• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I have this same bag, in black/red. The problem with Chrome bags is they dont really have any compartments in them, which can be awkward. There's no padding or anything.

Quick Question since you already own the bag, can you put a ton of stuff in it? I'm primarily using this as my backpack for school, and I was wondering if you can put textbooks, 2 moleskin notebooks, 2-3 .5inch folders, and other things? Thanks!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Banana Republic basically has a 50% off sale today (BRNOW40 takes 40% off one full priced item, BRSAVE takes an additional 20% off, codes stack)

Picked up this jacket for $47 (normally $98)

Added a pair of socks to get the free shipping at $50.

Gap is supposed to have a 40% off sale tomorrow too.

SpeedingUptoStop

Huh, that jacket is... so spartan it looks pretty good.

Bunch of commenters on other sites have said it looks even better in real life. I needed something for spring / harsh weather summer, this looked pretty good, especially for the price, which is right about the range I wanted to pay.

Anduron

Bunch of commenters on other sites have said it looks even better in real life. I needed something for spring / harsh weather summer, this looked pretty good, especially for the price, which is right about the range I wanted to pay.

Awesome I'm in the same boat, just grabbed one, thanks!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Love everything about that jacket except the giant oval stitching on the pockets.

If I didn't already have one extremely similar (an Old Navy piece, actually), I might go for it. The real difference between the two is the collar. Mine has a severe popped collar that could actually be folded down, but is good for some chin/mouth/coverage in the cold wind.

Soon time for some clothes for spring/summer. I'm thinking the 2 most expensive investments will be a nice blazer and some jeans. I like the look of this

ImageServerMexx

Somewhere in between casual and dressed up. What do you guys think?

I like the shoes where can I get some shoes like that?

Ash_69

Fashion gaf, I usually know what I like when it comes to clothing, but, I am a little unsure when it comes to sunglasses which I am now in the market for.

They need to be versatile enough so I can wear them casually as well as with a suit. I've narrowed it down to two:

Ray ban aviators (small)
4176.jpg

or

Oakley plaintiff

4d4068df551b2.jpg

I'm leaning towards the oakleys. What does everyone think?

bob page

I'd never heard of Uniqlo before (though it did sound familiar) but looked it up to find this jacket. I like it. Not that I'll buy it... but at least now I know about it!

Uniqlo is huge in NYC (and other global cities)- they're making big expansions to Chicago and SF pretty soon. They're big on minimal and functional design without costing extreme amounts.

Speaking of Uniqlo, they have some march madness deals coming up. I saw a subway ad today saying their chinos are going on sale March 26th for $20.

h1nch

Curious to get fashion-GAF's opinion on this leather jacket:

59123358et_12_f.jpg

Maison-Martin-Margiela-1925-biker-leather-jacket.jpg

I've been looking for a new leather jacket to invest in and I'm really digging the slim fit biker jacket look. The only thing that worries me (well besides, investing in a jacket that I can't try on) is the sleeve length.

Alternatively, if you guys hate it, I'd love to hear any recommendations you all have.

Is that margiela? The sleeves are surprisingly long, looks like something Rick Owens would make. Tbh, the classic MMM 5 zip is nicer looking to me, the side zips on that are weird when the jacket is zipped up. Though it does look good in the second pic, so if you like it go for it? Assuming there isn't a cuff button or zipper you should be able to alter it without much fuss. I get the impression that it was made long on purpose,so try it and see?

Sorry if this isn't much help hah

h1nch

Is that margiela? The sleeves are surprisingly long, looks like something Rick Owens would make. Tbh, the classic MMM 5 zip is nicer looking to me, the side zips on that are weird when the jacket is zipped up. Though it does look good in the second pic, so if you like it go for it? Assuming there isn't a cuff button or zipper you should be able to alter it without much fuss. I get the impression that it was made long on purpose,so try it and see?

Sorry if this isn't much help hah

Thanks for the feedback!

It is a margiela yes. Its not on their site (found it on yoox) so I'm guessing its a discontinued style?

which 5 zip are you referring to? I see this on their online store:

41189707JR_13_f.jpg

I actually like this one better. The problem is I don't want to pay the full retail price, and on yoox the only one I see is this:

59123402op_12_f.jpg

Looks to be the same one except the zippers are like...not there. Not sure whats up with the pic. I'm worried about which jacket I'll actually get. Also, the description seems to indicate that there aren't any side pockets which would bum me out, though the first jacket doesn't seem to have them either (but the description says they do?)

Also, I'm a total fashion-tard. I'm generally a jeans and tshirt kinda guy, but now that I'm better off financially I really want to round out my wardrobe with some good stuff, and a good leather jacket is at the top of my list. So please forgive my ignorance. I've tried to check out all the sites in the OP and read up on some of the blogs.

I don't know about the first one you posted, but that second one, where the side zippers look like embossing, is literally a zipper covered in leather. So uh, don't get that unless you are a cheeky bastard :p And yeah, yoox is usually last years (or last decade's in a few cases) stuff.

The first one you posted probably has zippers but they're tucked away out of sight. Get it if you really like it, like I said, it looks good in the second 'angle' pic. I doubt you'll be bummed by the fit and quality. Margiela runs true to size (us small = EU46), so extrapolate from there.

Yoox tends to make things, even good things, look like shit fwiw.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
New Suit, light gray:

Somehow i don't like the combination of pocketsquare and tieclip, to many horizontal things going on... What you guys think?

Nice suit!

I'd go with one or the other...leaning towards keeping the clip, maybe its because of the belt buckle?

Get to wear my suit tomorrow night :) Cost me enough bloody money so its nice to get some use out of it!

Jme

Looks sharp, and I like the combo as-is, for the exact reason you don't like it lol (the vertical lines tie things together for me, but if you drop one, drop the square, the clip compliments the belt nicely.)

SpeedingUptoStop

40% off code for GAP in store:

http://gap.aditive.com/page/mycode?code=9X6W8N4WC7F3N72R

Just change the numbers around to generate a new code for yourself. I don't even think they scan the thing, the clerks just punch in a code at check out when they see the thing. Gonna pick up some green chinos and a jeans belt tomorrow. Summertime clothes GET.

Picked up the pants, which were more faded than I expected, but I liked them more for that actually. Also, a belt and this shirt was on sale so I grabbed that too.

CameraZOOM-20120309132314893.jpg

low-G

I need new frames for my glasses. Does anyone have a chart or article on optimal frame shapes for face shapes? Any basic rules?

The people who sell the lenses always have things to say about face shapes and lens shapes...

SpeedingUptoStop

They look a bit too wide through the leg- not sure if it's just me though.

The picture was taken as soon as I put them on, so I didn't adjust much. Think I'll be rolling them up just a little bit most of the time I'll wear them, unfortunately 28 length is online only, but it's no biggie.

soultron

Banned
sankt-Antonio, you're looking dapper as fuck. Great picture and the fit looks great, as far as I can see with the coat being open and all.

Just wanted to bring up Betabrand in here. Some gimmicky clothing, but I'm all for some of the neat functional/stylish blend they've got going on. They've got all sorts of neat articles of clothing.

20121212_shirt_jacket-9392-Edit.jpg

Wolfe

Quick Question since you already own the bag, can you put a ton of stuff in it? I'm primarily using this as my backpack for school, and I was wondering if you can put textbooks, 2 moleskin notebooks, 2-3 .5inch folders, and other things? Thanks!

Depends on the size you got really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom