• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way, 4 seconds is barely enough to get to the three point line. The right call was to intentionally miss the second free throw and at best they would have made it to half court for a heave. It takes a minimum of 2 seconds to get a board and then outlet it to a guard at half court. The second free throw being made bought them absolutely nothing. Coach should have been all over that, let it be a lesson.

Makes sense too. Oh well. Wiscy was on borrowed time already I guess?

Toxi

Banned
My family were rooting for the Badgers and while they were disappointed, this is the best way they could have lost.

Dead.

That shot was beautiful and defied science.

If you watched the game you saw he had an airball on a similar shot that was about two feet short of the rim just a few minutes earlier.

It was clearly a master plan, and as a physicist rather than a mathematician, he just decided to zero in on his range with a practice run.

If you watched the game you saw he had an airball on a similar shot that was about two feet short of the rim just a few minutes earlier.

It was clearly a master plan, and as a physicist rather than a mathematician, he just decided to zero in on his range with a practice run.

Oh fuck, that was the same dude wasn't it, lmao

pxleyes

Banned
Taking a belated bow. Go Gators and all that.

LLviywu.jpg

Ball already declared in his post-game.

Elite 8 with Preseason ranking ( )

Florida (receiving votes) vs. South Carolina (n/a)
Gonzaga (14) vs. Xavier (7)
Kansas (3) vs. Oregon (5)
North Carolina (6) vs. Kentucky (2)

5 out of 8 were spot on. Thats actually pretty impressive by the preseason poll

Elite 8 with Preseason ranking ( )

Florida (receiving votes) vs. South Carolina (n/a)
Gonzaga (14) vs. Xavier (7)
Kansas (3) vs. Oregon (5)
North Carolina (6) vs. Kentucky (2)

This is the won't somebody please start a nuclear war game.

For the others, give me Steve Spurrier's last stop, the fighting Adam Morrisons, and the team playing opposite Highlighter U.

RR30

Man I can't believe how good of a gameplan Calipari came up with for the game. He's not the best coach but he's pretty damn good. Slowing it down against UNC a bit should help too. Berry isn't 100%. I hope they have Fox drive it down his throat all game.

nillapuddin

Man I can't believe how good of a gameplan Calipari came up with for the game. He's not the best coach but he's pretty damn good. Slowing it down against UNC a bit should help too. Berry isn't 100%. I hope they have Fox drive it down his throat all game.

but havent you heard, Cal cant coach

A lot of IU fans had themselves convinced Billy Donovan was coming based on a bunch of anonymous rumors, so now those fans are disappointed. The realistic fans should see this is a good hire.

MisterR

Yeah you're right on the highlight. The thinking being, though, that the pressure is on them. Worse case is a tie for another OT. And little to no chance of an outright loss.

Would have been stupid to foul in that situation. That shot is missed probably 99 time out of a 100. Just some shitty luck. Should have missed the second free throw though and obviously Florida should have fouled at the end of regulation.

MisterR

Anybody that doesn't think Cal is a great coach is a idiot. He's 6-0 at UK in the sweet 16. Give him a week to prepare and he's hard as hell to beat.

Falchion

I like the contrast between Gonzaga's white unis and Xavier's black ones. It's refreshing after Oregon and Baylor games.

Hey Xavier cheer up.
Bluiett and JP will be in a mission
Your getting a 5 star and 2 4 star freshman and your rookies have developed and have room for more. They'll be scary next year(honestly think they will win Big East)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom