• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I now hate chinos. i swear every guy under the age of 30 wears them in the UK, especially younger people. They're fucking everywhere, always the beige ones too.

You hate them because people wear them? You're such a hipster.

Myself I'm pleased that people have stopped wearing jeans 100% of the time.

Fritz

What's a chino other than fabric pants. What are people supposed to wear? Metal trousers?

Jay Sosa

I now hate chinos. i swear every guy under the age of 30 wears them in the UK, especially younger people. They're fucking everywhere, always the beige ones too.

Nooooo!!!

I just bought chinos (khaki and black) last week. Does that mean I'm hip now? F€@~k.

I'm just tired of jeans plus most of them are not really comfortable. Even the more expensive ones. At least to me.

Summer is coming! Where are some good sites to pick up graphic tee's? (no kiddy, funny shit please)

threadless?

Boken

Banned
Graphic tees are for young people

And also, I think graphic tee + blazer is a pretty nice combination for casual wear.

bob page

People wear them for a reason- because they don't look like ass and go with lots of things.

20% off provided by....?
RL has a 25% off sale right now to benefit charity- check Dappered.

Graphic tees are for young people

And also, I think graphic tee + blazer is a pretty nice combination for casual wear.
Blazer + plain vneck is the way to go.

Boken

Banned
Aggressive and loud is pretty close to obnoxious, so it's easy to do graphic tees badly. But that doesn't mean theyre all terrible!

Summer is coming! Where are some good sites to pick up graphic tee's? (no kiddy, funny shit please)

Unlike some of my manshion bros, I got no beef with print on tees. Just avoid

A) logos

B) overwrought skulls and shit like that

C) funny stuff like you mention.

Some of the stuff from your eyes lie is pretty good, for instance. Dunno how much you want to spend tho.

Boken

Banned
In my opinion the best (and safest) graphic tee categories are:
-faded images
-"classy" images
-impact words (if you can pull off that look) otherwise try words in subtle colours
-sexy girl image (if you can pull that off...haha)

Generally I don't like graphics that are way too busy and messy. Also, stay away from images with a right side up triangle. Makes yo shoulders look small and your waist big.

EDIT: Is it just me or are graphic tees often overpriced?

-faded images
-"classy" images
-impact words (if you can pull off that look) otherwise try words in subtle colours

Generally I don't like graphics that are way too busy and messy. Also, stay away from images with a right side up triangle. Makes yo shoulders look small and your waist big.

I think a lot of graphic tees are overpriced also.

-faded images
-"classy" images

Is over priced considered 20 bucks?

Because, if they're screen printed, the price of a shirt can escalate quickly.

Mulligan

Banned

Not hipster. Where i am from EVERYONE where's them, and i mean everyone. the same colour and everything, i swear they are all exactly the same.. it's rediculous. i understand they are comfortable, and look smart/cas with a shirt, but, fuck.. atleast go for a different colour.

tl;dr: chords ftw :p

bob page

Not hipster. Where i am from EVERYONE where's them, and i mean everyone. the same colour and everything, i swear they are all exactly the same.. it's rediculous. i understand they are comfortable, and look smart/cas with a shirt, but, fuck.. atleast go for a different colour.

tl;dr: chords ftw :p
You wear chords in the summer?

Chords are for winter! but thats the JLS look as a few people I know call it.

They do push chinos pretty fucking hard over here and only Sandy ones. I dont HATE them though as its abit irational to hate a pair of trousers haha

I do have a friend that despises them and boat shoes for no reason but thinks skinny jeans, wife beaters and neon hi-tops are cool so each to their own.

Pants, made of cotton twill, are now hipster. My gawwdd

And what is chorduroy :p

Edit don't hate on neon hitops

Ok I meant Ugly ones ;)

Chords=
dark-tan-cords-300.jpg

Random style thought: One look I want to put together is a crisp nice fitting dress shirt, some good trousers, and a I guess you would call it a technical jacket. Something like a slim MA-1 or a Harrington. Got the idea in my head just need to put it together.

Alucrid

Banned
Is over priced considered 20 bucks?

Because, if they're screen printed, the price of a shirt can escalate quickly.

Screen printed shirts shouldn't be that expensive.

Edit: By that expensive I don't mean "$20" but they shouldn't "escalate quickly", unless you're looking at designer tees.

We'll never be friends now.

kaskade

Anyone here wear bucks?

I'd like to get a pair for the summer but I'm not sure what kind I want. White or tan?
I'd like to spend like 100 bucks.

Screen printed shirts shouldn't be that expensive.

Edit: By that expensive I don't mean "$20" but they shouldn't "escalate quickly", unless you're looking at designer tees.

Right... its just that, once you add in a bunch of colors- each color has to be a different screen. So, unless they're doing a large run, 4+ colors gets to be expensive. It's why Threadless had a color limit for the longest time.

For a second I thought that FF thing was something some random guy did. I was thinking it was pretty weird. I don't know if it being official makes it any better.

Yah, either would work, tho Harringtons are more 'dressy' IMO as they dont typically have a sleeve pocket and are cut closer to the body.

Yeah I like the MA-1 as I'm going for almost military inspired with that. Combining field stuff with dress stuff.

You'll never catch me wearing stupid chinos

z79Nol.jpg

WvG
Epaulet Rivet Chinos
CPs

summer sucks

Would you say summer is the worst time for #menswear?

So if I have a pair of pants with a 28 inseam that hit right at my ankle bone how ridiculous would I look wearing pants with a 33.5" inseam?

Alucrid

Banned
So if I have a pair of pants with a 28 inseam that hit right at my ankle bone how ridiculous would I look wearing pants with a 33.5" inseam?

It depends. You can stack if they're tapered. If they're not you don't want to stack as it won't look that great. You can cuff then, if you want to, or just got get them hemmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom