• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hello again, fashion-age.

any suggestions for nice swimwear? i'm thinking slim trunks that end right at the knee.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'd recommend going with something shorter unless you're a surfer. I like these:

l40xEl.jpg

vejas

Banned
Can you guys recommend a good website that has fairly inexpensive shorts?

office_shorts.jpg

Something similar to these is what I am looking for.

Draft

Man.

It's a real travesty that the suit+shorts look never achieved mainstream acceptance. Would make doing business during the summer a lot less sweaty.

lenovox1

I need some deals on nice, cotton button downs that look good with the sleaves rolled up and the top button unbottoned.

Those are spring/summer standbys pretty much.

For you, television, I can find your slim fit, flat-front, concealed fly, 7-9" rise (and inseam) or less (the more important part for you I'm assuming?), chinos at ASOS, Nordstroms, Urban Outfitters, Bonobos, Banana Republic, etc. for around $40-$70. Are you looking for something a bit cheaper? (Macy's is having a sell on these Classic Solid Oxford Shorts by Izod going for $23.99. You'd probably have to get them hemmed to suit your taste, but that's not too big of a hassle.)

And for you, Tokubetsu, what you described is a sport shirt (I've also seen it be called a casual shirt). Every online store that sells men's clothing sells them, so it'd be helpful if you could be just a bit more specific about fit, price, and look. And that 3 day sell Macy's has on those shorts is online store wide, so be sure to check that out.

c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker

Tuck your t-shirt in, bby.

LProtag

Where do you guys keep your wallet nowadays?

I usually shove it in the back pocket of my jeans, but now that I'm finding jeans that are starting to fit nicely well, there's a giant bump on my ass.

whitehawk

Banned
Man.

It's a real travesty that the suit+shorts look never achieved mainstream acceptance. Would make doing business during the summer a lot less sweaty.
It just doesn't work. The first two guys look like they are wearing their boxers. The 3rd guy looks fine though.

SeanR1221

One area I'm slacking in is nice pants.

Do they tend to run smaller than jeans?

I wear a 33 in jeans, but do you tend to go a size or 2 bigger in dressier pants?

Alucrid

Banned
One area I'm slacking in is nice pants.

Do they tend to run smaller than jeans?

I wear a 33 in jeans, but do you tend to go a size or 2 bigger in dressier pants?

It's tough to say since many clothing brands are 'vanity' sized and even then some brand's vanity sizing differs from others. (Vanity just means that the tagged size isn't the same as the actual waist measurement.)

bob page

Always been a fan of this OT, first time posting in it though.

What do you guys think of this blazer?

.jpg

And for whatever reason the shade of blue here on the designers site looks slightly different, a little washed out compared to that of the one shown on House of Fraser.

Roofy

does anyone else think Jim Moore went a bit off the rails with the shiny suits and hawaiian punch in the spring trend report? I've seen it around but never pulled off well...

last night one of my profs wore a shiny suit. It was silver but looked gold with the lighting
PeSIr.jpg

not sure how I feel about it, really. I dont think it was bad

I need to find a good choice for khakis.

I was a huge fan of Dockers' Premium Khaki line, but alas it appears to have been discontinued. They were affordable (usually about $60 or so on sale), comfortable, could easily be dressed up or down, and most importantly - durable. I'd wear them until they started to look worn, which in pants terms, was a really long time.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement. I've tried several of the mid tier stuff that you can find at department stores. Nothing seems to work well for me - either the fit or look is just off or they don't last long. Most of my work requires business casual so this is kind of a staple. The closet I've found is a pair at Eddie Bauer, but it's still not quite right.

So, what's a good khaki?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
last night one of my profs wore a shiny suit. It was silver but looked gold with the lighting
PeSIr.jpg

not sure how I feel about it, really. I dont think it was bad

I don't know what he's the professor of at your school, but he's clearly not the professor of fashion.

bob page

I need to find a good choice for khakis.

I was a huge fan of Dockers' Premium Khaki line, but alas it appears to have been discontinued. They were affordable (usually about $60 or so on sale), comfortable, could easily be dressed up or down, and most importantly - durable. I'd wear them until they started to look worn, which in pants terms, was a really long time.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement. I've tried several of the mid tier stuff that you can find at department stores. Nothing seems to work well for me - either the fit or look is just off or they don't last long. Most of my work requires business casual so this is kind of a staple. The closet I've found is a pair at Eddie Bauer, but it's still not quite right.

So, what's a good khaki?

They're discontinued? I have some slim fit Docket chinos from a few months ago and they're great for dressing up/down:

http://us.dockers.com/product/index...&cp=2271557.2271567.3015280&parentPage=family

vejas

Banned
Those are spring/summer standbys pretty much.

For you, television, I can find your slim fit, flat-front, concealed fly, 7-9" rise (and inseam) or less (the more important part for you I'm assuming?), chinos at ASOS, Nordstroms, Urban Outfitters, Bonobos, Banana Republic, etc. for around $40-$70. Are you looking for something a bit cheaper? (Macy's is having a sell on these Classic Solid Oxford Shorts by Izod going for $23.99. You'd probably have to get them hemmed to suit your taste, but that's not too big of a hassle.)

Thanks for the leads. I don't mind spending $40+ if they are exactly what I want.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Thinking about going in on this Frank & Oak trunk club thing, but their wording/restrictions are so murky. Need some clarification on how their shit works.

Always been a fan of this OT, first time posting in it though.

What do you guys think of this blazer?

.jpg

And for whatever reason the shade of blue here on the designers site looks slightly different, a little washed out compared to that of the one shown on House of Fraser.
Something about it is off, it's both too short and too fussed-on and jumbled with details (patch pocket + slant pockets = confused). I'm not against casual stuff like this but eh that jacket is not a good purchase imo.

Holy shit, i want that!

Plz point me towards where i can find that Jacket :)
Temple of Jawnz, Minimal double rider
http://templeofjawnz.com/?page_id=310

looks like dark grey but i dunno... Hopefully my goatskin cwu drops in the mail soon :p

Something about it is off, it's both too short and too fussed-on and jumbled with details (patch pocket + slant pockets = confused). I'm not against casual stuff like this but eh that jacket is not a good purchase imo.

Thank you, I see what you mean by confused now. I should be able to find something better now.

MZZB

Neo Member

office_shorts.jpg

No please, just no.
Don't even think in that general direction.

edit: The only acceptable one is to the right in the blue shirt.

Aroo

Neo Member
http://i.imgur.com/QdmCp.jpg

They stole my sunglasses. I liked them a lot (Ray Ban, Polarized, loved them.) Either way, I need a new pair with similar frames though I've never ordered sunglasses from the web.

Any recommendations? Any brand recommendations? I loved those Ray Bans, they were great. The sun in Florida is blinding and on my drive to and from work always puts me directly in its wraith.

I really need good sunglasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom