• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaskade

I went into J. Crew for pretty much the first time the other day and they had some nice stuff. Seems to be pretty much the basics, but nice. I think I'm going to head back and pick up a pair of shorts and a shirt or two.

Joe

Any tips on how to protect nylon/suede shoes?

They are half white nylon and half off-white suede. My friends keep saying that after wearing them out they are guaranteed to get dirty and I really don't want that to happen.

zero_suit

My first AE purchase!

jxmmFErOZAzLD.JPG

Are those the ones you got off of Ebay?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Looks sharp, and I like the combo as-is, for the exact reason you don't like it lol (the vertical lines tie things together for me, but if you drop one, drop the square, the clip compliments the belt nicely.)

That's good to hear... maybe i just have to get used to it more.

Nice suit!

I'd go with one or the other...leaning towards keeping the clip, maybe its because of the belt buckle?

Oh.. Damn it!

That is fucking sharp, man. I wish I looked half as good as that.

If you want to drop something, drop the pocket square.

The pocketsquare could be a bit to much. Have to investigate more
pose infront of a mirror :D

sankt-Antonio, you're looking dapper as fuck. Great picture and the fit looks great, as far as I can see with the coat being open and all.

you look like Matt Damon

Thank you guys, makes me a lot more comfortable going to an appointment next week dressed like that.
don't know what to think about that Matt Damon comment :D

It's a Boss "slim fit" suit and I would recommend every skinny guy to take a look at them - tried suit's from a lot of brands and none actually fit like this one did.

What kind of tie bar looks better to you guys? Half-clips or full clips?

I goggled a lot and came to the conclusion that half clips look very good on skinny ties, and long/full clips on regular ties. Any other combination looks way off in my eyes.

mr stroke

Can someone tell me how to wear these Chinos I ordered from Nordstrom-

?

Never wore Chinos before, more of a suit or jeans person.

What kind of shoes and top?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Grey pants, I usually go with some mix of green/yellow up top, and brown shoes/boots or shoes with some yellow in them on bottom.

So, it's almost shorts weather. What shorts are acceptable? Style, not brand.
Chinos. Never cargo.

Some nice khaki shorts go great with navy shirts. Salmon or navy shorts are also classic. Stay away from bolder colors like pink, yellow, or green unless you have the skill to wear it (aka me).

Anyone help me find a dope looking messenger style bag that would look dapper with the suits I wear to work? Bear in mind I would need to fit gym clothes and an iPad in it.

shas'la

Fashion gaf, I usually know what I like when it comes to clothing, but, I am a little unsure when it comes to sunglasses which I am now in the market for.

Oakley plaintiff

4d4068df551b2.jpg

I'm leaning towards the oakleys. What does everyone think?

You bastard i bought these yesterday on a whim in the Oakley store in Covent Garden, AND the sales person upsold me to polarised lenses!!

Can someone tell me how to wear these Chinos I ordered from Nordstrom-

Never wore Chinos before, more of a suit or jeans person.

What kind of shoes and top?

If you do the brown shoes/belt thing, I like purple up top too, depending on the tone of the pants/shirt. Also you definitely want some that are not as long on you as the guy in the pick.

Mordeccai

So I need to find some jeans online for a reasonable price (40$ or less a pair is preferable.... but if I find a nice pair I don't mind paying 55 or so) and I need them in 28/34 or 30/34's. Do you guys know of any websites that sell jeans in this size around this price range?

edit: answered my own question by going to JackThreads.

bob page

So I need to find some jeans online for a reasonable price (40$ or less a pair is preferable.... but if I find a nice pair I don't mind paying 55 or so) and I need them in 28/34 or 30/34's. Do you guys know of any websites that sell jeans in this size around this price range?

Levi's is probably your best bet for that price range.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Levis.

Boken

Banned
That brown is too dark for that grey guys. A lighter brown or a darker suit would look nicer.

Speaking of brown... My next goal is to own one of these lovely babies:

Allen Edmonds 'Strand'

Loake Buckingham

Loake Savoy

Not sure which one yet, but I think the Strand shoe is the winner here. Mmmm. Cap toes are cooler most of the time anyway.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Each of those are exceptional, Boken. I'm assuming you have the chops to pull it off, though. You're entering badass professor territory with those, especially the Buckingham.

I'm looking for some spring/summer clothes right now and I've been thinking that I need to expand my wardrobe.. I'm tired of wearing jeans all the time. What are some good pants other than jeans that I could look at? I've been looking at http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/5432 today and these seem nice. (I'm not one for shorts) does anyone have experience with these? Are they spring/summer friendly?

Secondly, I've been looking at these shoes - Yea or Nay?
DicocoLoXVIShoesBlackA.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anybody know where I could track down a pair of Levi's 510s in this gold color?

n8UDe.jpg

The Levi's store/site doesn't have them, none of the retailers in the city do, and Ebay only seems to have a neon yellow version or some in a boys size listed as "mustard" but the photo just looks like plain khaki.

Brief excitement quickly squashed. Nothing even close to my size (29x30). :( I appreciate the effort, though!
I feel you bro. That's my size too. Being skinny has its disadvantages :(

You could try in store though. If I recall they have screens by the customer service area in my Kohls that lets you order your size into the store or something along those lines.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I feel you bro. That's my size too. Being skinny has its disadvantages :(

You could try in store though. If I recall they have screens by the customer service area in my Kohls that lets you order your size into the store or something along those lines.

No Kohls in Seattle, apparently. I'll probably see if they're still able to order them at the big Levi's store downtown sometime. Macy's was stocking them late last year, but they're long gone now.

overcast

You guys are too high class for me. I still enjoy looking at these clothes though.

Trying to be stylish since I just got my first job. I think I'm doing pretty well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom