• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Ironically Hayes should have missed the second free throw oh well.

If Wisconsin hits their free throws though the game is over anyway.

Fjordson

Yo Mike White needs to get some major props. Florida loses the coach that built their program in Billy Donovan and within two years White has them in the elite 8.

ryseing

South Carolina has a legitimate chance at the Final Four since Florida will be exhausted Sunday.

If you told me that at the beginning of the tourney I would've thought you were insane.

MARCH

Silkworm

Yo Mike White needs to get some major props. Florida loses the guy that built their program in Billy Donovan and within two years White has them in the elite 8.
He's still using some of Billy's players, but yeah, Coach White rocks! I have nothing but the utmost respect for stepping in after a legend in Billy and doing what's he's done in continuing to build Gator basketball.

lt519

Should of missed that free throw. C'mon coaching. A lot of these late game losses, mostly the ones where teams don't even get shots off, are squarely on the coaches due to timeout mis-management and relying on players to have any situational awareness at all, which is a big mistake.

Probably would have made sense for Wiscy to foul in that situation? Obviously hindsight, etc., but I feel like that would have been the better option vs letting him run the length of the floor to get a shot like that off.

lt519

Probably would have made sense for Wiscy to foul in that situation? Obviously hindsight, etc., but I feel like that would have been the better option vs letting him run the length of the floor to get a shot like that off.

Fantastic game, loving this tourney. But I've watched a few losses that could have been avoided with better coaching and management of time outs. There is a reason certain teams keep making the elite eight/final four and it has a lot to do with coaching.

boxter432

Complete hindsight. You wouldn't foul a guy giving him a chance to tie...

lt519

Yeah you're right on the highlight. The thinking being, though, that the pressure is on them. Worse case is a tie for another OT. And little to no chance of an outright loss.

No way, 4 seconds is barely enough to get to the three point line. The right call was to intentionally miss the second free throw and at best they would have made it to half court for a heave. It takes a minimum of 2 seconds to get a board and then outlet it to a guard at half court. The second free throw being made bought them absolutely nothing. Coach should have been all over that, let it be a lesson.

NightOnyx

We beat them once during the season, let's see.

True. I just think SC is playing on a different level right now. Their defense during the tornament has been special. They are also coming off a blow out and Florida is coming off an overtime game, the energy of Florida could play a factor. Still though, it's called March Madness for a reason, anything could happen.

Kevtones

Ball already declared in his post-game.

Elite 8 with Preseason ranking ( )

Florida (receiving votes) vs. South Carolina (n/a)
Gonzaga (14) vs. Xavier (7)
Kansas (3) vs. Oregon (5)
North Carolina (6) vs. Kentucky (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom