• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @ HHH/Brock being a shoot style match. I'm already snoring. Someone better catch a crazy knee like the Nakamura/Kazushi Sakuraba match from Wrestle Kingdom in January or it'll be pointless. I wanna see Brock deadlift german Hunner too. There's no point making it an "MMA style" match if they think that means they can dry hump for 15 minutes and end with a submission.

Shoot style in wrestling = Someone better get knocked the hell out.

KissVibes

Banned
I wouldn't want to watch a fighter's wife give birth to a hand and have their car ran over by a monster truck, but it would be refreshing to watch a roster of MMA fighters who can actually sell themselves and go beyond "I'll fight whoever they put in front of me. Praise God!".

Not asking for forced gimmicks, either. It's just that there are very few guys in MMA who can sell themselves forcefully (Chael Sonnen) or naturally through their captivating personality (Nick Diaz).

I dunno, I think it would be cool if they took MMA guys that could talk and gave them something to work with beyond what they have naturally. If Jeff Jones, the mask-wearing master of fire lost a legit fight against Tom Carver, beer drinking Canadian redneck and storyline beat him up after the fight with a baseball bat or tried to run him down in an SUV, it would be kinda cool.

But hey, I don't watch a ton of MMA, unless my dad is trying to get me to join the Metal Mulisha or whatever the fuck the Church of Diaz is called.

Kaladin

MMA fans would hate it because you got your fake wrasslin in my MMA, and wrasslin fans would hate it because it was too much shoot style in their wrasslin.

KissVibes

Banned
Yeah, not expecting anything storyline related, just hopefully a chance to meet Daniel.

Buy the VIP package.

Also, where do you live? I've been hearing a similar ad and was thinking of going, I'd be down to meet up and drink a non-alcoholic beverage with a GAFer.

Don't expect that unless you're lucky and hang out when the wrestlers enter/leave the building.

If you wear a Dos Caras mask and Del Rio sees you, you automatically become best friends and get to meet whoever is working that show.

Heel

I dunno, I think it would be cool if they took MMA guys that could talk and gave them something to work with beyond what they have naturally. If Jeff Jones, the mask-wearing master of fire lost a legit fight against Tom Carver, beer drinking Canadian redneck and storyline beat him up after the fight with a baseball bat or tried to run him down in an SUV, it would be kinda cool.

But hey, I don't watch a ton of MMA, unless my dad is trying to get me to join the Metal Mulisha or whatever the fuck the Church of Diaz is called.

I'm thinking more along the lines of...

"I'm going to lay on you for 15 minutes and there's not a damn thing you or these ignorant fans can do to stop it." - future MMA free agent Clay Guida, laughing in the face of his opponent like a prime Ted DiBiase

"If you wantch to hitch me, you has to catch me. Caralho." - future MMA free agent Lyoto Machida, draped in a Brazilian flag and sipping a shot glass of piss

Kaladin

Saw this on a friend's facebook page, it was too cool not to share.

885944_337276866372636_122260185_o.jpg

Buy the VIP package.

Also, where do you live? I've been hearing a similar ad and was thinking of going, I'd be down to meet up and drink a non-alcoholic beverage with a GAFer.

If you wear a Dos Caras mask and Del Rio sees you, you automatically become best friends and get to meet whoever is working that show.

Utah. WWE is coming to the Maverick Center in Salt Lake on May 24th.

Apparently
See WWE Superstars including: Ryback, CM Punk, The Shield, Kane, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, the WWE Divas and much more.

Yup. I'm going. In it to hopefully meet Miz or Punk or Daniel, not expecting too though. Should be cool.

I hope this does huge numbers and inspires Vince to start an MMA promotion with guys who actually know how to work a mic. Right, Scooter?

Bring back Brawl 4 All and give bags of cash to cans like Rampage, Arlovski and Shogun to participate. Vince can kill the UFC in a heartbeat.

Penguin

Vince McMahon was reportedly a lot more hands-on with producing and scripting last night's RAW from Indianapolis. This was the first week since Eric Pankowski's departure and it's said that he wasn't missed last night and it was like he was never there.

What likely led to Pankowski's departure was having CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show compete in the Fatal 4 Way two weeks ago to earn the right to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29.

Everyone felt that the Fatal 4 Way was a bad idea. People told Pankowski it was a bad idea but he blew them off and went with it. No word yet why Vince McMahon approved it for TV.

Weird that he got to push a match everyone was against.. no idea who he is/was

Weird that he got to push a match everyone was against.. no idea who he is/was

This is why you have to stop letting Late Night and broadcast sitcom writer rejects who don't know shit about wrestling write wrestling.

Having a match for the "right" to face the Undertaker was fucking stupid.

gurudyne

Vince McMahon was reportedly a lot more hands-on with producing and scripting last night's RAW from Indianapolis. This was the first week since Eric Pankowski's departure and it's said that he wasn't missed last night and it was like he was never there.

Creative lead leaves and Vince takes reins, no one notices, RAW is as aimless and pointless as ever? Shocker.

Does that mean we can blame thank Vince for Maddox', um, thing?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This is why you have to stop letting Late Night and broadcast sitcom writer rejects who don't know shit about wrestling write wrestling.

Having a match for the "right" to face the Undertaker was fucking stupid.

Especially as the other three in the match were quite clearly already occupied with a Shield feud. Everyone knew there was only one winner.

dream

It's a goddamn work. World Wrestling Entertainment, with all their resources, sending Razor to world class rehab facilities, can't get him cleaned up. Yet we're expected to believe that former United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page can perform this miracle through positive thinking and hot yoga? GTFOutta here. It's a goddamn work and they're milking all the marks for every cent they can get.

Sokantish

It's a goddamn work. World Wrestling Entertainment, with all their resources, sending Razor to world class rehab facilities, can't get him cleaned up. Yet we're expected to believe that former United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page can perform this miracle through positive thinking and hot yoga? GTFOutta here. It's a goddamn work and they're milking all the marks for every cent they can get.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong but maybe he just didn't really want to quit back then. I think friends trying to help you through something probably means more to a person than some company trying to clean you up just so they can make money off you. Or it could all be a plan to just get some easy money. Who knows!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
SD spoilers. Two more matches for WM.

Josh Mathews, Michael Cole and Brad Maddox are on commentary.

Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow. Sandow ate a Brogue Kick, Rhodes hit an RKO to take the pin. After the match, The Shield challenged Orton and Sheamus to find a partner for a six man at WrestleMania. Orton and Sheamus accepted.

The Miz defeats Darren Young via submission with the figure four. Wade Barrett was on commentary.

Backstage, Big Show wanted to be the tag partner against The Shield. Orton & Henry said they already picked somebody - Ryback.

Layla & Kaitlyn defeat Tamina Snuka & Aksana. Sloppy match. Kaitlyn hit Aksana with a GORE, but Layla snuck a tag in and pinned Aksana with a crossbody. Turn coming.

Backstage, the Bellas beat up Naomi and Cameron. Bellas made fun of the "dancing dinosaur and his fat friend who thinks he is Japanese."

Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane with the ZigZag. Daniel Bryan and Big E brawled at ringside towards the end. This distracted Kane leading towards the finish. Big E tossed Bryan over the timekeeper wall. After the match, Ziggler taunted Kane until Kane grabbed Ziggler's throat for a chokeslam. Big E saved Ziggler, then hit his finish on Kane.

Another Ricardo/ADR spoof on Colter aired. This one was about Canadians. It was pretty funny.

Fandango vs Great Khali never happened. Fandango came out, calling Khali "stretch." He wanted Khali to pronounce his name. Khali tried. Fandango was sickened by Khali's attempt. No match.

Backstage, Booker made The Shield vs. Sheamus, Ryback & Orton official. The Shield then attacked Orton and Sheamus and left them laying.

Mark Henry vs The Ryback never happened. 10 seconds after the bell rang, The Shield attacked Ryback. Ryback initially cleared the ring and faced back off with Henry, but the Shield got the better of Ryback on attempt #2. The Shield left Ryback laying with a trio powerbomb. After Shield left, Henry came back in and gave Ryback a World's Strongest Slam. And then another. And then another. Henry welcomed Ryback to the Hall of Pain.

Jack Swagger pinned Chris Jericho. This was a good, long match with a lot of back and forth trading nearfalls at the end. Swagger won with his gutwrench powerbomb. Swagger and Zeb posed to close the show.

So Randy Orton tweeted

Randy Orton's Twitter said:
I enjoyed watching The Marine 3 Homefront last night, but I'm a little jealous that @mikethemiz shot more bad guys then I did in #12rounds

Uhh... Wasn't John Cena the star of 12 Rounds?

Heel

dream, I slyly suggested it in the other thread but that is indeed my worst fear. I don't want to wake up one day and see that Razor is back at his waterfront mansion floating on an innertube surrounded by the floating cans of a 24 pack of Budweiser.

I will remain optimistic.

Entropia

No One Remembers
SD spoilers. Two more matches for WM.

Josh Mathews, Michael Cole and Brad Maddox are on commentary.

Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow. Sandow ate a Brogue Kick, Rhodes hit an RKO to take the pin. After the match, The Shield challenged Orton and Sheamus to find a partner for a six man at WrestleMania. Orton and Sheamus accepted.

The Miz defeats Darren Young via submission with the figure four. Wade Barrett was on commentary.

Backstage, Big Show wanted to be the tag partner against The Shield. Orton & Henry said they already picked somebody - Ryback.

Layla & Kaitlyn defeat Tamina Snuka & Aksana. Sloppy match. Kaitlyn hit Aksana with a GORE, but Layla snuck a tag in and pinned Aksana with a crossbody. Turn coming.

Backstage, the Bellas beat up Naomi and Cameron. Bellas made fun of the "dancing dinosaur and his fat friend who thinks he is Japanese."

Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane with the ZigZag. Daniel Bryan and Big E brawled at ringside towards the end. This distracted Kane leading towards the finish. Big E tossed Bryan over the timekeeper wall. After the match, Ziggler taunted Kane until Kane grabbed Ziggler's throat for a chokeslam. Big E saved Ziggler, then hit his finish on Kane.

Another Ricardo/ADR spoof on Colter aired. This one was about Canadians. It was pretty funny.

Fandango vs Great Khali never happened. Fandango came out, calling Khali "stretch." He wanted Khali to pronounce his name. Khali tried. Fandango was sickened by Khali's attempt. No match.

Backstage, Booker made The Shield vs. Sheamus, Ryback & Orton official. The Shield then attacked Orton and Sheamus and left them laying.

Mark Henry vs The Ryback never happened. 10 seconds after the bell rang, The Shield attacked Ryback. Ryback initially cleared the ring and faced back off with Henry, but the Shield got the better of Ryback on attempt #2. The Shield left Ryback laying with a trio powerbomb. After Shield left, Henry came back in and gave Ryback a World's Strongest Slam. And then another. And then another. Henry welcomed Ryback to the Hall of Pain.

Jack Swagger pinned Chris Jericho. This was a good, long match with a lot of back and forth trading nearfalls at the end. Swagger won with his gutwrench powerbomb. Swagger and Zeb posed to close the show.

God fucking dammit, so
Ryback vs. henry won't actually be at WM? I fucking hope that Henry gets a match in at WM.

But, props to
Jericho for putting over Swagger.

Ithil

On SD:
Hell No vs Ziggler and Big E? Ok. Sounds like they're losing the tag title at WM. Can't say I'm enthused by the idea of Bryan having yet another WM without a proper singles match, but whatever.

Also, sounds like Henry vs Ryback is still on. Ryback will pull out of the match to take on Henry, and Big Show steps in.

McNei1y

Smackdown Spoilers and my opinions:

-Maddox on commentary? Fuck yes!

-Hell No vs Zig E? Sounds cool.

-Of course the face duo pick another face... luckily it seems like Ryback might still be fighting Mark Henry with all of the WSS. I can't see Ryback letting that go.

-Pretty awesome to hear that Jericho put Swagger over. Jericho is just so damn cool. I want Swagger to get more fans so that he can possibly continue in the business. Another decent wrestler is always welcome in my book.

-Miz vs Darren with Barrett on commentary? I guess there won't be a triple threat match or maybe Cesaro isn't having a match at WM?

Top Bottom