• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peep doucal's on yoox... Very similar to CP, quality is very nice. They have a nice black suede with patent trim on there for $98

but deep down you know you should swag out in these:
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/GIULI...y/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/44345856KC/sts/sr_men80
44345856kc_12_f.jpg

CFMOORE!

Is there a certain number of posts I have to make in this thread before I can tell others that something looks hideous, like those shoes?

just as everyone in here has an opinion on what looks good so do you, opinion away and who gives a fuck about saying something looks ugly. a lot of people in here have objectionable style.

Okay guys so I'm going out clubbing (gay clubs if that makes a difference) with my friends again this weekend and this is what I wore last weekend:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/421907_10150556389876646_685251645_9409985_551189985_n.jpg

I know terrible picture, and it has dress shoes. I wanna get another shirt and maybe some shoes but I don't know what goes with the jeans I just bought.

I was thinking of a blue shirt this time but have no idea what kind of shoes would look good.

Thanks for your help!~

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's a natural color, so roll with natural hues and neutrals. A light blue blazer might look good, kind of how it looks nice in that picture :)

A second vote for light blue here.

I wore out a pair of deep maroon trousers, pale blue button-up, suspenders (which I know people here hate, but whatevs), gold and pale blue socks, and some dark brown broques to a retro soul night a few weeks ago and got complements all night long.

f0rk

I'm going to New York over Easter, anyone got any recommendations on stores to visit? I was looking at Supreme (nothing more expensive than there I think) to give you an idea of style, not sure how that stuff flies in here.

Ash_69

Agreed that is a terrible fitting t.

Also, CrazyDogg77, look no further than Zara. Best fitting clothes I've ever worn (winter and autumn). Can't comment on t shirts etc as I haven't bought any yet!

Edit - Just remembered a revelation I wanted to inform you guys of. Working in the square mile, I need a crap load of formal business shirts and I have yet to find one that fits perfectly. TM Lewin’s John Francomb classics have been the best so far however I have had 2 of them rip at the elbows and one at the collar. Strange as they feel like they are pretty good quality. Anyway, I have an abnormally large neck for my frame which has been a problem when it comes to getting a decent shirt that does not look like you are wearing a bed sheet draped around you.

I stumbled across http://www.tailorstore.co.uk/ online which create tailored shirts based on the specifications you give them. You can either measure a shirt that you already like and they will replicate, give them body measurements with how would like the cut (slim, normal, relaxed etc) or by a standard xs, s, m etc. I opted for the first and tweaked some of the measurements. In addition, there is a crazy amount of customization from collar stiffness and thickness to cuffs.

Holy fuck. The 20-25 minutes it took to provide a billion different measurements was definitely worth it after receiving a near perfect shirt two weeks later. I am never buying a shirt off the rail ever again. My only minor (and I mean minor) compliant is that the arm holes are maybe a cm high although I will adjust that for my next order.

5amshift

Banned
Just ordered this messenger bag as my replacement for my "PoS" backpack:

london_citizenhero_enlarge_1_1.jpg

london_citizenv2_enlarge.jpg

What do you guys think?

I own a Seagull bag which are handmade in Ohio and are unbelievable. Many different sizes to choose from. I own a large Black Bag, which is just all black and cheap, but you can choose from a ton of designs or just make your own.

Midas

Maybe it's just the model they've used, but that tshirt has a horrible fitting.

Might be. I have another t-shirt from Dries and bought in the same size. I can return it for free if I don't like it though. It's all good. :)

I ah... not a fan of the colour. Also, is it me or do the the sleeves seem a little long for a tee?

The color of the stripes is what I like about it. Regarding the sleeves: I'm not sure either. We'll see!

Okay guys so I'm going out clubbing (gay clubs if that makes a difference) with my friends again this weekend and this is what I wore last weekend:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/421907_10150556389876646_685251645_9409985_551189985_n.jpg

I know terrible picture, and it has dress shoes. I wanna get another shirt and maybe some shoes but I don't know what goes with the jeans I just bought.

I was thinking of a blue shirt this time but have no idea what kind of shoes would look good.

Thanks for your help!~

Shirt is way too big for you. Plus you should probably not wear all black. Ever. Unless your alter ego is Neo from the Matrix, in which case ignore this.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Just bought this Dries van Noten t-shirt.

37369379ov_11_r.jpg

The cut looks exactly like one designed for a woman. Look at the shoulders, how it's pulled in above the hips...

Now, maybe you're going for that early-20s female look. But guys need shirts that make them look like an upside down triangle, not an hourglass.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, so I ordered some shit from Everlane. They're like those other sites except they offer their own shit at really great prices. Ordered some T-shirts and backpacks already, I think they look great. I'll get back to ya'll when I've got them...in the mean time, here's my invite link if you feel like using it. If you're on styleforum hit up the rep in that thread to get instant activation. He gave me a $5 credit too, which was nice.

Yeah, so I ordered some shit from Everlane. They're like those other sites except they offer their own shit at really great prices. Ordered some T-shirts and backpacks already, I think they look great. I'll get back to ya'll when I've got them...in the mean time, here's my invite link if you feel like using it. If you're on styleforum hit up the rep in that thread to get instant activation. He gave me a $5 credit too, which was nice.

Yeah I was just about to ask if anyone knew about this site. Just have to wait for my invite.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah I was just about to ask if anyone knew about this site. Just have to wait for my invite.

Head on over to styleforum and check out the everlane thread there. A guy who's an SF'er works for Everlane and will activate you instantly if you shoot him a pm with the email you used.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Head on over to styleforum and check out the everlane thread there. A guy who's an SF'er works for Everlane and will activate you instantly if you shoot him a pm with the email you used.

Really? Even if we just signed up for the styleforum??!

overcast

So I am going to prom with my GF late next month (2nd year in a row, I graduated last year, she's still in HS).

This year I wanted to go a bit more stylish. I was planning on rocking a blazer, with a slim tie, slim dress pants and a crisp white button up, sleeves rolled up. Brand new black and white chucks to go with it.

Any advice on where to get a great blazer, slim dress pants, and a great white dress shirt to go with it? I pretty much want everything to be pretty slim fit. As I am a tall and pretty skinny guy. I'm at 6'3, 170-175. Hopefully nothing too outrageous in price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

H&M, Express, etc. I assume you don't want to spend a lot of money?

ps do not wear chucks plz. It will kill the slim and crisp thing you're going for. They're flat and blobby shoes.

overcast

ps do not wear chucks plz. It will kind of kill the slim and crisp thing you're going for. They're flat and blobby shoes.
I am looking at around 200 for the whole package. Any shoes to look at? I don't want to wear dress shoes. I'll take any recommendations though.

overcast

Well I'm not sure. I'll have to see. I figure 50-60 each for the blazer, pants and dress shirt. Not sure about the shoes. 20 - 30 on the tie? I definitely could be judging this wrong.

I'm not sure if dress shoes would go with the outfit? Idk, I'm sure there are some that would look great with the outfit.

Alucrid

Banned

ps do not wear chucks plz. It will kill the slim and crisp thing you're going for. They're flat and blobby shoes.

H&M can get you a suit for ~100 bucks, shirt and tie can be easily had with the rest.

"Tie it longer or are you a bus driver?" my uncle would say.

You're right, wearing it longer would be the correct way to do it. But I'm a short thin guy - 5'5" 135 pounds - so I try to add details that add length to my body. I've seen guys in street fashion blogs that have pulled it off. Maybe an extra inch wouldn't hurt.

Hey man, that's Pudong Shanghai! Right across from the IFC and SWFC. Are you working in Shanghai right now, if you don't mind me asking?

yes sir! i do live here and it's quite an amazing city! I've been here for 4 months, mostly learning Chinese and trying to start a company on the side. Shanghai is kind of a fashion paradise - you have the fabric market where you pretty much get anything made for a decent price. and you have the street fashion - full-on pink pajamas out on the street, fur vested cruella devilles, and just plain funky weirdness everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom