great with jeans.

In terms of chukkas, maybe give llbean's Signature line footwear a look? They are inexpensive and pretty good for the price, plus that awesome return policy if they don't work. Ive got a pair of llbean Sig ranger mocs, and they are pretty great for 70 bucks.

BlueMagic

Well fuck me sideways, I was getting all excited with jackthreads and it turns out that they don't ship to Argentina. Do you guys know any other similar shop that does?

It's a nice site to keep one's self in check from time to time.

also from that site:

fzsbI.png

and finally sent toj my skrilla for some sweet leathery goodness. being away from the computer in the next few weeks is a good thing, otherwise i'll check into this shit too often... alucrid get your leather yet?

Alucrid

Banned
It's a nice site to keep one's self in check from time to time.

also from that site:

http://i.imgur.com/fzsbI.png[IMG]

and finally sent toj my skrilla for some sweet leathery goodness. being away from the computer in the next few weeks is a good thing, otherwise i'll check into this shit too often... alucrid get your leather yet?[/QUOTE]

I got emailed a tracking number for my 'coat' so I'm not sure if that's the leather too or just the duffle. I'm thinking it's just the duffle though, which is great, just in time for winter to be over. :(

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hey,

Does anyone own a Chrome Citizen or Metropolis Messenger Bag? I'm planning to purchase one for University but I cannot decided which one to get in terms of size.

I usually carry 2 college textbooks, note pad portfolio, 2 moleskin notebooks, calculator, pens, headphones, and misc.

I just bought these on sale. Folk Armstrong. Probably the nicest of "that" mid/hi-top boot style, in my opinion. Not exactly cheap, though.

f9694bca274ec04c7ea4b645531a2a11_h540w455_crop.jpg

Bought a pair of these trousers yesterday..I dont even know why.They look good on but im not exactly sure what the heck im going to wear them with and they are alot brighter than im used to. Also noticed the clarks desert boot is going to be the next highstreet rip off/everyman shoe for spring.

hmprod

Bought a pair of these trousers yesterday..I dont even know why.They look good on but im not exactly sure what the heck im going to wear them with and they are alot brighter than im used to. Also noticed the clarks desert boot is going to be the next highstreet rip off/everyman shoe for spring.

hmprod

Desert boots have been there for a while now.

I haven't really seen anyone with them where im from in the UK but ive no doubt they will explode in the coming months. I suppose the weather here hasn't really lent itself to them either!

Bought a pair of these trousers yesterday..I dont even know why.They look good on but im not exactly sure what the heck im going to wear them with and they are alot brighter than im used to.
Suede shoes in bone or other light, natural colors. casual grey oxfords (peep mr hare for a good idea of what I mean). Simple sneakers. Sailorish or Similarly striped sweaters in complimentary colors. Fwiw I don't think the boots the dude is wearing work with those pants at all, too dark and too sleek/formal.

In short, they're hardcore summer pants so you mght as well embrace it :D

Have any of you guys ever had dress pants and trousers slimmed down? Most suits I own fit well in terms of jacket (overall) and pant waist, but since I have a 36 waist (6'2 210lbs) most pants fit me too loose for my liking from my thighs down. I want to get them slimmed down but I don't know how common of a request that is.

Have any of you guys ever had dress pants and trousers slimmed down? Most suits I own fit well in terms of jacket (overall) and pant waist, but since I have a 36 waist (6'2 210lbs) most pants fit me too loose for my liking from my thighs down. I want to get them slimmed down but I don't know how common of a request that is.
I know of people who have had an inch or two taken down, and it's looked fine. Probably not the most common request but a dedicated alteration shop can definitely do it without issue.

Alucrid

Banned
come visit me in ND, we have plenty of snow to shovel. perfect weather for a duffle (what kind? blue/cracked/grey?)

Dark grey, I'm a sucker for grey.

Every other dude in NYC/Brooklyn is wearing desert boots right now. I am!

Time to trash mine. :p

Tapering should be easy.

Hey,

Does anyone own a Chrome Citizen or Metropolis Messenger Bag? I'm planning to purchase one for University but I cannot decided which one to get in terms of size.

I usually carry 2 college textbooks, note pad portfolio, 2 moleskin notebooks, calculator, pens, headphones, and misc.

They have measurements of the height, width and depth on their site, so that should help.

speaking of TOJ, I'm waiting for this mystery summer jacket he keeps hinting at. His work keeps improving in terms of design so I think it will be great.

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to that too. Maybe by then I won't be poor and can afford it. Gotta step up my wardrobe before I leave for college.

Suede shoes in bone or other light, natural colors. casual grey oxfords (peep mr hare for a good idea of what I mean). Simple sneakers. Sailorish or Similarly striped sweaters in complimentary colors. Fwiw I don't think the boots the dude is wearing work with those pants at all, too dark and too sleek/formal.

In short, they're hardcore summer pants so you mght as well embrace it :D

Nice, thanks! Yeah I did think they will def come in handy for summer.

Annoyingly I need to get some lighter shoes aswell! Only got my Dark Brown boots ,which I always think are lighter than they really are.
Complimentary colours such as? Im trying to push myself outside of the black/white/grey/dark blue which are my default colours.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Damn the calves and thighs on Geller jeans are made for some scrawny dudes. I'm by no means swole, and a size 48 in these things hug the shit out of my legs. I'm going to see how much they stretch out, but I might have to flip them. They're dip dyed jeans from 09 too :(

Nice, thanks! Yeah I did think they will def come in handy for summer.

Annoyingly I need to get some lighter shoes aswell! Only got my Dark Brown boots ,which I always think are lighter than they really are.
Complimentary colours such as? Im trying to push myself outside of the black/white/grey/dark blue which are my default colours.
oranges, things like that. I wouldn't go overboard and say get a solid orange sweater, but maybe beige sweater flecked with orange and yellow yarns etc, or a shirt with a warm-hued tattersall print. Or just go lightly-tinted monochrome with everything else. The blue is pretty loud :p so it won't look bland imo

Damn the calves and thighs on Geller jeans are made for some scrawny dudes. I'm by no means swole, and a size 48 in these things hug the shit out of my legs. I'm going to see how much they stretch out, but I might have to flip them. They're dip dyed jeans from 09 too :(
I know that feel all too well. :( Shit will fit fine in the waist but those calves my god so small.

oranges, things like that. I wouldn't go overboard and say get a solid orange sweater, but maybe beige sweater flecked with orange and yellow yarns etc, or a shirt with a warm-hued tattersall print. Or just go lightly-tinted monochrome with everything else. The blue is pretty loud :p so it won't look bland imo

I know that feel all too well. :( Shit will fit fine in the waist but those calves my god so small.

I will keep an eye out then! This is the only bit of clothing with orange on that I own currently haha
470.jpeg

Alucrid

Banned
speaking of TOJ, I'm waiting for this mystery summer jacket he keeps hinting at. His work keeps improving in terms of design so I think it will be great.
The lamb suede one? Yeah can wait for that. The dress pants he posted look great as well, thinking of getting a pair in navy

bob page

What's a good way to repair suede shoes? I brushed mine a bit too hard and the suede fibers got pushed up a bit and not as smooth as before. Will any spray or lotion fix this?

Where do the really small guys in here go for their clothes. Keep in mind I'm 5"7' 125lbs. Thanks

Internet or a h&m type store. A lot of bands like brooks and so on do have small sized clothing, but IME actually finding it in a store is difficult depending on where you live.

You sound like a size XS/44 EU. Go forth. Deep ass sales on yoox and shit.

Start with shoes tho. You'll be bummed if you're rolling around in some dope jacket and you're rocking some wack sneakers. Best to start from the bottom.

Internet or a h&m type store. A lot of bands like brooks and so on do have small sized clothing, but IME actually finding it in a store is difficult depending on where you live.

You sound like a size XS/44 EU. Go forth. Deep ass sales on yoox and shit.

Start with shoes tho. You'll be bummed if you're rolling around in some dope jacket and you're rocking some wack sneakers. Best to start from the bottom.

Yeah I'm saving right now. I want to get something basic with good materials. I know Common projects fits the bill but they're hella expensive. Any other recommendations?

Yeah I'm saving right now. I want to get something basic with good materials. I know Common projects fits the bill but they're hella expensive. Any other recommendations?
post your size and I can point you at some shit.

edit: I don't have personal experience with Loake but typically for english shoes just knock off a integer from your US size and you'll likely be in the right spot. I'm a US 9 and a UK 8 (across 4-5 different shoes, 3 manufacturers).

post your size and I can point you at some shit.

edit: I don't have personal experience with Loake but typically for english shoes just knock off a integer from your US size and you'll likely be in the right spot. I'm a US 9 and a UK 8 (across 4-5 different shoes, 3 manufacturers).

Im a 10 US usually but depending on the shoe I could wear a 10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom