• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z0Iy3l.jpg

Skagen? What model is that?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hey guys, a little help.

Always have a hard time finding Jeans for my size cause i'm skinny. Specifically straight jeans, not skinny fit or baggy. Any website recommendations?

Also, want to get more "Adult" clothes, so looking for cheap but good suits and blazers. Any recommendations appreciated. Many thanks.

I know I'm gonna get hate, but Levi's.

Easy to find and there are a lot a straight cuts that look good. I usually go for a boot cut, but that's just me.

zchen

Hey guys, a little help.

Always have a hard time finding Jeans for my size cause i'm skinny. Specifically straight jeans, not skinny fit or baggy. Any website recommendations?

Also, want to get more "Adult" clothes, so looking for cheap but good suits and blazers. Any recommendations appreciated. Many thanks.

I thought these articles at dappered and styleblogger were helpful
the $1500 wardrobe
http://dappered.com/tag/1500-wardrobe/
best bets for those making 35k
http://dappered.com/2012/02/best-bet-style-essentials-for-those-making-under-35k/

25 essential items
http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6494/re-invent-your-wardrobe-with-25-essential-items/
the next 10 essentials
http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6719...ar-wardrobe-continued-the-next-10-essentials/

Oh and Charles Tyrwhitt is running a special of their shirt+free tie for $39.50 (+free shipping) if you use AMEX (the consensus at dappared is to order the tailored or slim versions)
http://www.ctshirts.com/Default.aspx?q=windsor|||||||||||||||

The J.Crew Factory Thompson Suit I just got recently after using a 30% off coupon is pretty damn good.

Got the white leather Chuck Taylor All Star low top today, unfortunately I'm going to have to exchange them for a size down (I thought 7 was already a size down from my regular size of 7.5...but still too large), they sure are good looking though.

overcast

So are the express button ups nice and slim fitting? I really need to get one relatively soon. I'm a skinny dude, and I'd like it to fit nice and tight to go with a blazer.

overcast

Well shit. Any ideas where I can get a slim fitting one? I wear a regular polyester crappy button up shirt at my job. Wouldn't like looking like that at prom.

I would prefer if it wasn't over 60-70 dollars.

I thought these articles at dappered and styleblogger were helpful
the $1500 wardrobe
http://dappered.com/tag/1500-wardrobe/
best bets for those making 35k
http://dappered.com/2012/02/best-bet-style-essentials-for-those-making-under-35k/

25 essential items
http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6494/re-invent-your-wardrobe-with-25-essential-items/
the next 10 essentials
http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6719...ar-wardrobe-continued-the-next-10-essentials/

Oh and Charles Tyrwhitt is running a special of their shirt+free tie for $39.50 (+free shipping) if you use AMEX (the consensus at dappared is to order the tailored or slim versions)
http://www.ctshirts.com/Default.aspx?q=windsor|||||||||||||||

The J.Crew Factory Thompson Suit I just got recently after using a 30% off coupon is pretty damn good.

Got the white leather Chuck Taylor All Star low top today, unfortunately I'm going to have to exchange them for a size down (I thought 7 was already a size down from my regular size of 7.5...but still too large), they sure are good looking though.

Dappered is a pretty sweet site...just bought some 10 dollar shades from Nordstrom

Lamel

Banned
GAF, I need casual dress shoes/boots that can be worn with jeans and a nice shirt. Not completely formal, you feel me? Maybe wingtips, maybe desert boots.

Please recommend some items, price range is ~$100.

Desperado

Well shit. Any ideas where I can get a slim fitting one? I wear a regular polyester crappy button up shirt at my job. Wouldn't like looking like that at prom.

I would prefer if it wasn't over 60-70 dollars.

I need a pretty slim fit, and the 1MX are slimmer than most any other mall brand. At least in XS.

Zilch

Banned
GAF, I need casual dress shoes/boots that can be worn with jeans and a nice shirt. Not completely formal, you feel me? Maybe wingtips, maybe desert boots.

Try Bass? I like the look of their saddle oxfords but if you're not into that style they have a variety of others and all are under $100. I can't vouch for the quality since I don't own a pair but I've been eyeing a few and will probably purchase soon.

Zilch

Banned
Copped a new pair of beeswax DBs last weekend and they have absolutely destroyed my heels. Gotta suffer for fashion. :(

Doytch

Try Nordstrom's 1901 line? I got a pair of suede saddles [navy w/ light blue saddle] from them a few months ago and dig them. But if you want something versatile, some light grey, suede oxfords could do the trick. Broguing optional; I love broguing, but for summer it seems overkillish to me, I never feel like I can wear them sockless.

God I hate the town I live in sometimes.. Went to every shop I could think of looking for some tan or bone coloured lace ups and yeah unless you want desert boots you are shit out of luck :(

Don't like the idea of buying shoes online but guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

rossonero

Guys, I need two suits; one for a funeral in about a couple of weeks and one for a summer wedding when it'll be some thing like 40 degrees Celcius outside.

So my question is what to look for? For the funeral I'll of course get a black suit with a black tie, but how to make sure that it fits right? I have no idea what to get for the wedding though...

Guys, I need two suits; one for a funeral in about a couple of weeks and one for a summer wedding when it'll be some thing like 40 degrees Celcius outside.

So my question is what to look for? For the funeral I'll of course get a black suit with a black tie, but how to make sure that it fits right? I have no idea what to get for the wedding though...
Take it to the tailor. :)

Also...you can knock out two birds with one stone and wear the same suit for the funeral to the wedding.

A man always needs a black suit for stuff like weddings, interviews, and funerals.

I'd actually advise instead of getting a second suit, you get a sportscoat or blazer. That way you have something formal and something social-formal (don't wear it to the wedding though).

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Black/Charcoal suit for both. If you go to some place like Men's Warehouse, they will alter it to fit you there.

The only thing you need to change from the funeral to the wedding is the tie really. Black for the funeral, whatever you want for the wedding.

rossonero

Thanks guys :)

I was just thinking about getting a more thinner/lighter suit for the wedding, maybe linnen pants or something like that cause I sweat really easy. But I guess maybe a woll(?) suit is enough for both occasions.

bob page

I'd probably go with a charcoal suit since you could wear it for both events. And don't go to Men's Warehouse unless you want to overpay for the quality.

rossonero

I live in Sweden so no Men's Warehouse here. Charcoal suits do indeed look better on the googled pics, this is, luckily enough, my first funeral so I thought you were supposed to use a black one.

Charcoal it is!

Oh god why did I go on the kurt gieger site :/

I cant find anything thats similar between £70-£100. Its either Cheap ones from the highstreet or £150+ unless im doing a poor job of looking.

2373284109.jpg

2373233109_1.jpg

Lamel

Banned
I've decided on getting some suede oxfords.

What colors do you guys recommend? Grey, black, brown?

What colors work with blue/black jeans and dark (grey) button down shirts?

Lamel

Banned
What about something like sand?

299239_366_45.jpg

Those look good, but I already have shoes in that color, so I just got the greys. I am content with my purchase. Thank you for the help GAF.

_6512273.jpg

Look even better in person. Feel good too. My first pair of oxfords :D.

What are some good recommended clothing combinations with these?

Alucrid

Banned
I honestly thought those shirts were copyrighted. I never see them in the wild either outside of Halloween costumes.

:lol, I doubt they're actually copy righted. More like they have a natural defense mechanism of people not wanting to look like waldo, since everyone will say call you waldo.

Lamel

Banned
Oh god why did I go on the kurt gieger site :/

I cant find anything thats similar between £70-£100. Its either Cheap ones from the highstreet or £150+ unless im doing a poor job of looking.

2373284109.jpg

2373233109_1.jpg
I don't know if nordstrom is in the UK, but they have some navy oxfords that are sort of similar.

Boken

Banned
Just picked up this Penny Stock tweed blazer for $60 from myhabit.

Is woolen tweed acceptable to wear in spring/summer?

420x560.jpg
Won't it be too warm for summer? I liked the colour of the first image more actually. I'm sure you could get away with it during the night (summer/spring)

bob page

Won't it be too warm for summer? I liked the colour of the first image more actually. I'm sure you could get away with it during the night (summer/spring)

I know it would be warm, but I'm talking strictly appearance-wise (the color, herringbone pattern).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom