• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think the image would be so huge... Anyway, what do you guys think of this Uni qlo cordlane jacket, unsure of the buttons on the sleeves but costs a lot less than I was willing to spend. Really considering pulling the trigger on this, would have liked to see it in a soft pink but the blue is nice. The sleeves also appear to be too short on the model, but as I have slightly longer arms, I don't know if its the jacket or whether I'll need to have it altered should I buy it.

071701_sub2.jpg

The jacket is nice. Correct me if I'm worn but you can't make the sleeves longer right.

Occasionally there might be an inch worth of fabric to unfold, but I would not buy one expecting to do anything but shorten the sleeve.

Jacket looks a bit short overall, but that is probably due to the model wearing a s-m and being 6'3" or something.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You all need to teach me the ways of wearing non-cargo shorts. I tried some on this weekend and they just looked so odd with my typical basic t-shirt get-up. I've worn shorts with pockets on the side for so long that tan shorts without pockets looks too "dressy."

I can't see myself wearing, say, a plain red hoodie with shorts without pockets. Especially if I have a ball cap on.

The jacket is nice. Correct me if I'm worn but you can't make the sleeves longer right.

I'm not sure either to be honest, thought about getting a size up and altering it accordingly, but that's probably a stupid idea for a slim fit and in general. I'll just have to see how it fits when i'm out shopping on Thursday.

Georgious

Banned
I've had this watch for about 3 years now, and the leather strap is breaking up where the latch goes.

30062_a_320.jpg

Looking for a strap swap, ideas on what would suit it? I do like the original, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to find a replacement.

Was thinking that a metal link strap might be a nice alternative?

Would you consider jumping on the vinyl strap craze?
5389914246_f237a59d72.jpg

4d101d2c805c3_169331b_large.jpg

4ddac38680d85_169331b_large.jpg

4th-of-july-strap.jpg

They're cheap and fun to switch around

i was suggested to look in to cole haan for wide width shoes but majority of them look like keds. You guys suggest a brand that makes soft leather boots for fugly feet?

Magnus

Shoes are always a massive trouble-spot for me. I have some crazy over-pronation/pancake-flat feet, and usually wear orthotic/arches in there.

I see people wearing cool-lookin running shoes and dress shoes all the time, but the support they offer is garbage. They're flimsy as fuck, no ankle support, etc.

Any good overlap between support and style?

bob page

Shoes are always a massive trouble-spot for me. I have some crazy over-pronation/pancake-flat feet, and usually wear orthotic/arches in there.

I see people wearing cool-lookin running shoes and dress shoes all the time, but the support they offer is garbage. They're flimsy as fuck, no ankle support, etc.

Any good overlap between support and style?
Asics Onitsuka Tigers?

cjsnapp

Neo Member
i picked up some Robert Waynes the other day but they are killing the heels of my feet. they look like Clarks desert boots but they were only $40 (on sale for $20). do i need to just break them in or should i return them and expect more comfort out of a pair of actual Clarks?

bob page

i picked up some Robert Waynes the other day but they are killing the heels of my feet. they look like Clarks desert boots but they were only $40 (on sale for $20). do i need to just break them in or should i return them and expect more comfort out of a pair of actual Clarks?
I heard RW boots are terrible and it's pretty common to see them on sale for less than $40. Their oxfords aren't bad though.

Clark's aren't the comfiest, either. They take a while to break in and have minimal cushion.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
I heard RW boots are terrible and it's pretty common to see them on sale for less than $40. Their oxfords aren't bad though.

Clark's aren't the comfiest, either. They take a while to break in and have minimal cushion.

Gotcha. Well I guess the style boot is called chukka? I'm just going for something similar that is also comfortable. Any recommended brands? I don't mind spending $100 or so if they're worth it.

Alucrid

Banned

Should not use the rw abbreviation for that brand. I thought you meant red Wing and was gonna pop off :p

bob page

Gotcha. Well I guess the style boot is called chukka? I'm just going for something similar that is also comfortable. Any recommended brands? I don't mind spending $100 or so if they're worth it.
DSW has Varvatos chukkas for $79 right now and they're extremely comfy in comparison.
Should not use the rw abbreviation for that brand. I thought you meant red Wing and was gonna pop off :p
Red Wing boots for $40? I would die of a heart attack.

Keep seeing people with hoddies on with the pull strings done up in a little bows.
Why god?! why!!

People have been doing it for a while here. I think it's a 'street' thing but it looks fucking stupid. The same people also do this thing where they only do up the top 2-3 buttons of their shirt... yeah.

Magik

Gentlemen, what type of pants would you guys recommend during the summer? I want to avoid wearing jeans this summer but my knowledge of pants isn't that great.

Not sure this applies to the thread but what type of cologne would you guys recommend for spring/summer? I currently use Acqua Di Gio but that feels more like a fall/winter cologne. I want to change it up a bit.

Thanks.

Lamel

Banned
So gaf, boat shoes.

Recommend some good ones, preferably brown/tan/blue.

price range around ~$50-100. Theyre suppose to be a gift to a friend.

Alucrid

Banned
I've been looking for the APC petit standard mijs in black or acne max cash for hours in my size to no avail. fuuuuuuuuuu

Boken

Banned
Gentlemen, what type of pants would you guys recommend during the summer? I want to avoid wearing jeans this summer but my knowledge of pants isn't that great.

Not sure this applies to the thread but what type of cologne would you guys recommend for spring/summer? I currently use Acqua Di Gio but that feels more like a fall/winter cologne. I want to change it up a bit.

Thanks.

Sand coloured Chinos are your new best friend.

dc89

Bought myself a Ralph Lauren polo shirt the other day in a light blue colour. It's really nice and the 20% off was nice.

I'm fairly certain that any I have all lost their strings. Well that and I only wear hoodies while lounging inside.

I only have three, two are sentimental (Gifts) and the other was £5 in Uniqlo so couldnt say no! But the strings all come out.

This is what im talking about for reffrenece (thanks google!)
tumblr_lgilzwzh2v1qfyjygo1_500.jpg

Also what are peoples thoughts on pocket squares? As in T-shirts with a itte pocket detail?
Im sure I have imagined it and thus have no way of ever finding it but I really want a nice white T with an orange pocket detail.

Edit: OH! Like this but white, fitted a hell of alot better and a much smaller pocket.
http://www.minervastreetwear.com/?p=11710

Boken

Banned
I think contrast pockets are pretty cool. And they're in right now. It adds a little flair to an otherwise very casual outfit

That pocket looks really big on him because the tee is too big for him... by two sizes or something

T_CONTRAST_POCKET_white%201.jpg

carhartt_pocket_redgrey_01.jpg
[carhartt one seems to have a nicer overall shape of tee and pocket.... quiet life sleeves seem a tad long]
comme-des-garc3a7ons-shirt-contrast-pocket-tees.jpg

Hey guys, I lost this t-shirt ages ago, really want to buy another one, but I'm not sure they are still being made. Does anyone know where I can get it?

wWUuV.jpg

Mulligan

Banned
I now hate chinos. i swear every guy under the age of 30 wears them in the UK, especially younger people. They're fucking everywhere, always the beige ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom