• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi fashion gaf. how is this for a casual but dressed up party? my phone's camera sucks.

nBbex.jpg

2RNyJ.jpg

banana republic blazer off the rack
allen edmonds mctavish
gap 1969 washed chino

CFMOORE!

disagree. white is boring and standard. i am liking the use of color. nothing offensive or insanely clashy. it is a well fitted outfit with some creativity thrown into its assembly.

Not digging the tie shirt combo... But outside of that, a wider tie knot, or wider tie in general, would be a good idea. Its kind of smooshed in there... The jacket sleeves are pretty short too, so I don't know where your shirt cuffs are hiding?

Boken

Banned
Looks ok.

Nitpicks:
- Tie + sweater might be too dressy? Seems a bit "older" to me too
- Suit sleeves kinda short
- Show your shirt sleeves to compensate
- IMO your shoe colour is too dark for your pants, or your pants too light for your shoes
- shirt, tie, sweater combo - a lighter coloured shirt would synergise with the colours of the tie and sweater better

CFMOORE!

The palette is drab as fuck man. Talk about boring...

and white is boring. the shirt at least is an interesting color.

the only thing i can say is drab is the underlying sweater color. change that up a bit and then it is better. the more technical things like sleeves being shown are typical and expected criticisms.

CFMOORE!

White is not boring if you wear it right, my guy.

true. in the context of the outfit he is going for, i think it would further drag it into boring territory. and i don't feel it is an "old person" getup. just because it isn't some trendy young hipster getup doesn't make him some boring old man in a young person's body.

he clearly has a style he's shooting for in that vein. let him rock it without too much critique as "you look old with that getup"

bob page

hi fashion gaf. how is this for a casual but dressed up party? my phone's camera sucks.

banana republic blazer off the rack
allen edmonds mctavish
gap 1969 washed chino

Too many conflicting colors. Get a different color tie, ditch the sweater, and wear a white shirt. Or keep the shirt and don't wear a tie- the opening looks too narrow when buttoned up with that jacket. Those shoes don't work with the pants, either.

Also, are you wearing a short sleeve shirt or something? When wearing a blazer, always make sure there's a bit of cuff showing.

I was thinking of ditching the sweater which would also solve the sleeve issue since the shirt is a bit longer and pokes out 1/4-1/2" when it's not constrained. Also, the shirt is purple and the pants are a very light blue, not sure if that shows up in the photos. I don't really think of the palette as drab, but to each his own.

Think some all white plimsols would work better?

Also, thanks everyone!

bob page

I was thinking of ditching the sweater which would also solve the sleeve issue since the shirt is a bit longer and pokes out 1/4-1/2" when it's not constrained. Also, the shirt is purple and the pants are a very light blue, not sure if that shows up in the photos. I don't really think of the palette as drab, but to each his own.

Think some all white plimsols would work better?

Also, thanks everyone!
Yeah, white shoes would definitely look better with those pants.

Wait so light blue pants, purple shirt, camel sweater, and turquoise/aqua/green tie (cant tell exactly)? Yea thats too much. Def. get a white shirt in there.

Mmm, yeah ditch the sweater if that is keeping the cuffs tucked away, and lighten up the belt and shoes if possible. If by plimsolls you mean something like keds? Nah, the rest of the outfit is too formal for that. Bone or off white suede oxfords are where you want to be, ideally.

Musan

Also, is it me or does the suit button seems a little high? Or is that a modern jacket thing? Makes it seems like you are wearing your pants really low.

Also, is it me or does the suit button seems a little high? Or is that a modern jacket thing? Makes it seems like you are wearing your pants really low.

I didn't want to get too nit picky but I completely agree. Seems like he's wearing an S when he should be wearing an R (or R and L respectively).

Kind of feel like I should just buy a thin hoody and call it a day.
Like Its warm enough in the day here for just a t shirt but if I go out and later at night it gets colder im screwed! All I have is a black leather jacket that only goes with jeans not chinos/shorts etc. Varsity jacket might be ok now that I think about it.

Not having much luck finding one I like really. Uniqlo had one but they are sold out :/

Zara has this one actually.
2753463707_2_1_3.jpg

this ones pretty tempting as its not much money either
0706486710_1_1_3.jpg

bob page

The sleeve length is fine- the lack of cuff is just making it look shorter than it is. Ideally, the arm hole of the jacket should end an inch or so before the start of your thumb and shouldn't go all the way to your wrist.

Fritz

Not having much luck finding one I like really. Uniqlo had one but they are sold out :/

Zara has this one actually.
2753463707_2_1_3.jpg

0706486710_1_1_3.jpg

I saw a similar jacket at Muji's, but they don't have it online.

Here, found it:

Looked like a quality jacket, more so than Zara.

bob page

random wayw w/ a head swivel at picture time. yes, I neglected to iron my shirt. yes, it's a friday.
5346cd30157a033ecd3c90a318d280d2.jpg

It would look a lot better if your shirt was longer and/or tucked in. I wouldn't wear it out like that with the short being that short. Also, I'd put some socks on. Otherwise, I dig it.

Boken

Banned
It would look a lot better if your shirt was longer and/or tucked in. I wouldn't wear it out like that with the short being that short. Also, I'd put some socks on. Otherwise, I dig it.

Yeah, that shirt looks kinda small...

He can no sock it if he wants. Though I'm not feeling it with those shoes

theCHENRY

random wayw w/ a head swivel at picture time. yes, I neglected to iron my shirt. yes, it's a friday.

Either tuck the shirt in, or don't. The rest looks good. Shirt doesn't look too small. I don't see it pulling anywhere, but it does look rather short; like I can see it being difficult to tuck in because there's little to no tail on the shirt. Maybe the pants are just low?

I'm not feeling the shoes, but I'm a bit more of a brown-shoe-guy so I'll admit they're just plain outside my scope as far as shoes go.

kaskade

0706486710_1_1_3.jpg

I really like this one. I think I'm going to the city to do some shopping sometime in the next few weeks. Hopefully they opened up that Zara. I'll be there and Uniqlo.

I need to brighten up my summer wardrobe. I have a lot of the basic neutral stuff, color is needed.

edit: Speaking of Zara I like this blazer

1608403403_1_1_3.jpg

46247503CP-12-f.jpg

vermenbelt-vb0b047v3a754-v000-p.jpg

I wear a lot of grey, dark blue, black. some browns thrown in. The Armani is 3 times as much as the Versace belt, but fuck me is it a looker. The Versace is downright cheap (150) but much less elegant. Im undecided at this point. Thoughts?

Alucrid

Banned
Nice. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2010 DR. Going to a tailor to make sure I don't screw up measurements of my body/jacket.

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/7916176/img/Anonymous/46247503CP-12-f.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/7916239/img/Anonymous/vermenbelt-vb0b047v3a754-v000-p.jpg[IMG]

I wear a lot of grey, dark blue, black. some browns thrown in. The Armani is 3 times as much as the Versace belt, but fuck me is it a looker. The Versace is downright cheap (150) but much less elegant. Im undecided at this point. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

be hermes man

[IMG]http://www.hermes-birkin-replica.org/images/hermes/image/Hermes_052.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom