• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking awful final two minutes from WVU.

Oh well. Story of the season, like 7 of our 9 losses where shitting the bed end of games.

Zone can get their revenge on the Zags Saturday.

spyder_ur

Yet another game where a coach uses all his TOs, doesn't have one on the crucial possession at the end of the game, and his team doesn't get a very good look or have a decent strategy to get one.

Great game though. Two good early ones.

wbsmcs

Another close ending with the trailing team having no timeouts and failing miserably.

Prediction for the next games...Purdue and Zona lose by one possession and have absolutely terrible final shots due to no timeouts.

Yet another game where a coach uses all his TOs, doesn't have one on the crucial possession at the end of the game, and his team doesn't get a very good look or have a decent strategy to get one.

Great game though. Two good early ones.

College coaches are used to blowing scrub teams out or battling their rivals that they know inside and out. When they play tight games against OOC competition and things get hairy they freak out and start calling a ton of time outs.

RoKKeR

Still laughing about that last possession. Pass the ball, drive the ball, get some motion going other than your cross-over step back Steph Curry 3 attempt.

@ForecasterEnten
That final possession for WV looked sorta like the House GOP healthcare effort so far...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
That long ass review was BS though. We had Gonzaga gassed and that gave them a long breather on a super obvious overturn. Oh well. Can't bitch about reffing when we shot like 25% from the field.

Some puzzling Coaching by Huggins at the end too. Put Boldin (who hadn't played yet) and West (who had been on the bench for ages and played awful this game) in, so Carter understandably reluctant to pass. Think Huggs frustration got the best of him and he yanked Philip who had played poorly at times and had a bad foul late and Miles who missed the FTs for those two.

Anyway, shitty ending to a great season. Should be even better next year with only losing Philip and Adrian and some good recruits coming in and a lot of freshman and sophomores getting experience this year.

2/2

As Oregon alums my wife and I were stoked to see our school move on. The Gonzaga game was an even more exciting finish. Will we go 3/3?

I had WV going to the Final Four, was looking good too until a lot of boneheaded plays happened. For a few minutes their defense was ridiculous and Gonzaga was falling apart.

Kevtones

Pac12 is 9-1 in this tourney with a narrow 4 point loss by USC.

USC finished 6th in the conference and the 4th and 5th place teams weren't invited to the dance.

Not a bad showing tbh.

dtcm83

I'm really hoping for all 4 west coast teams to make it to the E8, would be awesome. Just need Arizona and UCLA to get it done now :-D

Kevtones

Xavier is scrubtastic and gritty. I like them and I think Arizona wins this one closely despite playing below their talent level for the 27th time this season.

Something about the Wildcats has bugged me all year.

Bill Murray sighting (and the announcer mentions the coach's daughters lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom